Miami cruise port parking

jancl57

16 hours ago, vegas7df said:

When parking at the Miami port do you pay prior to parking or when you leave. Trying to figure out how to handle a back to back cruise.

If you are coming from St. Augustine and cruising back to back it might be cheaper to use two one-way car rentals instead of paying for a couple of weeks parking at POM.  Your call! 😎

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

If you are coming from St. Augustine and cruising back to back it might be cheaper to use two one-way car rentals instead of paying for a couple of weeks parking at POM.  Your call! 😎

Thanks I've been thinking about that as well, makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 5:20 PM, Carnac767 said:

We've used Premier Cruise Parking in Miami for several cruises.  They charge $6.95 a day, have a covered parking garage, and shuttle right to baggage drop-off.  Always had great service with them, and it's much cheaper than parking at the port.  Don't confuse them with Premiere Parking, which has horrible reviews.

Check out Premiere Cruise Parking here:  https://premiercruiseparking.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnJaKBhDgARIsAHmvz6cEr8xHKp3UKd5rhGQKo1w1b9NJgvEZQniLGLr98mXA7HeLw6QascsaAnxqEALw_wcB

Yes, I have use them twice and I do it again. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 4:36 PM, Diver2014 said:

I worked in downtown Miami for 13 years, on Biscayne Blvd.  I rode the Metrorail to work because of all the car break ins at the parking garages.  Seems every day someone in our building or adjacent buildings had their cars broken into.  Even parking on Biscayne Blvd, in front of Bayfront Park, was a field day for car thieves and break ins.  The fenced lots near the Arsht Center also have a reputation of thieves breaking into cars on a continuous basis.  Some people may have been lucky.  I had the ignition switch pounded with a sledge hammer in my car by someone trying to hot wire to steal it.  Never again.

Ohhhhh boy- Should we worry about the ($29 a night) parking at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay?

There are several secure and affordable parking options off-site. Anyone that says otherwise doesn’t know what they are talking about.

I left my car at the Marriott Miami Airport for 7 nights @ $60.95. Secured, gated parking with attendant working 24/7. You don’t even have to be a guest of the hotel.

Took Lyft to the port, about $20. So even with the cost of using Lyft round trip, it was still around $100. Beats paying $200 at the port.

Edited by CruisingNole

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I stayed at a hotel that allowed me to keep my car parked there for the length of the cruise at no charge, so long as I had stayed there the 1st night. I don't see any hotels doing that now.  Are there any?     We'll be gone 14 nights.

8 minutes ago, gwesq said:

A few years ago I stayed at a hotel that allowed me to keep my car parked there for the length of the cruise at no charge, so long as I had stayed there the 1st night. I don't see any hotels doing that now.  Are there any?     We'll be gone 14 nights.

I haven't heard of free parking after a hotel stay but there are hotels that have reduced parking.  This is a recent thread:

On 10/31/2021 at 11:06 AM, CruisingNole said:

There are several secure and affordable parking options off-site. Anyone that says otherwise doesn’t know what they are talking about.

I left my car at the Marriott Miami Airport for 7 nights @ $60.95. Secured, gated parking with attendant working 24/7. You don’t even have to be a guest of the hotel.

Took Lyft to the port, about $20. So even with the cost of using Lyft round trip, it was still around $100. Beats paying $200 at the port.

CruisingNole, an hour ago and after much research I made a reservation there for two weeks in January, glad to read your positive report, we plan to do the Lyft thing also. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 1:43 PM, cellfree said:

CruisingNole, an hour ago and after much research I made a reservation there for two weeks in January, glad to read your positive report, we plan to do the Lyft thing also. 

We have another cruise tomorrow and have reserved the same parking. I’ll follow-up when we return and let you know how it goes.

We are driving out there today (night before) and staying at the hotel. I was able to get the room for $110 with one day parking included. Then I reserved parking for the 7 night cruise through the parking website at $60.95. So we’ll be getting a hotel stay, 8 nights of parking and Lyft/Uber to/from the hotel to the port for about the same price as parking at the port.

We live in Orlando so it’s only a 3.5 hour drive but it’s still nice to be able to stay the night before. Makes things a bit less stressful day-of. And doing it this way, it doesn’t cost any extra than if you were to drive into town day-of and park at the port.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, gwesq said:

We used to use the LaQuinta Miami East but just checked, their rates are $249 a night for our next cruise.  Used to be in the low 100,s so staying with 10 days parking was worth it. 

I have used Premier parking many times too and have no issues.  Anything can happen anywhere......

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 10:58 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

Have cruise planned for MSC Seashore Terminal F Port of Miami. Want to park at port. Is Parking Garage G open across the street from Terminal F.

Garage G is open but it's not exactly "across the street from Terminal F". Somewhat of a hike!

• Thanks 1

I too am curious about parking at the port.  We have sailed out of Miami once before and parking at the garage was convenient and easy to use.  However that was with a car, this time we are taking my truck (Ram 2500) and I am concerned with clearance issues. I know I can clear the first floor but if there isn't any parking, is there an outside lot I can use to park instead? We will be on the NCL Encore 1/2/22.

@Fee Waybilland @Bsens07 Have you investigated the official PortMiami website?  https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise.asp

A very cursory look saw

Parking is conveniently available at all cruise terminals. Designated disabled permit parking spaces are available in each garage. Spaces are also available for oversized vehicles (oversized vans, recreational vehicles and vehicles with trailers) at special rates. All facilities are patrolled by security. Oversized vehicles may only park in Lot #2, across from Cruise Terminal E.

On cruise days only, all garages and Lot #2 are open and manned by a parking attendant from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please note that Garage J is pre-paid only. Passengers pay upon arrival to Garage J and are given a decal to post in their vehicle for the duration of their cruise.

I didn't look any further but I'm sure there is contact info for the port on the site.