RAPID ANTIGEN TEST NEAR PIER AND AIRPORT FT. LAUDERDALE SEE BELOW 2 LOCATIONS

rabin1

Just a quick note to confirm that I did get my Rapid Antigen test at the FLL airport when I flew in on October 27th for my cruise on October 29th.  I had an appt for 1:30 but arrived at 1 pm and they took me right away.  They did not ask for my boarding pass or proof of flight in or out of FLL, but I had already filled that info out on-line when I made my appt, so maybe that's why.  They would not print out my results; they only text and e-mail the info to you, just fyi, and I had my results in about 15 minutes.  I printed out my results at the hotel so I would have a "hard copy" as I was nervous about just having it on my phone.  Also, you must pay $59 for the test.  I did not ask for a receipt to submit to my insurance, so I'm not sure if they ever provide a receipt.  Hope this helps anyone flying into Fort Lauderdale for a cruise.

• Thanks 1

To be honest, we are older and had a LOT of luggage as we were going on a b2b for 3 weeks...so we had a car service meet us and stay with us for a few stops.  If we didn't have a lot of luggage, we would have walked, but I'm sorry, I can't tell you exactly how far it is.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 6:19 AM, alex_drew said:

To be honest, we are older and had a LOT of luggage as we were going on a b2b for 3 weeks...so we had a car service meet us and stay with us for a few stops.  If we didn't have a lot of luggage, we would have walked, but I'm sorry, I can't tell you exactly how far it is.

As I mentioned in the previos post, not all people feel like walking a long distance. Some even dont care much luggage with them as nobody wants to have an extra weight on them while travelling. In any case, I hope you guys are doing alright. Happy Thanksgiving! 

9 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

As I mentioned in the previos post, not all people feel like walking a long distance. Some even dont care much luggage with them as nobody wants to have an extra weight on them while travelling. In any case, I hope you guys are doing alright. Happy Thanksgiving! 

Don’t they have a shuttle bus between terminals?  

On 11/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, electricguy said:

Thanks for the update.  This is our plan for January.  Do you know if terminal 3 is an easy walk from terminal 1?

On 11/22/2021 at 9:27 AM, capriccio said:

It's a little less than 1/2 mile according to Google Maps.

I couldn't remember if I've ever seen shuttles between terminals so I looked it up on the airport's website (https://www.broward.org/airport/Passengers/Transportation/Pages/default.aspx).

This is the graphic that, I presume, appears in each terminal and  lists shuttles to other terminals.  I would do what is recommended at the bottom of the graphic:  For Information Proceed to Ground Transportation Counter in the Baggage Claim.

Groundtransportationsign2017.jpg

For those staying near 17th st Ft Lauderdale, I have located Instant Medical Care, practically next door to Embassy Suites (1328 SE 17th st). They are open until 6pm, no appointment needed and the Rapid Antigen test is $60, with results in 15minutes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

As sun&sea said. it is across the street from Embassy Suites next to Panera Bread. Its called Lab Doctor. Watch the link from Don the Cruiser.

Two different places. Instant Medical and Lab Doctor are two different places.

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2021 at 5:43 PM, rabin1 said:

HI

I live here in Ft. Lauderdale and I decided to see if I could find a place besides CVS to get quick tests for you guys. I did find and here is the info

1. they have two locations within 7 to 10 minutes of the port they are Ft Lauderdale and Davie

2. they do drive up usually no wait so I guess you could go in a cab 

3. they also make appointments

4. results in 30 minutes.

5. all great reviews I looked them up as well

6. Cost is $85 will not take insurance will give receipt for you to file with your carrier

7. Name of company is Synergy DX. I called them very very nice .

I am going to use them In there Ft. Lauderdale location

Good luck with the testing for everyone

Kathy

Hi Kathy

Do you have an email address for Synergy DX in Fort Lauderdale.   We're due to fly in on 18 April, from UK, but I would like to ensure that they would be able to accommodate us (we're a group of 5).   We;re staying at Embassy suites, and I know we'd need to get a taxi there and back.

Thanks for your help on this

3 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi Kathy

Do you have an email address for Synergy DX in Fort Lauderdale.   We're due to fly in on 18 April, from UK, but I would like to ensure that they would be able to accommodate us (we're a group of 5).   We;re staying at Embassy suites, and I know we'd need to get a taxi there and back.

Thanks for your help on this

Hi

the email is info@synergydx.com. 

I called Diana and she said no problem on 5 people just make the appointments.........Enjoy your cruise I am leaving next Saturday.

For the rest of you I don;t know why you are fiddling around with other companies. As I said in my original posts that were meant for Princess and the moderator moved it to Florida departures. I spent hours doing the research for you people and you don;t seem to be paying attention and are listening to these people that don;t even live in Ft. Lauderdale. I do and I know these tests are good. I am getting mine Friday. I hope for those not paying attention you get the test you need without a hassle.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Hi

the email is info@synergydx.com. 

I called Diana and she said no problem on 5 people just make the appointments.........Enjoy your cruise I am leaving next Saturday.

For the rest of you I don;t know why you are fiddling around with other companies. As I said in my original posts that were meant for Princess and the moderator moved it to Florida departures. I spent hours doing the research for you people and you don;t seem to be paying attention and are listening to these people that don;t even live in Ft. Lauderdale. I do and I know these tests are good. I am getting mine Friday. I hope for those not paying attention you get the test you need without a hassle.

Thanks Kathy.  

I had asked about testing on our roll call, and I was being told to go to CVS, but then I was hearing that in some areas CVS were cancelling appointments on the day people had been due to go without any prior warning, and only having one day after we arrive to arrange the test,  I don't want us to be scurrying around Fort Lauderdale, wasting the only day we have in the area trying to find a testing site.   I even thought about getting our flights changed to the following day, which would alleviate our problem, but to drop one day at the hotel, and fly in a day later, is going to cost us more!!!     Our friends have never been to the US.     I then found the details for Synergy DX from a web search, and also found this thread in the forum.   

Thank you for the information.    Are you having the Rapid Antigen test done on Friday?  If so, can you report back how long it takes to get your results.  

2 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks Kathy.  

I had asked about testing on our roll call, and I was being told to go to CVS, but then I was hearing that in some areas CVS were cancelling appointments on the day people had been due to go without any prior warning, and only having one day after we arrive to arrange the test,  I don't want us to be scurrying around Fort Lauderdale, wasting the only day we have in the area trying to find a testing site.   I even thought about getting our flights changed to the following day, which would alleviate our problem, but to drop one day at the hotel, and fly in a day later, is going to cost us more!!!     Our friends have never been to the US.     I then found the details for Synergy DX from a web search, and also found this thread in the forum.   

Thank you for the information.    Are you having the Rapid Antigen test done on Friday?  If so, can you report back how long it takes to get your results.  

Hi

It takes 15 minutes. I called them before I posted the info several months ago. I am going to the one on Sunrise Blvd this Friday at 1. The manager name is Diana if you direct your email to her. I even talked to her yesterday to re-confirm my appt. They are also open Saturdays.

There are NO CVS anywhere close to the port that does the Rapid Antigen Tests nor even near me.

That is what made me decide to help not only myself but others. For those that listen to what I said it will be easy for the others I know nothing about any other places mentioned and they could end up on the short end of the stick. If it takes longer than 15 minutes I will post but Diana said that is it. They will also give you a paper saying it was done and send to you phone. So you have it two ways

Kathy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Hi

It takes 15 minutes. I called them before I posted the info several months ago. I am going to the one on Sunrise Blvd this Friday at 1. The manager name is Diana if you direct your email to her. I even talked to her yesterday to re-confirm my appt. They are also open Saturdays.

There are NO CVS anywhere close to the port that does the Rapid Antigen Tests nor even near me.

That is what made me decide to help not only myself but others. For those that listen to what I said it will be easy for the others I know nothing about any other places mentioned and they could end up on the short end of the stick. If it takes longer than 15 minutes I will post but Diana said that is it. They will also give you a paper saying it was done and send to you phone. So you have it two ways

Kathy

Kathy,

Is this the one near the Galleria Mall, and listed as 1021 N Federal Highway?    We are sailing with Royal Caribbean, and I'm sure at present this satisfies the requirements to board the ship.   Keeping fingers crossed, for April, or better still that we don't need to have the test done at all.

Thanks again for your help on this.

2 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Kathy,

Is this the one near the Galleria Mall, and listed as 1021 N Federal Highway?    We are sailing with Royal Caribbean, and I'm sure at present this satisfies the requirements to board the ship.   Keeping fingers crossed, for April, or better still that we don't need to have the test done at all.

Thanks again for your help on this.

Yes it is. They have two locations. Depending on where you are staying that is how I would decide location. I think that location is just a hair closer to me than the other one however both are less than 20 minutes from the port but again depends on where you are staying. When you know where your staying tell me and I will tell you which location is best for you..............

Personally I think they are going to keep this pesky thing thru 2022.

Kathy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Yes it is. They have two locations. Depending on where you are staying that is how I would decide location. I think that location is just a hair closer to me than the other one however both are less than 20 minutes from the port but again depends on where you are staying. When you know where your staying tell me and I will tell you which location is best for you..............

Personally I think they are going to keep this pesky thing thru 2022.

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

We're staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.    Last time we were in Fort Lauderdale, (2016), we took the trolley bus from the shopping area behind the hotel, and I'm sure it went along that way.    We would use a taxi though when we arrive in April, then if our friends want to have a walk around the shops in the area they can.  

Just now, texmex.ferr said:

Hi Kathy,

We're staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street.    Last time we were in Fort Lauderdale, (2016), we took the trolley bus from the shopping area behind the hotel, and I'm sure it went along that way.    We would use a taxi though when we arrive in April, then if our friends want to have a walk around the shops in the area they can.  

You are literally equal distant between both locations about 20 minutes. If you go the one on Federal Hwy the Galleria Mall is across the street and some nice stores there. I would suggest there. As I said that is where I am going. I know Diana is at the other location in Davie but doesn't matter I am sure they are all great. I read some reviews. Uber or Lyft would be cheaper for you than taxi. Taxes here in Lauderdale are usually skunky.............lol

Kathy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

You are literally equal distant between both locations about 20 minutes. If you go the one on Federal Hwy the Galleria Mall is across the street and some nice stores there. I would suggest there. As I said that is where I am going. I know Diana is at the other location in Davie but doesn't matter I am sure they are all great. I read some reviews. Uber or Lyft would be cheaper for you than taxi. Taxes here in Lauderdale are usually skunky.............lol

Kathy

Thanks Kathy,

I look forward to hearing your experience on Friday.    One of my friends uses a wheelchair, so I'm not sure if Uber or Lyft would accommodate for that, I have time to research.    Are you cruising this weekend?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks Kathy,

I look forward to hearing your experience on Friday.    One of my friends uses a wheelchair, so I'm not sure if Uber or Lyft would accommodate for that, I have time to research.    Are you cruising this weekend?

Next Sunday. I think they can accommodate a wheelchair better than a taxi. Remember south Florida has a lot of senior citizens

On 12/12/2021 at 7:38 PM, texmex.ferr said:

Thanks Kathy,

Hi

I had the test today where I told everyone to go. Several things. 

1. the. are located in a strip center very easy to find

2. you knock on the door, give them your ID and appt time and go sit in your car or wait outside whichever you prefer.

3. they come to you to take the test which took less time than driving there from my house. Took them maybe 5 minutes including them loading your id etc

4. it took 20 minutes for them to email the results which was on a very official looking document with codes for the test etc. I printed out a copy and left it on the phone in case.

5. I would definitely suggest making the appt and then filing out the paperwork on their email. I think that is what made it go so fast.

6. I watched as a few other people came and left. The took about the same amount of time

VERY QUICK

I am leaving early Sunday morning so if anyone has questions it will have to wait until I get home in 2 weeks.

Just follow my instructions on the two posts I made about this company

Kathy

• Like 1