The Daily for Friday September 17, 2021

richwmn

13 hours ago, kplady said:

Good evening!

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts - I was discharged from the hospital this afternoon.  All is well, the surgeon did what he had to and got it all. 

I've missed so much, but will try to go back and catch up.  Prayers to all needing them, and cheers to all celebrating!  Glad to be back with my CC family, I've missed every one of you!!

Laura

Nice to hear you're home now.  Time to relax and get back to your normal self.  Take care!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi 

Just about to get off P&O Iona after 7 fantastic days on a fabulous ship.

It was a seacation cruise with no stops but we loved the relaxing experience.

We sailed 1300 nautical miles from Southampton passing through the Bay of Biscay passing the channel Islands,Northern Spain and West coast of France

315 miles drive home.

I will post some photos later.

Graham.

Can't wait to see the photos!  It's great you can get away on P&O so easily and enjoy yourselves.  Do they require everyone to be vaccinated, and tested just before boarding? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I’ve never seen one like this. It’s in Kruger, but the biggest thing is the accommodations. It’s called the train on the bridge, right in Kruger National Park. The rooms and dining area are carriages on a refurbished train set right on a long trestle over the Sabie River on a disused track. There are only 24 carriage cabins in total, so excursion space is finite. It’s not like HAL can just hire another 40 seater bus or two as demand increases.

3D8A6C5F-9FF4-4649-B192-C3D3D0FC4E26.jpeg.3a3fd9eea4063704ecd67e2ad158f9c6.jpeg

CA8A89F4-77D0-41FA-90AB-D8FF52A46454.thumb.jpeg.34fea4291210ecd1855458632620c6fa.jpeg

012BC302-57BB-4447-89A8-E34BFB94F299.jpeg.52076f04cae8fe28c3d9f8814e7b5696.jpeg

When I was waitlisted for my originally booked 2023 safari, I booked this one as a backup.  Thank goodness, I was able to book the original after all, since I do not like heights!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandi 

Just about to get off P&O Iona after 7 fantastic days on a fabulous ship.

It was a seacation cruise with no stops but we loved the relaxing experience.

We sailed 1300 nautical miles from Southampton passing through the Bay of Biscay passing the channel Islands,Northern Spain and West coast of France

315 miles drive home.

I will post some photos later.

Graham.

Was there any scenic cruising?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Was there any scenic cruising?

We passed close by a few of the Channel islands, the North coast of Spain and West coast of France but it was primarily a seacation cruise a bit like a TA cruise where we only saw water.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Can't wait to see the photos!  It's great you can get away on P&O so easily and enjoy yourselves.  Do they require everyone to be vaccinated, and tested just before boarding? 

Everyone had to have proof of 2 covid vaccinations and every one has to have a lateral flow test before check in.

They texted our negative test results in 20 minutes and we had to show this before we could check in.

Graham. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Everyone had to have proof of 2 covid vaccinations and every one has to have a lateral flow test before check in.

They texted our negative test results in 20 minutes and we had to show this before we could check in.

Graham. 

Thanks for the answers.  I just asked again in today's Daily because I hadn't seen this.  Good to know they're taking precautions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks for the answers.  I just asked again in today's Daily because I hadn't seen this.  Good to know they're taking precautions. 

Everyone had to wear masks indoors except when sat down eating and drinking.

Tables were social distanced and masks were required in the theatre with cloth signs on every third seat back to enable social distancing.

Graham.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Not for me either. I’m getting tired of all the issues that I’m having, so much so that I haven’t posted much lately. I shouldn’t have to clear my browser multiple times a day just to “like” or post or reply.  And it doesn’t matter what device I’m using. 

I had the same problem two days ago, couldn’t react,  posting took multiple times,  what a waste of time and effort! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mame42 said:

When I was waitlisted for my originally booked 2023 safari, I booked this one as a backup.  Thank goodness, I was able to book the original after all, since I do not like heights!

Out of curiosity, was your original Safari Kruger or Victoria Falls?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

The elevators were restricted to 4 people with signs in the 4 corners of the elevators to Stand Here.

Graham.

• Thanks 1