MSC Cabin Categories Changing.

Stockjock

35 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I feel like if they are going to keep the experiences, then they really need to simplify what is included in each. I think the selling point for Aurea is going to be the special deck space on the newer ships where you don't have to compete for a lounge chair. The area on Divina was not very appealing (at all), but it looks nice on the newer builds. It's a bit like the NCL model where you can purchase Vibe passes. I think there is a market for this amenity.

On the Seaside class the Aurea sun deck and bar are Great, sadly on Meraviglia it is a poor relation with no bar, in fact the one on Divina is much better.

The World class ships have a number of new categories of cabins and it would have been better to have kept this class separate from the rest in terms of bookings, with the advent of the YC smaller ships the cabin list will no doubt increase.

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Well, he also got rid of the top feeders with the constant ..for your convenience...fees and reductions.  Last time we sailed NCL was 2018.  The prices are high for suites and not going to pay.  We did cave for the Prima TA though as I felt for the number of days and ports it was reasonable.

We are totally with you on this.  Seems like They double the cruise fares each year.  Haven is outrageous.

We sail NCL to Alaska usually every  year.

wait until 3–4 weeks before end o f season. 
grab GTY balcony cabin . We do not need airfare so, it is easy to do last minute.

Funny, We also caved on the Prima, doing 14 day Iceland 2023. 😆

Getting packed now for our Meraviglia YC.

We will enjoy your “ old” cabin .😉

6 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

....I think the selling point for Aurea is going to be the special deck space on the newer ships where you don't have to compete for a lounge chair....

On Virtuosa, their newest ship, that area is absolutely awful.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JezzaC said:

Any information if this change applies also to existing bookings or only new ones? I have booking for Grandiosa in old category O3 and expect getting the Aurea benefits mentioned in the confirmation.

what is O3 ? 

19 hours ago, sidari said:

On the Seaside class the Aurea sun deck and bar are Great, sadly on Meraviglia it is a poor relation with no bar, in fact the one on Divina is much better.

14 hours ago, hamrag said:

On Virtuosa, their newest ship, that area is absolutely awful.

What a shame. I thought MSC was headed in an interesting direction with Aurea based on the Seaside.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

What a shame. I thought MSC was headed in an interesting direction with Aurea based on the Seaside.

Based on Seaside class only sadly, still waiting to see where it will be placed on the Europa.

3 hours ago, JezzaC said:

Any information if this change applies also to existing bookings or only new ones? I have booking for Grandiosa in old category O3 and expect getting the Aurea benefits mentioned in the confirmation.

We have booked Aurea on Magnifica in Feb and our TA has assured us that we will get the current benefits. I have printed off screenshots of our booking just in case!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, phissy said:

We are totally with you on this.  Seems like They double the cruise fares each year.  Haven is outrageous.

We sail NCL to Alaska usually every  year.

wait until 3–4 weeks before end o f season. 
grab GTY balcony cabin . We do not need airfare so, it is easy to do last minute.

Funny, We also caved on the Prima, doing 14 day Iceland 2023. 😆

Getting packed now for our Meraviglia YC.

We will enjoy your “ old” cabin .😉

Have fun.  You should have Rakeesh and Pravin (sp) but pronounced Pra Veen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I don’t understand the confusion around Bella, Fantastica and Aurea.   Celebrity has Concierge, Aqua and other categories that come with differing offerings.  

Indeed, it all seems straightforward enough to me also!

13 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I don’t understand the confusion around Bella, Fantastica and Aurea.   Celebrity has Concierge, Aqua and other categories that come with differing offerings.  

Bea ... As you know there are currently 4 Experiences and in each one 3/4 cabin types. Inside, Outside Balcony, and Suites.

In the new system there are still the 4 Experiences, but there are now 7 levels of Inside, 13 levels of Outside/Ocean View, 17 levels of Balcony and 16 levels of Aurea suites and 8 levels of YC cabins. 

Is there really a need for so many ? or is this just another brought in from other cruise lines system to Americanise MSC ! Very soon MSC will be just like the rest but with the still poor customer service.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, sidari said:

Bea ... As you know there are currently 4 Experiences and in each one 3/4 cabin types. Inside, Outside Balcony, and Suites.

In the new system there are still the 4 Experiences, but there are now 7 levels of Inside, 13 levels of Outside/Ocean View, 17 levels of Balcony and 16 levels of Aurea suites and 8 levels of YC cabins. 

Is there really a need for so many ? or is this just another brought in from other cruise lines system to Americanise MSC ! Very soon MSC will be just like the rest but with the still poor customer service.

They hired at least one VP level from NCL around three years ago.  Surprised we have not seen less for more by now.  But maybe Miami has little voice just like customers have no voice with Miami.

18 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I think the big difference between Celebrity and MSC categories is that with MSC you MUST pick an experience regardless of entry level. On Celebrity (and other lines) about 80% of the cabins come standard (only location is different). It's not until you get to the upper levels do  you need to select experiences (aqua, haven, etc..).

If MSC eliminated  bella and fantastica categories and charged those based solely on location (mid-ship, aft, deck), they would also eliminate the new-to-MSC confusion and streamline the process. I suspect that might be the end result here, but who knows with MSC.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Yes, the cabin Experiences are staying but with changes. Take a look at the new features in the chart below.

Bret

B2B_PROMO_21-142-Experiences-Grid_en_US.pdf 948.78 kB · 25 downloads

Those are applied to new bookings I assume? Since existing Aurea bookings have better inclusion.

Edited by JezzaC
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

The Director of Sales just said that all Bella experience cabins will be guarantees for bookings Nov 15th onward. Also, the Aurea experience is taking away the drink package and spa benefits.

Bret

Spa access still in Aurea but No Massage and No Drink package = Another Downgrade

• Like 1