Current disembarkation times

Jammy Bun

We're not newbies, so I know the general procedure for disembarkation, but am wondering if disembarkation times have been moved forward so that the crew have a little more time to get deep cleaning done before the next cruise?

We will dock in Tilbury on 12th January 2022, and I need to book a taxi for the 5 hour journey home.  I'm rather hoping that we can stay onboard until about 9am... what do you think?

Just off the Viking Venus this week.

All guests had to be out of cabins at 8:00am. 

And all off ship by 9:30. We had breakfast in World cafe, Then sat in the Viking bar area , which served coffee etc till 9:00. 

We got off at 9,  found  our luggage in the secure area in terminal. Had porter  take luggage to taxi stand and off to our hotel in Barcelona.  

You should be fine leaving at 9 am. 

Have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jammy Bun said:

We're not newbies, so I know the general procedure for disembarkation, but am wondering if disembarkation times have been moved forward so that the crew have a little more time to get deep cleaning done before the next cruise?

We will dock in Tilbury on 12th January 2022, and I need to book a taxi for the 5 hour journey home.  I'm rather hoping that we can stay onboard until about 9am... what do you think?

In Iceland we had to be out of our rooms at 8 am (and housekeeping kept checking as we were close).  We then lingered in the very empty living room until about 8:45 am.  I think we were about the last ones to pick up our luggage in the hold.

• Like 2

On the other end of the time spectrum Viking accommodates early flights as well. We had a 6:50 am flight from Barcelona and our group left the ship at 3:45 am. Room service breakfast was available and Viking had coffee and pastries on hand while we waited in the atrium fo leave the ship. Viking did a great job. But it was so early that the only ones we saw in the airport were the cleaners. Check-in counters didn't open until about 4:50 am. Nevertheless, we all made our early flights and connections and we are thankful for that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, anaco_angler said:

On the other end of the time spectrum Viking accommodates early flights as well. We had a 6:50 am flight from Barcelona.....Check-in counters didn't open until about 4:50 am. 

A good time to note that most European check-ins open 2 hours before flight time.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anaco_angler said:

On the other end of the time spectrum Viking accommodates early flights as well. We had a 6:50 am flight from Barcelona and our group left the ship at 3:45 am. Room service breakfast was available and Viking had coffee and pastries on hand while we waited in the atrium fo leave the ship. Viking did a great job. But it was so early that the only ones we saw in the airport were the cleaners. Check-in counters didn't open until about 4:50 am. Nevertheless, we all made our early flights and connections and we are thankful for that.

Same for us in 2019 when we left San Juan.  Up at 3 AM and Viking had room service available and coffee/pastries on the 1st level for that early trip to the airport at 4:00 AM.  It was all quite erie.  I thought they were nuts having us go so early, but we got to the airport and it was absolutely a madhouse!!   So at least we weren't too stressed about it.

9 hours ago, Jammy Bun said:

Thank you both!  I can now make pick-up arrangements with more confidence - I didn't fancy hanging around on a British wind-swept dock for longer than we have to.  

Especially Tilbury, not the most scenic of cruise terminals.😞 We were stuck there for about 7 hrs prior to a CMV cruise, when the ship was delayed by a North Sea storm. Not fun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Especially Tilbury, not the most scenic of cruise terminals.😞 We were stuck there for about 7 hrs prior to a CMV cruise, when the ship was delayed by a North Sea storm. Not fun.

I had arranged with special permission, to bring on board 12 friends for Lunch on Silver Wind at Tower Bridge to celebrate my 60th. Strong winds caused the cruise to terminate and restart back from Tilbury, so it was a mad scramble to rearrange transport and we ended with a not so good back drop, instead of sitting on the open veranda with fantastic views of Tower Bridge and Tower of London. We still had a fantastic day fortunately and Silversea earned two bookings from friends I'd invited. I've not been on a Silversea ship since - though still have 3 in the pipeline, which have been constantly pushed back.

The Viking booking I made a month ago, is a Tilbury starter in January. Luckily I'm only a 35 minute Taxi fare away. I actually hope I don't get to sail on this and able to rebook a year on - as it will mean my SIlversea Panama in a similar time slot, is actually sailing with me on it. (There were 8 countries on the red list - now down to 3!) we live in hope!

• Like 1