OceaniaNEXT expands in-room dining, wine tastings and more

Host Jazzbeau

Ohh this is good news! The article says Riviera and Marina already have the extended items .. I wonder if we can get any feedback on this from anyone lucky enough to be on board atm or recently? 

All sound so tempting and can't wait to taste the soufflé of the day. Sadly, we have to wait till next year.  With today's announcement, would be great to hear feedback from cruisers onboard the Marina and Riviera current sailings?

2 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

All sound so tempting and can't wait to taste the soufflé of the day. Sadly, we have to wait till next year.  With today's announcement, would be great to hear feedback from cruisers onboard the Marina and Riviera current sailings?

Not too much longer till next year now. We are looking forward to cruising again 

20 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Interesting move. As you eliminate the deltas between veranda and concierge, it becomes increasingly difficult to justify the deltas in prices especially on R ships.

It will be interesting to see where Oceania is going with this. 

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt (for a while) that they do have something in mind to make the Concierge upcharge worth it. Although that category has never appealed to me on any cruise line. 

33 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt (for a while) that they do have something in mind to make the Concierge upcharge worth it. Although that category has never appealed to me on any cruise line. 

We typically sail Concierge level due to the location of the staterooms on the ships and often enjoy room service with a warm breakfast (the smoked salmon omelette). We also use the Concierge Lounge when on Marina or Riviera for beverages, snacks and the onsite Concierge has been helpful in most cases. We will wait to see if additional value is brought to this category with the changes.

Edited by WESTEAST
  • Like 2

I really appreciate the addition of  a hot breakfast in all suites. We are next on a R ship and booked a regular veranda this time. I was not looking forward to dragging my miserable morning self to breakfast. It's best to save my fellow shipmates with my en cabin breakfast.

I knew I could order the dinner omelet but this new service is truly appreciated.

Variety is the spice of life.

• Like 1

While I usually get up and have breakfast in a restaurant I feel this is a positive move. I never really understood how they were able to justify not serving hot breakfast in all levels when pretty much most Mass Market lines do. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

While I usually get up and have breakfast in a restaurant I feel this is a positive move. I never really understood how they were able to justify not serving hot breakfast in all levels when pretty much most Mass Market lines do. 

Many questions arise.

1. During these Covid times is this an enticement to get passengers to eat breakfast in their cabins in lieu of flooding The Terrace? 

2. I’m sure that Oceania has plenty of historical analytics that tell the percentage of Concierge passengers that take hot in room breakfasts versus the lower cabins categories not eating room service. Surely the delta isn’t too high or the surge in demand in room service could be daunting. Thus that 8:00 breakfast request could become a 8:45 delivery with a 9:00 tour!

3. Could this lead to Oceania needing to shift Waves and Terrace personnel to room service thus creating slower service there?

Hard to give a benefit and then retract it. Today’s light passenger loads don’t tell much. Be interesting to see how it plays out next summer when capacities go back near 100%. Our January Marina cruise has lots of availability while our Oct Sirena cruise has been completely waitlisted for months. That latter cruise is where the rubber will meet the road.

• Like 1