FIrst time getting a drink package, any insider tips I should know about?

mary_228

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

That sounds like 2 drinks + some cappuccino's.

Yes, so that amounts to $25 or so, add on the autotips and your expenditure is already over the $40 cost of PP, and that's before you factor in the internet.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 11:10 AM, startedwithamouse said:

Crooners makes the best martinis!

I’m curious, why do you constitute, “ Crooners makes the best martini”? It’s a simple drink. Vodka or gin, and a splash of vermouth. Not to complicated to make.....Any bar can put that together.

Edited by rick160158
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the drink package, if you want a glass of this Champagne, it’ll cost you $1 + 18% = $1.18....as the Max drink price you can get is $12, this Champagne is $13....you pay the difference and 18% service charge.....Not bad at all

FA028679-2ABA-4105-B559-F916EF326D60.png

Edited by rick160158

13 hours ago, rick160158 said:

I’m curious, why do you constitute, “ Crooners makes the best martini”? It’s a simple drink. Vodka or gin, and a splash of vermouth. Not to complicated to make.....Any bar can put that together.

All in the presentation!  Only bar indoors where you have a tableside show of your server dancing with you before pouring!  

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I suppose you could also have it delivered to your cabin or any where's else on the ship like the buffet or DR.

Absolutely. We just found it easier to walk up to a bar and ask for a bottle.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruiser113 said:

must be  something  new ,   with  drink package  in  the  past  we  have  not  received tumblers.

I'm not sure they were anything to do with the drinks package - they were just left in our cabin.

To be honest they were a bit naff !  

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely. We just found it easier to walk up to a bar and ask for a bottle.

We did both, picked up at a bar and ordered in the app with other items. We also had no problem getting 2 waters at a time if we asked. In fact the bartender at the bar we frequented most started asking ' how many would you like' when we asked for water.  And  'do you need a water for your wife' sometimes when my husband stopped for a drink without me....lol.   She got a nice tip at the end of the cruise!

Edited by Buckeye10640

On 1/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, Waynetor said:

We always got a tumbler with a soda package but not an alcohol package .   

Our last cruise, where the kids had the ultimate and we (parents) had the soda package, the kids ended up with these metal tumblers, while we got the same old plastic ones. We kept their metal tumblers.  Hey we paid for the vacation!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

No tumblers due to covid.  They will not fill any tumbler regardless of what you want in it.

We got the tumblers in November, regardless of Covid. Mind you, what would you fill them with, other than beer ?

When you get alcoholic or I guess any drinks, do they show up on you account meaning do I need to look at it all the time to ensure they are not charging me? Just trying to see if it’s tracked on my bill or if when you have package it’s just all included and not on there at all. Thanks

43 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

When you get alcoholic or I guess any drinks, do they show up on you account meaning do I need to look at it all the time to ensure they are not charging me? Just trying to see if it’s tracked on my bill or if when you have package it’s just all included and not on there at all. Thanks

Check your folio on the app each day. I've been charged when I shouldn't have been. I just went to Passenger Services and had them remove the charge. Of course they may well ask you if you are sure it wasn't "over the 15 drink limit". I just said, "No" and that was it.

2 minutes ago, mikebisch said:

Is the 15 drink limit like Carnival where your cut off?  Or can you order/pay for out side of the package once you hit 15?  Are you still limited with out a package?

Never seen it happen, but I guess if you are sufficiently compos mentis to ask for a drink,  and are willing to pay for it,  why not ? 

But, if I was the server I would ask my manager to get you to physically sign the bar chit,  in case you "forgot " what you ordered the next day.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:21 AM, Thrak said:

Check your folio on the app each day. I've been charged when I shouldn't have been. I just went to Passenger Services and had them remove the charge. Of course they may well ask you if you are sure it wasn't "over the 15 drink limit". I just said, "No" and that was it.

Surely they can see how many drinks youve had so would know if you had 15 or more

19 minutes ago, mikebisch said:

Is the 15 drink limit like Carnival where your cut off?  Or can you order/pay for out side of the package once you hit 15?  Are you still limited with out a package?

Princess policy is thss as t once you hit 15 it will be up to the manager whether or not you can purchase more. Most folks I have seen who hit the limit have been drinking all day and are pretty blasted