Viking Saturn 2023 Salings Announced

cmaasfamily

Just got an email announcing 2023 sailings with links to booking. Am I the only one that missed this? I didn't realize a new ship was so close. (For what its worth Saturn will the last ship I'll consider in this series; Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn - I'm fine with. But I'm not sailing on Uranus. Apologies to all.)

Edited by cmaasfamily
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, cmaasfamily said:

Just got an email announcing 2023 sailings with links to booking. Am I the only one that missed this? I didn't realize a new ship was so close. (For what its worth Saturn will the last ship I'll consider in this series; Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn - I'm fine with. But I'm not sailing on Uranus. Apologies to all.)

They could still use Mercury, Earth & Pluto (for those of us that still consider it a planet) before getting to Uranus.😁

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, slewis7 said:

I really like the new itinerary of “Iconic Iceland, Greenland and Canada”!

We do too!  Very different.  I'm wondering if the recent popularity and success of the welcome back cruises to Iceland led Viking to consider having more itineraries there (and using a new ship to do it).  If so, great!  We will likely consider doing it - and you don't have to fly to Europe!

1 hour ago, slewis7 said:

I really like the new itinerary of “Iconic Iceland, Greenland and Canada”!

For anyone thinking of these itineraries, here is a thread that you should bookmark for later (because it is quickly settling down to the bottom of the pile and you will never find it 18 months from now):

Excursions and how you liked or disliked them.

It doesn't specifically say Iceland in title but that is all it covers.

There are other threads from this past summer's Iceland cruises but they aren't as concise as this one. A lot of the conversation this past summer was about the Covid restrictions and protocols, the delay in being able to book shorex and other issues that were specific to the Welcome Back cruises -- and that hopefully will not be issues for 2023 cruises.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

They could still use Mercury, Earth & Pluto (for those of us that still consider it a planet) before getting to Uranus.😁

At the risk of propagating this clever exchange, I'm onside with Pluto - and for that matter, Charon. (although the mythology is likely a bit dark for a cruise ship 😈🍺🥌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

For anyone thinking of these itineraries, here is a thread that you should bookmark for later (because it is quickly settling down to the bottom of the pile and you will never find it 18 months from now):

Excursions and how you liked or disliked them.

It doesn't specifically say Iceland in title but that is all it covers.

There are other threads from this past summer's Iceland cruises but they aren't as concise as this one. A lot of the conversation this past summer was about the Covid restrictions and protocols, the delay in being able to book shorex and other issues that were specific to the Welcome Back cruises -- and that hopefully will not be issues for 2023 cruises.

Thanks so much Peregrina651!

I was just about to go hunting and you saved me the trouble.  It is now bookmarked!

11 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Politically, they are part of Europe (though not part of the EU). Geographically, Iceland straddles the tectonic plates of Europe and North America -- and visitors can walk through that rift as part of the Golden Circle tour.

Regardless, the flights to Reykjavik can be shorter, depending on where you are flying from.

11 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Politically, they are part of Europe (though not part of the EU). Geographically, Iceland straddles the tectonic plates of Europe and North America -- and visitors can walk through that rift as part of the Golden Circle tour.

Regardless, the flights to Reykjavik can be shorter, depending on where you are flying from.

And Iceland is part of Schengen, even though not EU.

7 hours ago, Cocktail613 said:

Yes this itinerary looks interesting.  Any thoughts on which direction would be best?

We are looking at New York to Iceland Aug 30 - simply because we can get 3 hours jet lag over with first from California, and then also enjoy time in New York first.  Long flight back from Iceland is OK, since the trip is over then!    And given NYC weather in August (hot?  muggy?), then Iceland might be a welcome change 🙂

Edited by CCWineLover