Ultimate Dining Package & Tips

GMoney

It depends on when you purchased it. If you purchased it recently on the "new" cruise planner, 18% gratuities were added to your package purchase. 

As always, tipping is a personal matter. If you wish to add some cash to your 0.00 receipt, I am sure they would be delighted. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Just now, GMoney said:

I purchased it onboard the first day of my cruise. 

I don't know for sure then, GMoney. If you purchase it in the planner, you can see the price difference. I would *guess* that they are doing the same thing onboard, because they do include gratuities with the beverage packages when you buy onboard. :classic_smile:

You probably already know this. I just saw a flyer posted for UDP on Symphony purchased onboard. Fine print says that an 18% gratuity will be added to each guest check. 

The question would be, 18% of what? :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc

2 minutes ago, RhondaC said:

I'm on Freedom in December, and I don't see the Unlimited Dining Plan in my cruise planner.  Will this show up later?  Or don't they offer it on Freedom?

I was on Freedom last weekend and again in December.  It was not offered in the cruise planner for either and not offered on board.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

I was on Freedom last weekend and again in December.  It was not offered in the cruise planner for either and not offered on board.

It may have sold out. I have UDP for my Freedom sailing on Friday. It is no longer offered on the cruise planner. 

We had it last week on Odyssey and they have you sign a 0 receipt each meal so I generally added $10 tip or $10 cash and wrote "cash" on the slip to not feel silly. It was an added roughly $100 expense with the dinners and lunches and snacks at playmakers but worth it.