“Suite!” Just Retired to be a pirate at sea with Sea Dog and Polly The Pirate Semi Live Explorer Nov. 7th

Sea Dog

JMKlade and BobMacLiberty, thanks for your input on Cosol Tours in St. Lucia. I'm sure there are other good tours, but for me doing it twice, I would be willing to pay MORE money than ask, as it is so worth to us, every penny. I unfortunately cannot tell you who our guide was, but both times, they were great. As for seeing Cosol's house, whether it is his or not would be nice. What (if you remember) is the difference or extra charge for this? I have been in touch with Cosol Tours just recently, and they did say that it is possible we may have to do RCL, which I'm hoping we will not, but time will tell. Actually on our January 9th roll call when I mentioned (if the people did not have something planned) Cosol Tours (NO, I do not get anything for it, but when I'm happy with something, I want to let other's know), there were several that signed up to do the tour like us, so time will tell if we will be able to do it or not.

SeaDog, I just want to thank you for your great review and I just finished going through 29 pages, and especially the many pictures you share, bringing back many memories that I hope to be doing in January with the rest of my family. 🙂 When I go on FB and post pictures, some more than other times, I feel like maybe some people think I'm bragging, but these are MY memories that I'm making and posting. I have also had many people tell me NOT to worry of what other people say, as they are not able to get out like me even though I am "over" 70, and feel like they are going along for the ride (sort of like me going on the ride with your review 🙂 ) with me.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, beshears said:

What (if you remember) is the difference or extra charge for this?

I don't remember but I think it was about $25 per person as a total extra cost of $100 is sticking in my head.  There were 4 of us and we had a van and driver to ourselves.  I remember that it was spelled out on their web site on the page where they described their various tours.  Now, it looks like they only list one tour with no mention of a private tour.  Maybe they don't do it anymore??

10 hours ago, beshears said:

When I go on FB and post pictures, some more than other times, I feel like maybe some people think I'm bragging, but these are MY memories that I'm making and posting. I have also had many people tell me NOT to worry of what other people say, as they are not able to get out like me even though I am "over" 70, and feel like they are going along for the ride (sort of like me going on the ride with your review 🙂 ) with me.

I am like you. I pride myself on being humble and staying low key. It's why I don't post much on the other social media sites.

My purpose on doing this here is three fold. One, promote Royal Caribbean as a brand and to highlight ships, ports, excursions, great food and things to do on board.

Two, serve as source for information for Cruise Critic. I've learned so much on this board. If someone is thinking about booking this ship and itinerary, it helps to hear it from someone who has booked it.

Three to be a record of my cruise. I sometimes can't remember what I did yesterday. By documenting my cruise it helps me remember details that I may end forgetting. It keeps my cruise fresh and alive.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Chauncey Picklepants said:

If Royal Caribbean hasn’t contacted you to be an influencer yet, they’re crazy. 

I am very interested in doing this. Not sure how to go about it. Hopefully if I can produce enough contact they will find me.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, beshears said:

SeaDog, I just want to thank you for your great review and I just finished going through 29 pages, and especially the many pictures you share, bringing back many memories that I hope to be doing in January with the rest of my family. 🙂 When I go on FB and post pictures, some more than other times, I feel like maybe some people think I'm bragging, but these are MY memories that I'm making and posting. I have also had many people tell me NOT to worry of what other people say, as they are not able to get out like me even though I am "over" 70, and feel like they are going along for the ride (sort of like me going on the ride with your review 🙂 ) with me.

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I am like you. I pride myself on being humble and staying low key. It's why I don't post much on the other social media sites.

My purpose on doing this here is three fold. One, promote Royal Caribbean as a brand and to highlight ships, ports, excursions, great food and things to do on board.

Two, serve as source for information for Cruise Critic. I've learned so much on this board. If someone is thinking about booking this ship and itinerary, it helps to hear it from someone who has booked it.

Three to be a record of my cruise. I sometimes can't remember what I did yesterday. By documenting my cruise it helps me remember details that I may end forgetting. It keeps my cruise fresh and alive.

FB_IMG_1636976939688.jpg.9585052926688702c3b7345cdee85e87.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Great attitude Greg.

Your thread was informative and very helpful.

Graham.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, beshears said:

JMKlade and BobMacLiberty, thanks for your input on Cosol Tours in St. Lucia. I'm sure there are other good tours, but for me doing it twice, I would be willing to pay MORE money than ask, as it is so worth to us, every penny. I unfortunately cannot tell you who our guide was, but both times, they were great. As for seeing Cosol's house, whether it is his or not would be nice. What (if you remember) is the difference or extra charge for this? I have been in touch with Cosol Tours just recently, and they did say that it is possible we may have to do RCL, which I'm hoping we will not, but time will tell. Actually on our January 9th roll call when I mentioned (if the people did not have something planned) Cosol Tours (NO, I do not get anything for it, but when I'm happy with something, I want to let other's know), there were several that signed up to do the tour like us, so time will tell if we will be able to do it or not.

We stopped at a "house" on the tour too for some food and drink.  I am not sure whose house it was.  We travelled in a party of vans with one van being dedicated to beverages for every stop.  It wasn't a private tour, but it was a blast!

OceanBoy, thank you for your "cheer up" cutie. 🙂 Yes, when we did the St. Lucia tours with Cosol, we were in a very nice van, and sometimes there would be other vans close by when we arrived or departed that I believe were with Cosol too. I think is is good, for just in case, if something happens, there is always someone else to HELP out! There are 8 of us, so we just may take up the WHOLE van. 🙂 

SeaDog (Greg) I agree. I have "learned" so much from being on Cruise Critic, and just want to help others, "if??" I know the answers. 🙂 I know my cruise reports are nothing like yours, but at least when someone reads them, they can get an "idea" of the ship and ports, and hopefully I will be able to do it again in January. 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, beshears said:

OceanBoy, thank you for your "cheer up" cutie. 🙂 Yes, when we did the St. Lucia tours with Cosol, we were in a very nice van, and sometimes there would be other vans close by when we arrived or departed that I believe were with Cosol too. I think is is good, for just in case, if something happens, there is always someone else to HELP out! There are 8 of us, so we just may take up the WHOLE van. 🙂 

SeaDog (Greg) I agree. I have "learned" so much from being on Cruise Critic, and just want to help others, "if??" I know the answers. 🙂 I know my cruise reports are nothing like yours, but at least when someone reads them, they can get an "idea" of the ship and ports, and hopefully I will be able to do it again in January. 🙂

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you!

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

• Like 1

jmklade, it just dawned on me what you said. Yes, we did the same thing on the two tours we did through Cosol, of stopping just before we got back to the cruise ship at that house, and he picked up some nice "warm" bread that I believe had cheese on it 🙂, and by the time we got back to port, I believe everyone had whiffed it down, as it was so good! I had already shared some of the info with one of my sons and wife, and just did the same thing with another son and wife today that we might NOT be able to do Cosol tour, but I'll make sure one way or another we DO get to see St. Lucia, as that was the purpose of this trip, as most everyone had been to the other ports except Ana, which this will be a NEW experience for her, as she has never cruised, or been to any of these ports.

Greg, I believe you mentioned about a special deal of eating at some of the specialty restaurants, and my son brought that up today, as thinking it was a good deal, and I told him I thought you had done this too.🙂

17 minutes ago, catcruizer said:

I was so glad to see your review since we will be doing this cruise in January! When did Southwest finally show up in KC? Was wondering how early we needed to show up at the airport for that 6 am flight.

Southwest has been at KCI for a long time. Looking forward to jet Blue who will start flights in March of 2022. Our flight was at 6am also. I always backtime in that I want to be a the gate sitting 1 hour before boarding (That's just me) I allow 30 minutes (which is padded) to check in, bags checked and go through TSA.

Depending on how much you want to pay to park, we always go to long term "Economy" parking which is $7.50/day. You will park and wait for a bus to take you to the terminal. I always allow for 20 minutes. In our case we always drive to the terminal drop off bags and while someone waits with the bags the other parks and rides the bus back since it's easier than lugging all your bags on a bus. So we live about 35 minutes from the airport so we left the house at 3am.

Keep in mind with the new terminal being constructed the roads around the terminal are kind of confusion. You need to pay attention to the signs as the traffic patterns have changed. I hope this helps you.

• Like 1

We've flown out of KCI many times, but have been using Joplin recently since it's closer. We usually get to the airport an hour early, but I thought it interesting when you mentioned that there wasn't anyone at SW when you first arrived. We will probably stay near the airport and use a shuttle since we a two-hour drive. I forgot about the airport construction, so glad we're planning on the shuttle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

715 to reserve.  They are seating starting at 645 though once they determine who and how many folks didn’t show up for early dining.

Thanks for taking the time to check.  The reason I asked is we are doing a B2B on the Explorer March 2022. Shortly after booking the cruises I was able to make reservations for MTD in our CP for all 14 nights for 6:00 PM. Things that make you say, Hmm. Once we board we'll go and check to see if there has been any changes from your cruise or ones closer to our sail date. 🍷

Edited by davekathy

• 2 weeks later...

Seadog, you advised Catcruizer correctly! It has been a couple years since I have flown, and I know there is a lot of construction going on as you said, so that is something for a person to take into consideration as well. Even though we live about 15 minutes away, I always (unless it is through the night) try to give myself 2 hours leave-way.  After all, sometimes the flight schedule changes at the last minute, so that is one thing I always check on when arriving at the airport.

I did have a question about The Explorer of the Seas ship. Is all the information about what is going on each day on an app, or do they still put the flyers in your room? Believe it or not, some people like my husband and friend have ONLY flip phones. 🙂