"Destination Collection" (aka Cruise Atlas) and other cruise brochures will return!

azbirdmom

I just listened in to John Chernesky's webinar live from the Majestic Princess.  In response to a question, he indicated that they are currently working on publishing new destination brochures including the Destination Collection.  More info to come soon but he said that they recognize that people like to have these as a hard copy and not just in electronic form.  So happy that these weren't another unfortunate victim of Covid.  Looking forward to seeing my "wish book" again some day soon!

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• azbirdmom changed the title to "Destination Collection" (aka Cruise Atlas) and other cruise brochures will return!
15 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

To me personally it seems like a waste.  Everything comes to your screen these days.

Don

I agree.  As a consumer this expense will get passed onto us.  As much as I enjoy hard copies, I understand the cost saving measures of electronic.

5 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I just listened in to John Chernesky's webinar live from the Majestic Princess.  In response to a question, he indicated that they are currently working on publishing new destination brochures including the Destination Collection.  More info to come soon but he said that they recognize that people like to have these as a hard copy and not just in electronic form.  So happy that these weren't another unfortunate victim of Covid.  Looking forward to seeing my "wish book" again some day soon!

I know many disagree with the return of the "Cruise Atlas" or "wish book" but it is so much nicer  and somehow feels more personal to thumb through this hard copy than to shop for cruises on the internet!

• Like 4

For me, the printed version is essential.

a) Most of the cruises we have booked with Princess were after finding them in the printed copy which is easy to thumb through in any room in the house. Frankly, looking at 150 pages on a screen in the room that has a computer is no fun.

b) I often refer to it when responding to  questions on Cruise Critic. Quick to find what I am looking for in the printed version. I would not spend the time it would take to try to find something in it online.

• Like 3

There are lots of things that I would rather do on my laptop or a Smart device.  But the cruise atlas is one of the few things that I am happy to have available to physically access.  Some of the things like comparing deck plans from ship to ship or the at a glance color coded itineraries by ship and month on the back cover aren't as easily read online.  We all have our favorite ways to do things and knowing that the paper version will be distributed with 2022/2023 itineraries made me very happy.

• Like 6

We also really enjoy and use the "Cruise Atlas". I flip back and forth on the pages and highlight many things such as itineraries, deck plans, etc.

I also think it would be nice as has been mentioned, for customers to opt out.

• 3 months later...

Someone recently posted that the electronic version of the cruise atlas was on the Princess website.  I just found that they added a "mail me" button and it works!  Now we'll see how long it will take to get here, and if we'll get two as usual (one for Captain's Circle status and the other ordered from the website).

image.png.e76c4eecaf82464ea102578272b73914.png

• Thanks 1