“LIVE” from Oasis of the Seas - Oct. 3, 2021

Radio

4 hours ago, amberjohn said:

Anyone know if they will be opening up the Windjammer for dinner in the near future?

I don't think it will be happening until passenger count increases. My current sailing is at 42% to capacity.

Radio

Edited by Radio
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, amberjohn said:

Does anyone know the foods that are served 24 hours in Cafe Promenade or where I can find a menu?

There is no menu. Sandwiches, finger foods, muffins, sliced fruit can be found at Cafe Promenade. Below is the App description. . .

Screenshot_20211008-050442.thumb.png.ab1db88071cfa5ffc76b68df62ce8d9e.png

• Like 2

A couple of questions if I may

1. Are they offering messaging through the Royal App for $1.99/day? If so, where would I go to sign up?

2. Wow bands? Do they have them on Oasis? Anyone using them?

3. Laser Tag? Are they running it now? If not, have you heard when it may return?

4. Love and Marriage show?

5. Is it correct that I can only make reservations for shows when I board and not ahead of time? Is this done through the Royal App? 

Thoroughly enjoying your trip report! Sailing out of Miami on the Oasis on Nov 21. 

54 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

A couple of questions if I may

1. Are they offering messaging through the Royal App for $1.99/day? If so, where would I go to sign up?

2. Wow bands? Do they have them on Oasis? Anyone using them?

3. Laser Tag? Are they running it now? If not, have you heard when it may return?

4. Love and Marriage show?

5. Is it correct that I can only make reservations for shows when I board and not ahead of time? Is this done through the Royal App? 

Thoroughly enjoying your trip report! Sailing out of Miami on the Oasis on Nov 21. 

1 Yes,, you sign up through the App

2 No WoW Bands that I have seen. Only a wrist band to indicate if you have been vaccinated.

3 No Lazer Tag until CDC suggestions have been softened

4 haven't I haven't heard anything about the love and marriage show yet. Maybe it will be on our final day, tomorrow.

5 You cannot make reservations ahead of time. They can be made through the app when on the ship

Radio

• Like 4

Hello and good morning. Welcome to DAY 6 of "LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas.

I had dinner for the first time in the MDR. I noticed they were offering Fish n Chips, and I had to go. It was very good. I was surprised that the dining room was not full. It appears that there are more staff than this ship needs right now. They may be training additional staff for when a passenger count is much higher.

Today is the first of two days at Sea on our way back to Cape Liberty. There are many activities today with indoor and outdoor events. I may be doing two activities. The first one is the up close and personal Diamond Plus activity this morning and a seminar in the Vitality Spa "Secrets to a Flatter Stomach" I could use that Seminar.

The forecast for today is cloudy skies with possible showers this afternoon at 82°f.

Here are some pics from last night and this morning.

Radio

MDR Table Setting

PXL_20211007_212719323_MP.thumb.jpg.5c80f91953600646bb0e124f0e856354.jpg

Fish n Chips

PXL_20211007_221309339_MP.thumb.jpg.430c3485e866dc4e225fe43bba4bdbd1.jpg

Izumi

PXL_20211008_132751017_MP.thumb.jpg.9a35d2c722b70e2c56d5c398eee5fc3f.jpg

Izumi Hibachi

PXL_20211008_132831454_MP.thumb.jpg.d9967815172fb29c94e468f3426bd5b0.jpg

150 Central Park

PXL_20211008_124150206_MP.thumb.jpg.1e9e5ef72d61c1d55fffbe5f830127da.jpg

Life raft for Crew Drill

PXL_20211008_104525753_MP.thumb.jpg.a0ee613566bd7f33385c2493e207756c.jpg

Cloudy Skies with rain possible

PXL_20211008_134416141_MP.thumb.jpg.44a56147e835b5fa49424171baf3b759.jpg

Nice Social Distancing in the Sports Pool

PXL_20211008_134444996_MP.thumb.jpg.18603c866360e2a085e580412936aa3b.jpg

Edited by Radio
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Radio said:
The first one is the up close and personal Diamond Plus activity this morning and a seminar in the Vitality Spa "Secrets to a Flatter Stomach" I could use that Seminar.

I attended this WAY back when, and now my husband and I joke when we see these (and similar offerings) that the "secret" is to not go on a cruise....  which of course, is not going to happen.

I believe the answer is - reduce processed foods, eliminate sugar, add protein and exercise.  They may want to sell you some personal training ??  

All -- easier said than done.  All bets are off on a cruise.

Thanks for the live review - joining Oasis on Sunday !

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Snoopycollector said:

I attended this WAY back when, and now my husband and I joke when we see these (and similar offerings) that the "secret" is to not go on a cruise....  which of course, is not going to happen.

I believe the answer is - reduce processed foods, eliminate sugar, add protein and exercise.  They may want to sell you some personal training ??  

All -- easier said than done.  All bets are off on a cruise.

Thanks for the live review - joining Oasis on Sunday !

I am pretty sure Radio is making a little joke.  

Hi Radio!  I'm enjoying following along on your adventure.  We booked the NYE Oasis out of Miami cruise and we're pretty excited about it.  Since we live in Brooklyn, I'd like to take my family over to the water near the Verrazzano bridge when she pulls away from the pier slowly in Bayonne on Sunday.  If you think of it, would you let me know what time that will be?  I was under the impression that sail away was 4:00 pm, but I believe you mentioned that this past Sunday it was at 5:00.  I wonder if it will be the same for this next sailing?  I like watching the water as much as the next guy, but I don't think I can get my kids to sit for over an hour waiting for the Oasis.   

10 minutes ago, Dulis said:

Hi Radio!  I'm enjoying following along on your adventure.  We booked the NYE Oasis out of Miami cruise and we're pretty excited about it.  Since we live in Brooklyn, I'd like to take my family over to the water near the Verrazzano bridge when she pulls away from the pier slowly in Bayonne on Sunday.  If you think of it, would you let me know what time that will be?  I was under the impression that sail away was 4:00 pm, but I believe you mentioned that this past Sunday it was at 5:00.  I wonder if it will be the same for this next sailing?  I like watching the water as much as the next guy, but I don't think I can get my kids to sit for over an hour waiting for the Oasis.   

It was originally scheduled for 6PM but today, Royal sent a communique that we're leaving at 5PM and all aboard is 3:30PM now. 😎

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Radio said:

Yesterday, inside the Solarium (Deck 15) before sail away from Nassau.

Radio

Radio, it looks like the ceiling is partially open in the Solarium;  I've never been on the Oasis class ships before, although I am booked for 2 cruises, one on the Allure and one on the Oasis...any time I've been in the Solarium on other cruises, there always was a closed ceiling.

I'm enjoying your many pictures and commentary.  Enjoy your last day onboard tomorrow!