Semi-live from the Celebrity Constellation 11 night departing 11/22

goldsmip115

Good afternoon everyone from the beautiful Celebrity Constellation. And Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I really have not abandoned you.  Yesterday was a total exercise in futility with trying to post on the Boards. I literally spent 2.5 hours trying and losing so many posts.  My hero, fellow cruiser Jim who posts often helped me figure it out via an email exchange.  You’re the best, Jim.  I lost so many detailed posts, but let me try and pick up where we left off.  The service and warmth from every crew member continues to amaze me.  I have yet to find one thing that I can criticize. The ship is immaculate and so beautifully maintained.  I will post pictures of the beautiful artwork momentarily.  Luminae is a gem under the watchful eye of Russell.  Gede is so much fun.  We have had such wonderful laughs.  Last evening as Luminae was winding down we had a lovely gathering of staff in Luminae and from the retreat.  Some staff had not seen much of the revolutionized M class ships so my iPad was busy showing and explaining all of the differences in the suite and the retreat lounge AKA Michael’s Club.  We have not been back to Michael’s Club since boarding, but have had lovely interactions or discussions with the staff.  Yesterday was an early arrival in Nassau.  Not our cup of tea.  We were joined by one large and one gigantic RCCL ship.  Interesting because our notification said mask are required in the port of Nassau, but I watched hundreds and hundreds of people spilling off the RCCL ships.  Everyone was maskless.  It was actually a cold and windy day in Nassau so my plan for enjoying the verandah was not meant to be.  A few comments about the shops which we toured extensively this morning after breakfast.  The Celebrity merchandise is much more sparse than I recall from past cruises and there is very little formal/dressy wear. We’re told that there are supply issues but we noticed a lot of boxes being unpacked this morning. Of course there is no shortage of jewelry and watches.  We went to the Apple iLounge and waited for about 20 minutes but the staff was very busy with customers who were having device and connectivity problems.  Karen is interested in an Apple Watch but I believe what they have in stock is 3 versions behind.  We’ll try to return and find out more for those that are interested. While waiting we met someone who also lives in Bucks County PA about 8 miles from us. A small world.  We went to the show last night.  Fantastic!  It was a Neil Diamond tribute with Robert Neary.  I was a bit underwhelmed for the first two songs but then it was fantastic.  We so enjoyed it!  Tonight is an achapello group that was featured on America’s Got Talent. We hope to attend.  Tonight is the first evening chic night.  Russell tells us that Luminae will be adding a special traditional turkey dinner.  We may have to try that.  I’m sure I’m missing many things since I lost some detailed posts, but I can tell you that the suite, the food, the service is outstanding.  Since it was a port day Luminae was closed for lunch so we took our first trip to the Oceanview Cafe.  I had a large salad that was made to order with lots of fresh red beets.  It was excellent. Everything looked so good.  George said the fish with dill sauce was not good but none of us left hungry.  Everyone was so friendly and attentive with many warm greeting for everyone.  Tonight at 5:45 there is a gathering with the officers at Michael’s Club. We plan on stopping by before another wonderful evening with Gede and Russell and the amazing Luminae team

• Like 1

Oh, a favorite story.  Our retreat host/butler Anu asked on day one if we would like anything brought to the butlers pantry every morning. We asked for 2 pots of coffee, 2 almond croissants and one slice of rye toast with blueberry or blackberry jam.  Anu apologized and said he did not have blueberry or blackberry jam.  No problem for us.  The next day a container of home made blueberry jam appeared in our refrigerator.  He had the chef make it for us.  Amazing!

D6A3CF66-B90D-492A-8815-0ECEF391E3FE.jpeg

• Like 5

Trish

If Karen is looking for an Apple Watch, I believe they are only selling GPS enabled versions, no data enabled. I don’t recall which version, but they are all older versions, just in case you run into another line up next time you go.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

6 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

Good afternoon everyone from the beautiful Celebrity Constellation. And Happy Thanksgiving to all.  I really have not abandoned you.  Yesterday was a total exercise in futility with trying to post on the Boards. I literally spent 2.5 hours trying and losing so many posts.  My hero, fellow cruiser Jim who posts often helped me figure it out via an email exchange.  You’re the best, Jim.  I lost so many detailed posts, but let me try and pick up where we left off.  The service and warmth from every crew member continues to amaze me.  I have yet to find one thing that I can criticize. The ship is immaculate and so beautifully maintained.  I will post pictures of the beautiful artwork momentarily.  Luminae is a gem under the watchful eye of Russell.  Gede is so much fun.  We have had such wonderful laughs.  Last evening as Luminae was winding down we had a lovely gathering of staff in Luminae and from the retreat.  Some staff had not seen much of the revolutionized M class ships so my iPad was busy showing and explaining all of the differences in the suite and the retreat lounge AKA Michael’s Club.  We have not been back to Michael’s Club since boarding, but have had lovely interactions or discussions with the staff.  Yesterday was an early arrival in Nassau.  Not our cup of tea.  We were joined by one large and one gigantic RCCL ship.  Interesting because our notification said mask are required in the port of Nassau, but I watched hundreds and hundreds of people spilling off the RCCL ships.  Everyone was maskless.  It was actually a cold and windy day in Nassau so my plan for enjoying the verandah was not meant to be.  A few comments about the shops which we toured extensively this morning after breakfast.  The Celebrity merchandise is much more sparse than I recall from past cruises and there is very little formal/dressy wear. We’re told that there are supply issues but we noticed a lot of boxes being unpacked this morning. Of course there is no shortage of jewelry and watches.  We went to the Apple iLounge and waited for about 20 minutes but the staff was very busy with customers who were having device and connectivity problems.  Karen is interested in an Apple Watch but I believe what they have in stock is 3 versions behind.  We’ll try to return and find out more for those that are interested. While waiting we met someone who also lives in Bucks County PA about 8 miles from us. A small world.  We went to the show last night.  Fantastic!  It was a Neil Diamond tribute with Robert Neary.  I was a bit underwhelmed for the first two songs but then it was fantastic.  We so enjoyed it!  Tonight is an achapello group that was featured on America’s Got Talent. We hope to attend.  Tonight is the first evening chic night.  Russell tells us that Luminae will be adding a special traditional turkey dinner.  We may have to try that.  I’m sure I’m missing many things since I lost some detailed posts, but I can tell you that the suite, the food, the service is outstanding.  Since it was a port day Luminae was closed for lunch so we took our first trip to the Oceanview Cafe.  I had a large salad that was made to order with lots of fresh red beets.  It was excellent. Everything looked so good.  George said the fish with dill sauce was not good but none of us left hungry.  Everyone was so friendly and attentive with many warm greeting for everyone.  Tonight at 5:45 there is a gathering with the officers at Michael’s Club. We plan on stopping by before another wonderful evening with Gede and Russell and the amazing Luminae team

When we stopped in Nassau back in August on our B3B, the same thing happened. If you were on the Edge, you were only allowed to get off the ship if you were booked on a Celebrity excursion and, of course, you were required to wear your mask once you left the ship and while you were on the excursion. However, passengers coming off either the RCCL or Carnival ship that was docked next to us were free to wander around Nassau unmasked. The big difference was that as soon they came back and boarded their ship, their masks went back on. When we came back from our Celebrity excursion our masks came off as we boarded the ship. 😎

I know that Anu worries that we are not eating enough. I actually think that it is a plot to have me gain so much weight that I will throw half of my baggage overboard before the end of the cruise.  I heard that the crew was starting a petition to to have me donate half of my luggage to residents of Aruba so they would not have to unload it back in Tampa.  Anyhow, every evening when we arrive back at the suite this is what is waiting for us.

C829280F-F25E-4D49-94B6-A16854522FDB.jpeg

• Like 1

Now I know that there is a total conspiracy among the crew and Anu and possibly all the way up to the captain.  They absolutely want me to gain enough weight that I will donate all of my excess clothing to those in Aruba or Bonaire or Curaçao so that there are 12 less bags to offload in Tampa next Friday. I went into the pantry to get a vitamin water.  Look what I found 

EFC1CAC6-CE90-4D5D-92E0-8EFA08423F3A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning from the beautiful Celebrity Constellation with another wonderful sea day.  Last evening didn’t go exactly as planned because it was yet another night of closing down Luminae with the wonderful staff and so many laughs with them.  I suspect the Captain could hear us all the way up to the bridge. Thus, we missed the show.  Well, a bit too much Caymus might have also contributed to missing the show.  Luminae had the usual night 4 dinner menu. I decided to be more traditional and go with the turkey dinner from the main dining room menu. It was quite good and oh so filling. I’m thrilled to announce that this morning the captain announced that 100% of the crew tested negative for Covid. It’s not that we were worried, but it is a welcome announcement.  We have absolutely no plans today other than Luminae. We’re boring and predictable but we’re so happy to finally be relaxing.  We lost an hour last night and will sleep fast tonight as we have a Private Journey tour in Bonaire tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

I had to laugh when you said you went to the pantry to get a Vitamin Water.  On Equinox in Sept and Summit in Nov and they ran out on the first sailing of both B2B's.  On the Summit there was no Sprite Zero and no Caffeine Free Diet either. 

On Summit we had the bar manager and inventory manager come to us to explain that Vitamin Water has been discontinued and the soda issue was due to aluminum shortage and Coke bottler was using their cans for specific brands.

DW can't have sugar (so no alcohol) or Caffeine so that left her the choice of water or water.   On the turnover day I Ubered to Publix in Miami and bought 2 12 packs of Diet 7Up for the second sailing for her.

I'd be interested if you are able to find Vitamin Water etc around the ship or if they are just stocking your pantry with it.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 5:55 PM, jules27556 said:

Perhaps you should rename your live report "Live from the Retreat".  

It appears your "live" report will soon be of little interest to anyone 

sailing in "steerage".  

Our January 24th Connie cruise will be our first Celebrity cruise. We are D+ on Royal. I do notice on the Celebrity forums a bit of 'upper crust' postings. I am one of those in steerage, so I just ignore them as they do not apply to me. I am a bit apprehensive about being a lowly steerage passenger on my Celebrity cruise. 

4 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Our January 24th Connie cruise will be our first Celebrity cruise. We are D+ on Royal. I do notice on the Celebrity forums a bit of 'upper crust' postings. I am one of those in steerage, so I just ignore them as they do not apply to me. I am a bit apprehensive about being a lowly steerage passenger on my Celebrity cruise. 

You’ll be the only one then. One thing about being on a Celebrity cruise is that everyone is treated like royalty, especially by the crew. As far as everyone else, who cares. You’re on a cruise!! 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

@goldsmip115would it be possible for you to ask the Luminae maitre d’ if someone who is dining in Blu can order off the MDR menu, just in case something looks tasty on it? We’ll be on the Connie in an AQ cabin starting Dec 23 and my DW was wondering if this option was available.

From my experience on M and S Class ships you can order off MDR Menu in both Luminae and Blu.

I do it often in both dining rooms.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

I find your comment to be sad

• Like 1

It’s simply baffling to me that several posters are very critical of those that sail in suites.  We are referred to as “upper crust” or some other equally insulating and quite frankly nasty green eyed comments. If you are D plus elite on RCL why would you ever stoop to a lowly status on Celebrity. I’m sure your D plus status will get you everything you deserve on RCL.   For those of you that claim to be ignoring the suite passenger posts or the upper crust posts, why do you even respond?  Please don’t!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

You are not alone!  This will also be my first Celebrity cruise.  Although I have picked up on a tone by some that left me wondering if I might have made the wrong choice, I soon discover some terrific people who are very receptive, helpful and welcoming.  In fact, there were actual posts that were the catalyst for changing a sailing!  And I realized that was silly of me.  It reminded me of when I was a flight attendant.  There were people who wanted you to think they were important and then there were those who truly were important, and they were some of the nicest people aboard.  I found sometimes we tolerate, but most of the time we can appreciate!   Enjoy your cruise,  and I hope we both find the Celebrity staff and passengers are those we truly appreciate!!     

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

It’s simply baffling to me that several posters are very critical of those that sail in suites.  We are referred to as “upper crust” or some other equally insulating and quite frankly nasty green eyed comments. If you are D plus elite on RCL why would you ever stoop to a lowly status on Celebrity. I’m sure your D plus status will get you everything you deserve on RCL.   For those of you that claim to be ignoring the suite passenger posts or the upper crust posts, why do you even respond?  Please don’t!

I've noticed a lot of that lately as well.  I guess the green-eyed monster is alive and well on these boards.  Do they respond the same way to those who choose to pay for first class on planes?  I don't always sail in suites, depends on whether or not I find the pricing reasonable for me for that particular cruise.  Same with First class on planes.  For a short flight, I don't bother, but if I'm going to Europe or Australia, it will definitely be in a lie-flat seat in first class!  Just my choice on how to spend my money.  I really don't get why people get so upset about how others spend their money.  Sad. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jules27556 said:

You are not alone!  This will also be my first Celebrity cruise.  Although I have picked up on a tone by some that left me wondering if I might have made the wrong choice, I soon discover some terrific people who are very receptive, helpful and welcoming.  In fact, there were actual posts that were the catalyst for changing a sailing!  And I realized that was silly of me.  It reminded me of when I was a flight attendant.  There were people who wanted you to think they were important and then there were those who truly were important, and they were some of the nicest people aboard.  I found sometimes we tolerate, but most of the time we can appreciate!   Enjoy your cruise,  and I hope we both find the Celebrity staff and passengers are those we truly appreciate!!     

There is no such thing as a lowly steerage passenger on Celebrity.  That is a figment of the over active imagination of some of the people on these boards.  I've had the same excellent service on Celebrity, whether I was sailing in an inside or the penthouse.

• Like 5