What is the room service menu like in a suite and do you need to pay a surcharge to order from it?

db51

If this has been asked before then sorry but I am on the Sky Princess in March and wondered what the room service menu was like - can you eat MDR meals in your room for free like P and O or do you have to pay something?

Thanks

4 hours ago, db51 said:

If this has been asked before then sorry but I am on the Sky Princess in March and wondered what the room service menu was like - can you eat MDR meals in your room for free like P and O or do you have to pay something?

Thanks

In addition to the 'regular' room service menu, suites can order off the MDR menu (no charge).  Pre-Covid the steward would leave the following day's MDR menus during the nightly turndown service and if he/she forgot all you needed to do was ask for them.  I'm sure someone who has cruised in a suite post-covid will note if that procedure has changed.

• Like 1

We were in the Owners Suite on the Caribbean Princess a few years ago. We did order from the dinning menu and it was wonderful. Thank goodness we had read on these boards to ask for little things like, salt and pepper, butter, ketchup, steak sauce or any condiments you may want, but are not necessarily included without asking. 

Yep, we were spoiled the entire week. This was an unexpected upgrade offer we did pay for from Cabin E731. Worth every penny. 

There is no surcharge to order off the full MDR menus during dining hours. You will be charged for beverages that normally have a charge. If you have the plus fare then beverages will be charged according to the terms and conditions of the beverage package. Example, bottles of wine, cans of soda 25% discount. Mostly any beverage menu priced $12 and under included in the package, but you can only order one at a time for each person. In the past the MDR menu had Crown Grill selections at an additional cost. If you order one of these you will be charged. Believe menus are now available on the cabin TV as well as your smart device. I would suggest for breakfast you go to the special suite breakfast which I believe will be in Sabatini's.

Edited by skynight