Vaccine requirement extended indefinitely

pbenjamin

Good & thumbs up.  We understood that NCLH is doing this with their bottom line revenue and profits in mind but also the health, safety & well-beings of their crews and ship passengers.  We too, were eligible & fit the regs, completed our 3rd Pfizer shots (and seasonal flu shot) as booster.  

On a side note, even with NY's Excelsior Pass Plus (digital format) system - it has yet to catch up on booster/3rd shot info, which "might" and should be useful & helpful for the travel and hospitality sector to verify/confirm vaccination compliance (I.T. developers are aware & likely working on updates to the app ... and similar ones used in a # of other states ... not a national standard)   Hold on to those US-CDC approved cards with the vax info.  It isn't easy to keep track of it all.  

Whether one likes it or not, agree to disagree, but it isn't business as usual and as pre-Covid anymore ... Starting today in NY, children ages 5 to 11 are able to get vaccinated - pharmacies, clinics and POS will be busier than lately ... walk-ins & next day appointments were available all around us, unlike 7 or 8 months ago.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Good & thumbs up.  We understood that NCLH is doing this with their bottom line revenue and profits in mind but also the health, safety & well-beings of their crews and ship passengers.  We too, were eligible & fit the regs, completed our 3rd Pfizer shots (and seasonal flu shot) as booster.  

On a side note, even with NY's Excelsior Pass Plus (digital format) system - it has yet to catch up on booster/3rd shot info, which "might" and should be useful & helpful for the travel and hospitality sector to verify/confirm vaccination compliance (I.T. developers are aware & likely working on updates to the app ... and similar ones used in a # of other states ... not a national standard)   Hold on to those US-CDC approved cards with the vax info.  It isn't easy to keep track of it all.  

Whether one likes it or not, agree to disagree, but it isn't business as usual and as pre-Covid anymore ... Starting today in NY, children ages 5 to 11 are able to get vaccinated - pharmacies, clinics and POS will be busier than lately ... walk-ins & next day appointments were available all around us, unlike 7 or 8 months ago.  

Some of the more paranoid folks might not like this, but I wish there was a nationally accepted electronic version (Excelsior pass is only NY state) that could be used for things like cruising instead of having to carry around that card.

• Like 2

here's the email we got from NCL's subsidiary Sixthman:

We're counting down the days until we welcome you aboard Outlaw Country Cruise 6!

Sixthman and Norwegian Cruise Line continue to be committed providing the safest cruise vacation experience possible.  Guests on all Spring 2022 sailings through April will now be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19.

What does this mean for you on your upcoming 2022 sailing with Sixthman?
  • ALL guests, artists, and crew on Sixthman sailings taking place February 16-April 14, 2022 will be required to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to embarking on our events
  • Please refer to ncl.com/sail-safe for the most up to date information on proof of vaccination and types of vaccines accepted. Voyage dates requiring vaccines at ncl.com/sail-safe may differ from your vacation dates, but Norwegian Cruise Line will require this vaccine policy for all our events this Spring.

• Minors who meet the eligibility requirements set by FDA/WHO and who have been fully vaccinated are welcome to sail.

• Antigen testing will be required in the terminal at check-in (administered by Norwegian Cruise Line at no cost). PCR tests within 96 hours of arriving at the terminal are strongly recommended but not required on your event at this time.

Currently booked guests on Outlaw Country Cruise who either cannot or choose not to be vaccinated by their sailing date for any reason now have the option to request a Future Event Credit or a full refund, at their discretion as this event went on sale prior to 2021 Vaccine requirements and before we were able to make most guests aware that an extension into 2022 was a possibility.
  • Like 1

Some of the more paranoid folks might not like this, but I wish there was a nationally accepted electronic version (Excelsior pass is only NY state) that could be used for things like cruising instead of having to carry around that card>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CLEAR  you download the app and pay for it.  You finish  your sign up at the airport.  If you have an Amex card, there is an offer that they pay for it.  Mine paid for both my membership and my husband's.
We just used it in Vegas to get into Park MGM to see Lady Gaga. 
We also have the excelsior pass, but CLEAR is what gets you into nearly every major event like football, concerts etc.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:22 PM, psac said:

Some of the more paranoid folks might not like this, but I wish there was a nationally accepted electronic version (Excelsior pass is only NY state) that could be used for things like cruising instead of having to carry around that card.

Yes, we must get all our “papers” in electronic form to make it easier to present on demand. 

On 11/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, MaryZ said:

Some of the more paranoid folks might not like this, but I wish there was a nationally accepted electronic version (Excelsior pass is only NY state) that could be used for things like cruising instead of having to carry around that card

I wish there were one as well.  Especially for foreign travel -- it would be good to have something digital that was standardized across the country and thus could be readily accepted internationally.  

There is an enhanced Excelsior Pass Plus version available since early August (DW and I "upgraded" ours to it) with expanded vaccination info, that is being adapted & compatible

"with the globally recognized SMART Health Cards Framework developed by VCI. VCI is a coalition of 570 public and private organizations including major health networks and Microsoft.

The new pass will also include partnership with VeriFLY that will allow for verified vaccination credentials to be uploaded through the application to fly with American Airlines internationally to Greece, France, Spain, Italy, the Bahamas, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, and Puerto Rico." 

The digital pass is gaining and expected to grow its acceptance as one of the "tools" for the traveling public.  Of course, IMHO herein - there will be opposition and challenges ahead - abroad and I am afraid, domestically within the 50 states against an universal template to prove & verify compliance electronically vs. waiving a paper card.  

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/excelsior-pass-plus-to-be-recognized-out-of-state-internationally/71-434f8c6f-cbac-4d61-a732-ac0e0769efa3

https://www.wivb.com/news/new-york/new-excelsior-pass-plus-makes-it-easier-to-travel-outside-ny/

Citizens and residents of other countries abroad do not seem to have issues about efforts and measures to make it "easier" to show digital proof of vaccination & testing negative ... afterall, those QR and/or bar codes are here to stay.  Now, I just have to choose whether to "trust" Apple or Google -  on where to store our smart "codes" for show & tell when traveling.  Cheers, my two cents.  

Be well, happy, safe & healthy travel ... and/or enjoy those staycations. 

• Like 1

HI all,

i`m gonna ask this question here cause i don`t want to open a new topic for that.

Which vaccination combinations are allowed/accepted and which are not?

Currently i got my shot with J&J in July and the german authorities are suggesting to get a booster shot with e.g. Biontec/Pfizer for all people that got J&J during the last 6 months.

Will NCL accept this combination ? I mean, it is actually not a combined vaccination,it is more a booster shot. Cause the J&J shot itself would qualify as fully vaccinated already.

Unfortunately NCL always automatically transfers me to the german homepage version. And there is a lot of explanation but it seems the translation into german is not perfect or at least misleading regarding the allowed/accepted combinations.

thanks in advance for any help.

1 hour ago, CruiseMH said:

HI all,

i`m gonna ask this question here cause i don`t want to open a new topic for that.

Currently i got my shot with J&J in July and the german authorities are suggesting to get a booster shot with e.g. Biontec/Pfizer for all people that got J&J during the last 6 months.

Will NCL accept this combination ? I mean, it is actually not a combined vaccination,it is more a booster shot. Cause the J&J shot itself would qualify as fully vaccinated already.

Unfortunately NCL always automatically transfers me to the german homepage version. And there is a lot of explanation but it seems the translation into german is not perfect or at least misleading regarding the allowed/accepted combinations.

image.png.7486e32ac6b4e26bfcf8fa9e65e16030.png

1 hour ago, CruiseMH said:

HI all,

I contacted NCL last week to ask the same question regarding a mixed booster and they directed me to check the sail safe page, which does not mention anything about booster shots. 

The boosters being offered in the UK are Pfizer

Reading the wording, being fully vaccinated with my two doses of AZ should suffice but I think Ill wait till after our cruise before getting the Pfizer booster in case it causes some confusion.

8 minutes ago, redlock said:

I think Ill wait till after our cruise before getting the Pfizer booster in case it causes some confusion.

Ask your doctor.  I believe that the way the Pfizer vaccines work present no risk of false positives (I was told this by an RN who knows stuff, not folks like us on the internet that don't....)

• Like 1