Online check in

audobon_tx

44 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

It has been over 2 years since our last trip on Azamara and I am out of practice.

Our next trip departs in 35 days and we made final payment yesterday.  

When does online check-in open?

There's something afoot with online check in at the moment.  I completed it in August after I made final payment for the same cruise, but had an email a couple of days ago with my electronic cruise documents and the link provided says check in unavailable so I'm going to leave it a little while and see.

Phil

15 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There's something afoot with online check in at the moment.  I completed it in August after I made final payment for the same cruise, but had an email a couple of days ago with my electronic cruise documents and the link provided says check in unavailable so I'm going to leave it a little while and see.

Phil

Although you could in theory do them earlier I found for our Greece cruise previous efforts were deleted and you could not conclude it until after we had registered for the pier side testing- that was about 10 days before sailing.

The online boarding pass looked very different to the old ones. 

They used the barcode a lot during the process in the terminal the health declaration was a verbal question session. The agents “walk the line” with handheld terminals and scan and handle whatever the stage of the process you are at. 

It’s very personal and different 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

Thanks.  May meet you onboard.  Have you heard how many passengers are expected?

Also thanks to uktog for her input.

We are on a number of B2Bs, starting next week. We think.  I started getting notifications about 1 week ago, ie less than 3 weeks prior to departure, that on line check in was available, and boarding passes could be printed. Our Nov 4th and 14th cruises are not available for check in at this time. And only yesterday, I got emails from Aza regarding setting up covid testing times.  So hold tight. They are coming. As is Christmas.  Have a great trip, eventually.

1 hour ago, flyingshoes said:

Thanks.  May meet you onboard.  Have you heard how many passengers are expected?

Also thanks to uktog for her input.

Yes. May see you there. I'm really not sure how many there will be. I'm going to guess at 400, but really have no idea. Will see!

Phil 

13 minutes ago, silkismom said:

So they are doing a covid test before getting on the ship? Does that mean that we don't need one earlier than that? We are on the LIS-Mia in Nov. coming from US.

Your airline will tell you what they need, different airlines have different requirements for boarding.  Check with them, they all have different rules

You also need to keep checking what Portugal needs you to enter the country as you are from the USA (it differs depending on where you come from).  

Azamara's testing is purely for their purposes in terms of satisfying themselves and the various port authorities they call at.  I would imagine on a transatlantic they will be very cautious as with many sea days they won't want Covid creeping onboard and getting wild mid Atlantic

• Like 2

6 hours ago, silkismom said:

So they are doing a covid test before getting on the ship? Does that mean that we don't need one earlier than that? We are on the LIS-Mia in Nov. coming from US.

We are also on the TA, although undecided yet if we will cancel.  But I do know you need the test to enter Portugal so the airline will likely require it before boarding.  You also need it to check into a hotel.  Here is a link to advice from the US Embassy in Portugal.

https://pt.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I just called Azamara to ask them when the online check-in will be available because I booked a cruise less than 60 days out. She told me two weeks before the cruise.

Thanks for this info. It used to be 90 days out.

Online check in with or without Trust one code still took less than 20 minutes after your assigned group was called based on when you gave them your luggage.Tests were done prior, midway and near end of cruise. Second test was just a walk thru with no waiting.

• Thanks 1

Regarding online Check In,  I have registered my forthcoming cruise in My Azamara Account but cannot find how to enter my details into the system. 

I always used to be able to enter passport no. insurance details, next of kin etc. within about 24 hours of booking.  The acutal checking in and printing boarding passes  was then completed a few weeks before departure.

Does everything including entering details now have to be done when they e-mail you at approx 15 days before departure?

2 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

Regarding online Check In,  I have registered my forthcoming cruise in My Azamara Account but cannot find how to enter my details into the system. 

I always used to be able to enter passport no. insurance details, next of kin etc. within about 24 hours of booking.  The acutal checking in and printing boarding passes  was then completed a few weeks before departure.

Does everything including entering details now have to be done when they e-mail you at approx 15 days before departure?

Short answer to question, yes.