Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

If you travel to Seville there are many wonderful  and historic places to see and visit. It’s a historical overload. Today we enjoyed a guided tour of Seville Cathedral. Why guided? We would have walked over Christopher Columbus son’s crypt and had no idea and later that we were looking at Christopher Columbus’s actual crypt and memorial.

The gold gilded altar is the largest in the world.

It’s the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world and third largest cathedral in Europe.

Tomorrow a river cruise more tapas and of course wine. Happy days!

image.thumb.jpeg.73391a373ba3c03910dc339152e79d20.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4c5314ffd63a93f7f75d0fe411cfa933.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4a3efd2ac331fa033b45f7fb09e92a84.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f9959125a1c1dea4eb191c74656cc38d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.56192e5c370615ab3feb235c6a4e081d.jpeg

• Like 7

Enjoy Seville, we certainly did, having lunch at the Terrace cafe with views over the city was a wonderful experience. I am sure you will have visited or planned a visit to the Plaza de Espana its a short walk from the ship. When there the Military museum is worth a visit, we had not planned it but just walked in to have a look.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and look forward to seeing you onboard, or at our unofficial M&G at 17:00 in the card room or after the drill.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187443-d590989-Reviews-Museo_Militar_Regional-Seville_Province_of_Seville_Andalucia.html

• Like 2

For those of you who are onboard at the moment, did you have issues with your OBC not showing previous embarkation? And if yes, were you able to get it corrected onboard? My cruise is at the end of this month and my OBC is not showing. I am hoping to have it fixed it onboard. 
Ivi

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

For those of you who are onboard at the moment, did you have issues with your OBC not showing previous embarkation? And if yes, were you able to get it corrected onboard? My cruise is at the end of this month and my OBC is not showing. I am hoping to have it fixed it onboard. 
Ivi

Yes! Bring your paper documentation. It took many days to get it sorted out, 

• Thanks 1

My OBC from Azamara never showed up on the website but was correct on board and immediately applied to the shore excursions I booked the first day. There was no need to go to the shore excursions desk to do this since an order form was right in the stateroom when we got here. The tickets for those excursions were in hand within 24 hours.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Also on Journey. Went to the wonderful Alcazar yesterday. Tickets booked online before leaving home.   We used their excellent self guided presentation. We used their devices,  but we could have downloaded onto our phones.

This morning I took a short walk to the Plaza America that we saw on our Panoramic Tour yesterday. Saw a wonderful (and free) exhibition in the Museo de Artes featuring modern  costume and fashions with a Spanish flavour plus ceramics, tiles and crafts.   Only a handful of others in this splendid  building unlike yesterday in the Alcazar.

We had a splendid Tapas lunch near the Cathedral yesterday and were serenaded by some of the lovely ‘Tuna’ singers that were our onboard deck entertainers last night.
Weather lovely.  
We have also done the French Chef’s table. First time despite our many previous Azamara cruises. A great time was had by all helped along by excellent food and generous pouring of the excellent paired wines.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Also on Journey. Went to the wonderful Alcazar yesterday. Tickets booked online before leaving home.   We used their excellent self guided presentation. We used their devices,  but we could have downloaded onto our phones.

This morning I took a short walk to the Plaza America that we saw on our Panoramic Tour yesterday. Saw a wonderful (and free) exhibition in the Museo de Artes featuring modern  costume and fashions with a Spanish flavour plus ceramics, tiles and crafts.   Only a handful of others in this splendid  building unlike yesterday in the Alcazar.

We had a splendid Tapas lunch near the Cathedral yesterday and were serenaded by some of the lovely ‘Tuna’ singers that were our onboard deck entertainers last night.
Weather lovely.  
We have also done the French Chef’s table. First time despite our many previous Azamara cruises. A great time was had by all helped along by excellent food and generous pouring of the excellent paired wines.

What officers are onboard?  Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.  

Boarded Onward today in Fusina. Check-in was easy in Venice at Station Maritima. First got our luggage tags and dropped off luggage. Took about ten minutes. After a short wait in the terminal we picked up our cruise cards. Unfortunately, as expected, they didn't show our loyalty level. They said to see Guest Services after boarding as there wasn't anything they could do there. 

We then waited on a line for a bit less than fifteen minutes to go through security before boarding the bus to Fusina. 

The bus ride to the ship took about twenty minutes. Upon arrival we were directed to the Cabaret Lounge to complete check-in. After that, we could go to our cabins. 

Afterwards, I went to Guest Services to have the loyalty level corrected. A lovely representative said we were showing as Adventurer (me) and Preview (Nan) when we are both Discoverer. After a few minutes in the system to confirm we are Discoverer, she updated our profile, and printed us new cards. Very little effort. 

OBC is not showing, yet, but should be updated by mid-cruise. She confirmed that if you paid for any extra by credit card, OBC will be used first to settle your account and excess credit card payments will refunded. 

First day was pretty stress free and the staff  is great. 

Kevin

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Weather lovely.  

We will be in Seville for a day and a half in Sept.  I’ve been debating doing a self guided Alcazar tour or paying for an independent guided tour of both Alcazar or the cathedral.  Does the “self guided” part come with the Alcazar tickets you booked beforehand or is it an extra?  My DH wears hearing aids that bluetooth to his phone.  If he downloaded the self-guided audio, could he listen that way?  How long did the self-guided tour take?  

15 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

What officers are onboard?  Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.  

Captain Filipino G Adelfoulakos

Hotel Director Tomas’s Jadczyk

Cruise Director Stephen Millett

Asst Cruise Director Grace O’Donnell-Clancy

Guest Relations Aelred Almeida

Staff Captain Dario Guerrieri

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

We will be in Seville for a day and a half in Sept.  I’ve been debating doing a self guided Alcazar tour or paying for an independent guided tour of both Alcazar or the cathedral.  Does the “self guided” part come with the Alcazar tickets you booked beforehand or is it an extra?  My DH wears hearing aids that bluetooth to his phone.  If he downloaded the self-guided audio, could he listen that way?  How long did the self-guided tour take?  

We booked Alcazar timed tickets before we left home. Skipped the long line. The self guided tour cost 7 euros each using their device which had headphones. I think to download onto your own phone was cheaper and you didn’t have to leave a ‘deposit’ like a driving licence.

There were many local vendors offering both Alcazar and Cathedral tours at 35 euros each per person.  However we like to take our time rather than be shown the highlights in a group.  We had time to sit in the garden etc. There is a cafe but we chose to have tapas outside  

We were inside for around 2.5 hours.  

You can of course also book the Cathedral online. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KY Deb said:

Were the local vendors situated as you got off the ship or near the Alcazar?   Were there local vendors meeting the ship at your other ports?  

On Seville they were in shops nearby the Alcazar and Cathedral. Today taxis offering tours were at the port gates in Lisbon.

• Like 3

Hello from Onboard Azarama Pursuit for the Ireland Intensive cruise beginning TODAY.  

Boarding in Dublin went well, considering there is no cruise terminal.  Check in was done in Cabaret, as well as small group muster drill.  

My OBC remaining balance was correct.  My shore excursions had been purchased prior to website conversion.  Tickets are in room.  TA OBC is also correct.  All is well onboard Pursuit.  The weather in Dublin is incredible today!  

Our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet is listed in the daily program for 5 pm in the Living Room…..not the drawing room.  Maybe there are other events in  there this afternoon. There is a Perry Golf Group on board as well.

My first cruise on Pursuit.  I love the Living Room set up, as it is different from the other three ships.  The chaise lounges in front of the glass windows (I am sitting on one right now) are very comfy!!  

Seafood extravaganza tonight in windows!  happy, happy 😀

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Hello from Onboard Azarama Pursuit for the Ireland Intensive cruise beginning TODAY.  

Boarding in Dublin went well, considering there is no cruise terminal.  Check in was done in Cabaret, as well as small group muster drill.  

My OBC remaining balance was correct.  My shore excursions had been purchased prior to website conversion.  Tickets are in room.  TA OBC is also correct.  All is well onboard Pursuit.  The weather in Dublin is incredible today!  

Our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet is listed in the daily program for 5 pm in the Living Room…..not the drawing room.  Maybe there are other events in  there this afternoon. There is a Perry Golf Group on board as well.

My first cruise on Pursuit.  I love the Living Room set up, as it is different from the other three ships.  The chaise lounges in front of the glass windows (I am sitting on one right now) are very comfy!!  

We left Pursuit yesterday. It was an other wonderful Azamara experience.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just a small but important message. Do some research about the ports you visit .  In the past they used to have a representative from the local tourist office onboard in many ports plus proper maps.  Now you only get a poor quality, much enlarged photocopy.  Poor resolution means often the street names are illegible.  I know you can get google maps on your phone but a proper paper map identifying points of interest is so useful .

• Thanks 6

@Mrs Miggins Thats interesting.
We had a very comprehensive range of port information and maps for every port which was  left in our cabin on embarkation day. First time we have had a full sweep of all the ports in one go. This was on Onward  in April. The  maps  were A3 size and of good quality and easily read. (My photo maybe not)! 

The maps were also at guest relations again on the port day, if you had misplaced them. Often if they keep photocopying the same page the quality does deteriorate over time.  Perhaps we were fortunate to be early in the season, but Im sure its easily rectified .

IMG_9114.png

IMG_9115.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, combine said:

We had a very comprehensive range of port information and maps for every port which was  left in our cabin on embarkation day. First time we have had a full sweep of all the ports in one go. This was on Onward  in April. The  maps  were A3 size and of good quality and easily read. (My photo maybe not)! 

The maps were also at guest relations again on the port day, if you had misplaced them. Often if they keep photocopying the same page the quality does deteriorate over time.  Perhaps we were fortunate to be early in the season, but Im sure its easily rectified .

IMG_9114.png

IMG_9115.jpeg

We're getting these on Onward this week, too. Not delivered to our staterooms, but available at Guest Relations. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 10:13 PM, takemewithyou said:

Hope you have a great cruise. Lots of warm sun to see you off!

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the Ireland intensive cruise……wanted to report that the second day in Dublin, before we left port, we had an Irish group brought onboard to perform traditional Irish songs and one gal did some Irish dance.

I was so happy to see Azamara still keeping to their destination focus.  The cabaret was packed the last two evenings for shows.

Today we will visit Warrenpoint in Northern Ireland.

Tomorrow Belfast and we will have our Azamazing evening. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, combine said:

IMG_9114.png

IMG_9115.jpeg

We had those on Onward in Dec.  I will have to check our desk in Pursuit cabin for these.  Didn’t see them on first glance but I will have a better look.

I checked.  We did not have any port info on our desk in Pursuit.  I do remember that on Onward we had flyers in the big guest info book on each port last Dec and that was much appreciated.

For Dublin, yesterday I checked downstairs at guest relations and the map of downtown Dublin was a very poor photocopy that was pretty useless.  

Today for Warrenpoint, a lesser known port, there was at least a page of info for points of interest and a decent map of the little town……more than I expected.

But there has been no people onboard from local tourist  boards like we used to have pre Covid.  There was a person available when we disembarked the complimentary shuttle to Merrion Square in Dublin to-ask questions of…..which we didn’t expect and we appreciated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

From the Ireland intensive cruise……wanted to report that the second day in Dublin, before we left port, we had an Irish group brought onboard to perform traditional Irish songs and one gal did some Irish dance.

I was so happy to see Azamara still keeping to their destination focus.  The cabaret was packed the last two evenings for shows.

Can l ask where in Belfast your evening event is being held?

5 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Can I ask where in Belfast your evening event is being held ?

16 minutes ago, Laganlady02 said:

Can l ask where in Belfast your evening event is being held?

Can I ask where in Belfast your evening event is being held ?

It is being held at St Anne’s Cathedral. We are having drinks and small bites and then their choir is supposed to perform for us.

• Like 3