Cruise From Rome - Help

We used Romecabs for our transfers to the port from Rome, and then back to the airport post cruise. They were reliable and professional. There were 8 of us so we had a minibus and from what I remember they were a little less expensive than Rome in Limo (who are also great - we have used them for private excursions previously).

• Like 1

We did a shared transfer on one occasion from Rome and definitely wouldn’t do it again as we were not only kept waiting by late comers from our ship but our driver after picking us up then had to collect other passengers from a different cruise line.

Therefore we wasted well over an hour from our pre arranged pick up time.

We have since used Romeinlimo I’m pretty sure you could probably find cheaper but they were absolutely brilliant on time professional drivers lovely clean vehicles.

Whatever you decide and whoever you use from our experience I’d stay away from shared transportation.

13 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

Sounds like taxi is the best way

do u think I will have any issues getting taxis with two child seats 

I highly recommend this company (and definitely rule out the train...). Their rate for a private transfer is very reasonable. They have a very friendly site, and there is a button to add child seats --

https://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tips everyone, think we are just going to folk out for a taxi, was looking to save a few pounds if possible but the train is starting to sound to stressful 

checked the drinks prices again the the USA prices don’t include the tip so it’s about the same. It’s £54 pounds right now with tip. Just hoping it goes down further 🤞 as it is still a bit steep for us. I was in a panic to buy it at one point as it said 30 percent off but as people said sounds like it’s all marketing, think I’ll hold off for now with it 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Garyjames220 said:

Thanks for the tips everyone, think we are just going to folk out for a taxi, was looking to save a few pounds if possible but the train is starting to sound to stressful 

checked the drinks prices again the the USA prices don’t include the tip so it’s about the same. It’s £54 pounds right now with tip. Just hoping it goes down further 🤞 as it is still a bit steep for us. I was in a panic to buy it at one point as it said 30 percent off but as people said sounds like it’s all marketing, think I’ll hold off for now with it 

I think that if you sit down and write out your drinking habits, on a port-intensive cruise where you are off the ship a LOT of the time, with 18 month old twins in your cabin, you may find that an unlimited drink package does not work out to your advantage.  Without knowing you personally, I would guess that you would be MUCH better off just having the included (free) drinks, then paying for extras as you go.

And both adults are required to buy the package. *

*I will let others jump in with the exceptions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I think that if you sit down and write out your drinking habits, on a port-intensive cruise where you are off the ship a LOT of the time, with 18 month old twins in your cabin, you may find that an unlimited drink package does not work out to your advantage.  Without knowing you personally, I would guess that you would be MUCH better off just having the included (free) drinks, then paying for extras as you go.

What do you mean the included free drinks?

well we aren’t getting off at Naples as we been there a few times. So three days at sea

at the other ports we may do half days some days

normally we would have a drink with lunch and two drinks at dinner straight away. Then probably a few cocktails in the afternoon and to be honest we would normally have a few in the bars etc in the evening. if the nursery is open we would use that sometimes too. 

I have never been on a ship with twins though so don’t no how that will work out but I was at a all inclusive resort this month with them and in the evening they would sleep away in there stroller from 8pm until we went to bed, hoping it’s like that next year too but who knows 

but yeah we love our cocktails  and we also would be having soft drinks, smoothies and the odd coffee  so I’m not sure how much it would cost with out it

1 hour ago, Garyjames220 said:

Being the mother of twins myself, I can assure you that the train would be extremely stressful..you won't just have your two little loves, but you will also have luggage, and all things child-related...i.e., stroller, etc.    By booking a car service...at least 3 were suggested on your thread, you would have the driver waiting for you, who will offer you assistance, etc.   

Have a wonderful and memorable cruise, and leave the stress at home.  Bon Voyage!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Garyjames220 said:

also the room they said they will only allow one cot and the sofa bed. Anyone have any ideas if they might give you a second cot on board or if not what do you do to make the sofa bed safer for a 18 month year old. The guy on the phone said put extra pillows etc around it 🤷‍♂️

With regards to the sleeping arrangements for your little ones, I had a friend who sailed with their little guy.  He was too old for a pack and play but they felt they needed a little more secure sleeping arrangement than just the sleeper sofa.  Instead, they turned the sofa around so the front was facing the wall.  They stuffed pillows against the wall and made the couch up as a bed.  It was a soft and cushy with no chance of him falling out of bed.

12 minutes ago, watertraveler said:

With regards to the sleeping arrangements for your little ones, I had a friend who sailed with their little guy.  He was too old for a pack and play but they felt they needed a little more secure sleeping arrangement than just the sleeper sofa.  Instead, they turned the sofa around so the front was facing the wall.  They stuffed pillows against the wall and made the couch up as a bed.  It was a soft and cushy with no chance of him falling out of bed.

Keep in mind, @watertraveler, they have TWO.  You are describing an arrangement for one.

25 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Being the mother of twins myself, I can assure you that the train would be extremely stressful..

Not only that...

The train station involves stairs + you'll have to take a shuttle from the train station to the port entry. From there, you'll need another "transfer" to the check in area...

Whereas a private transfer takes you directly to the check in area !!!

Also, take into consideration 4 train tickets, + 2 Euro pp for the shuttle, and the "splurge" for a private transfer is not far fetched at all.

I've just checked private transfer from Rome city center to the cruise port in "Civvy" -- it is 130 Euro for 4 persons for June 2022 😉

• Like 1

Check to see if there is still a shared shuttle company it was that you could take from Rome and then to the airport after the cruise. That’s what we did, and it was easy, they excepted credit cards, you didn’t have to pre-pay, it was way cheaper than most options, and it was just one other group and us in a comfortable van. 

I think a 12:15 flight would be OK, certainly no earlier. The Rome airport is so so busy, and we experienced the longest, slowest line we have ever been in at an airport. If we hadn’t had priority security, we would’ve missed out flight. To better hedge your bets, walk your own luggage off at a nice, early time. 

• Like 1