Testing 2 days before

Bfsroyal

I am travelling for a cruise in Miami in November. We don’t arrive into Miami late on Saturday evening. We have a 1 hr connection on the way - which may mean an arrival on Sunday, and the cruise departing on Monday.

We had thought about ordering tests for delivery to the hotel - but were worried that may not be full proof plan should the package not arrive on time or be misplaced by the hotel. That is our back up plan and should that not happen then a physical test on Sunday in Miami with a private provider.

We can be tested at 4am in Dublin Airport on Saturday prior to our flight which would give us the ability to make use of one test to cover entry to the USA and the cruise - our preferred option as saves all the worry later.

I have seen that testing any time on Saturday for a Monday cruise is fine. Do they care about the time difference in that actually this would be Friday in Miami and really almost close to 66hrs?

I  am planning a cruise out of Miami and with the two-day window for testing I may schedule at a CVS near my hotel OR just use the testing available at the airport upon arrival.  When I checked the airport's website, there were two testing locations.

My cruise isn't for several months, so I haven't nailed everything down yet as requirements can change by then.

See if the airport testing at the Miami airport will work for you.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Bfsroyal said:

Do they care about the time difference in that actually this would be Friday in Miami and really almost close to 66hrs?

As long as the test shows anytime Saturday, the port workers are not going to see/know it was a different time zone and should be fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bfsroyal said:

I am travelling for a cruise in Miami in November. We don’t arrive into Miami late on Saturday evening. We have a 1 hr connection on the way - which may mean an arrival on Sunday, and the cruise departing on Monday.

We had thought about ordering tests for delivery to the hotel - but were worried that may not be full proof plan should the package not arrive on time or be misplaced by the hotel. That is our back up plan and should that not happen then a physical test on Sunday in Miami with a private provider.

We can be tested at 4am in Dublin Airport on Saturday prior to our flight which would give us the ability to make use of one test to cover entry to the USA and the cruise - our preferred option as saves all the worry later.

I have seen that testing any time on Saturday for a Monday cruise is fine. Do they care about the time difference in that actually this would be Friday in Miami and really almost close to 66hrs?

If you order the test kits, they will ship to you very fast. Carry them in your carryon luggage.  Take the test on Sunday or even Monday morning.  The video med staff is available 24/7. 

I see you are in London.  I am assuming that you can have the test kits shipped to London? 

Keep in mind that some private providers (Miami) will not be open for business on a Sunday. 

Finding a place to give you the correct test and then getting the test done and all of the stress/time involved in doing so:  = an avoidable hassle if you can ship the test kits to London. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

As long as the test shows anytime Saturday, the port workers are not going to see/know it was a different time zone and should be fine.

I agree with this -- as long as the date and time indicate Saturday, nobody is going to notice/care.

• Thanks 1

Here is a handy guide on what days you can take your test. Day 2, 1, 0 are all acceptable for all vaccinated guests 12 and up.

I would opt for the eMED binaxnow tests you can take whenever you have freetime. 

Also at the Port of Miami there is a Van that does mobile testing. I attached a photo with telephone number , in case you need more info! Good luck and enjoy your trip!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-do-i-figure-out-when-to-get-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

image.thumb.png.e74cd6824c5f54d59948865812520373.png

PXL_20210927_163424387.jpg

9 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I  am planning a cruise out of Miami and with the two-day window for testing I may schedule at a CVS near my hotel OR just use the testing available at the airport upon arrival.  When I checked the airport's website, there were two testing locations.

My cruise isn't for several months, so I haven't nailed everything down yet as requirements can change by then.

See if the airport testing at the Miami airport will work for you.

Enjoy your cruise.

i contacted the company offering the airport testing.  they told me the tests are for passengers departing the airport, and not just arriving for a cruise.  Ive made other arrangements.

Stressing out.... We have been cruising almost 30 years. Ordered the at home tests for Covid and afraid to touch them. We are scheduled to board at 12pm this Saturday. If we take this test before noon tomorrow, does it make it invalid? Do they look at the time stamp?

Edited by coaster

2 minutes ago, coaster said:

We are scheduled to board at 12pm this Saturday. If we take this test before noon tomorrow, does it make it invalid?

The required timeframe is two days before the cruise, not 48 hours - you can test anytime tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I'm going on a black friday cruise, the day after Thanksgiving. I'm just guessing everything will be closed Thanksgiving. So I'm going to go to the local CVS for the Antigen test on Wednesday. I'm afraid I won't get the results if it is 2 days for the PCR test. Especially with a holiday in the mix. 

Fingers crossed it all goes well. 

22 hours ago, willing292 said:

i contacted the company offering the airport testing.  they told me the tests are for passengers departing the airport, and not just arriving for a cruise.  Ive made other arrangements.

Hello I called Miami Airport and they said nothing about testing Outbound passengers only .... may I ask what other arrangements you made .... we are in the same boat .... Flying in on Thursday and sailing on Sunday

Thank You

We tested at a CVS in Rockledge, FL (near Cocoa Beach) before our Mariner cruise last week.  Took the test on Saturday at 11 a.m. and got the results within an hour and half.  

I did screw up and got to the site with no reservation (my wife had one).  I made another one on the phone.  When I got back to our hotel, i figured out that I was scheduled at the right time but selected a different location.  

I had four or so of the BinaxNow tests, so I did one of those.  Results were to me in less than half an hour.

One of the Miami Airport Covid Testing sight is for Anyone and its open 24 hrs / 7 days a week and it is a walk in..  It doesn’t have to be because you’re taking  an outbound flight.  I confirmed it can be for cruise passengers and basically she said anybody.  They have same day Antigen test and was informed you received the test results in 15 minutes.  Here is there website link (FamilyRehab/Communitel) and phone # 1- 305-869-1161.

https://covidtestmiamiairport.com

They are located on terminal E.  There is also a Miami International Hotel in Terminal D.  Its good for 1 night stay (it’s ok) but it makes it convenient for testing to stay there the night.  The 2 locations are close to each other.  You can also pre-register your information ahead of time at the covid testing link above,    

Regarding the proctored test, I had an acquaintance tell me she initially attempted to do the test using her smartphone and it wouldn’t work (?). She didn’t elaborate. She said they then used a computer to complete the test and it went smoothly. Has anyone heard/read of any problems when doing the test on your phone as opposed to a computer?…Thanks…

11 hours ago, IndyCapt said:

Regarding the proctored test, I had an acquaintance tell me she initially attempted to do the test using her smartphone and it wouldn’t work (?). She didn’t elaborate. She said they then used a computer to complete the test and it went smoothly. Has anyone heard/read of any problems when doing the test on your phone as opposed to a computer?…Thanks…

Used my android phone the first cruise we did. 2nd cruise we used a laptop with camera.

All depends on your comfort level with APPS and phones vs Using a website and laptop. Both work extremely well.

• Like 1

You should have a backup plan.  The Emed ones work, but keep in mind that they are not foolproof.  I ordered mine and took the test.  It came out inconclusive for some reason, but fortunately, I had an appointment at CVS as a backup plan.  The CVS one was easy and simple and I got verbal confirmation I was negative about 30 minutes after I took the test from the guy and got official text results about an hour later.

Ironically, Emed sent me another test as compensation.  Hopefully, it will still be good for my cruise in December.