Live from Sky Princess 12/4/21 - 12/11/21

iamaqt2

I really enjoy reading live trip reports, so thought I'd try my hand at doing one for this cruise as well.

This trip is an early celebration for my big 5-0 this month.  My husband, daughter, and her boyfriend are helping me celebrate this week.

We flew out of Seattle on a red-eye Thursday night and landed in Fort Lauderdale early Friday AM.

We're currently staying at the Crowne Plaza near the port.  Early check-in wasn't available, but they let us hang out at the pool and stashed our bags.  Then the unthinkable happened (if you happen to be a twenty-something year old). Daughters boyfriend jumped in pool with phone in pocket.  And because phone already had prior drop damage, phone stopped working.  So, 3 Ubers later, a trip to T-Mobile, and a trip to the local Apple store, crisis averted.  Thank goodness he had insured the phone..

As a side note, they commented that Uber service here is rather slow. But in reality, that little adventure only took about 2 hours.

However, we were all very tired, and while they were running around, we had managed to get checked in around 2 pm.  Took a nap, got cleaned up for dinner, and walked from the hotel to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza for dinner.  That was some of the best pizza and wings I've ever had, and their white sangria was delicious. Definitely recommend it.

It's currently 6:30 am local time and I'm too excited to sleep.  My West Coast time clock is seriously out of whack due to travel and napping.  Everyone was in bed early last night.

We're scheduled for Boarding Group A, so plan to arrive at port at 11.

This TR will flow pretty loosely as we don't have any excursions planned, and will do our own things at each stop.

If you're also on this sailing, please feel free to join in and share as well.

20211203_181156.jpg

20211203_181916.jpg

20211203_183246.jpg

20211203_183423.jpg

• Like 6

Following along!

If you don't mind, I'd be very interested to know what time you end up arriving/boarding with a Group A check in time - also what time the rooms are available. Thanks, and have a great trip!

12 minutes ago, dv70 said:

Following along!

If you don't mind, I'd be very interested to know what time you end up arriving/boarding with a Group A check in time - also what time the rooms are available. Thanks, and have a great trip!

Yes it would be interesting to know how the embarkation flow worked out.

Cheers

• Like 1

Just now, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I’ve started my pre cruise ritual!  First three numbers and the finale from Titanic the musical while I shower and get ready. Sort of a “break a leg” kind of thing. Woo hoo!

How bout the "Poseidon Adventure Theme"  There's got to be a morning after"  Sing it with me people!

Cheers and have fun, be onboard in two weeks.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 years ago today ( 12/4/19 ) - we boarded the SKY for a little 3 day cruise ... 

at one time it was going to be the inaugural USA cruise, but an additional 3 day cruise was added late for 12/1/19, which unfortunately didn't work for us ...

hope everyone has a great cruise, as we look forward to our little cruise on the REGAL at the end of January... 

• Like 5

Following ~ Bon Voyage!

We were on the last Sky sailing before the shutdown. Actually, the shutdown occurred while we were still on the ship. Hopefully some of the same crew are back, they were all a bit shell shocked by the news and very unsure (like the rest of us) what the future held for them. 

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

How bout the "Poseidon Adventure Theme"  There's got to be a morning after"  Sing it with me people!

Cheers and have fun, be onboard in two weeks.

awww, there's that Florida sense of humor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dv70 said:

Following along!

Check-in was wonky, yet smooth as could be.  Once the app updated for Boarding day, we lost our stateroom assignment and green lane status with QR code. We ended up in priority boarding for platinum, but blue lane status.  We got to port just after 11 and were onboard in 15 minutes.  Best embarkation EVER.

3 hours ago, phabric said:

Following along.  What are your ports?

Princess Cay, St. Maarten, St. Maarten.

Boarded, checked carry-on bags in Take 5 and wandered ship until Estrella dining room opened at noon.  Had a very nice lunch and am now unpacking in room.

20211204_121201.jpg

20211204_121223.jpg

20211204_121306.jpg

20211204_121330.jpg

20211204_121343.jpg

20211204_121350.jpg

20211204_121653.jpg

20211204_121704.jpg

20211204_122259.jpg

20211204_124654.jpg

20211204_124658.jpg

20211204_124721.jpg

20211204_140428.jpg

20211204_132815.jpg

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, iamaqt2 said:

(snip...)

Boarded, checked carry-on bags in Take 5 and wandered ship until Estrella dining room opened at noon.  

(snip...)

What???  After boarding, you checked carry-on bags???  I've been cruising a  l-o-n-g  time, and I never knew this was a thing!

I won't be on the Sky until June, but I'll be on the Regal in January.  No 'Take 5' on the Regal, but there is a 'Club 6' in the same relative position.  I wonder if I can check my carry-ons there?

--Marne

P.S.  Thanks, iamqt2, for your posts.  I'll be following...

2 hours ago, marne-c said:

What???  After boarding, you checked carry-on bags???  I've been cruising a  l-o-n-g  time, and I never knew this was a thing!

I won't be on the Sky until June, but I'll be on the Regal in January.  No 'Take 5' on the Regal, but there is a 'Club 6' in the same relative position.  I wonder if I can check my carry-ons there?

--Marne

P.S.  Thanks, iamqt2, for your posts.  I'll be following...

Oh yes..and when we went back to get them at 1:15 they were gone.... and sitting in front of our stateroom door! 🙂🙂

That was an extra special welcome aboard.

• Like 3

I am also on the 12/4 Sky Princess sailing. We had boarding group A which states an arrival time at the port between 11:30-12:00. We arrived about 10:45 and were able to board immediately. No lines. They checked our Medallions, passports, vaccine status and COVID test results. Super easy and an excellent way to start a vacation. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Oh yes..and when we went back to get them at 1:15 they were gone.... and sitting in front of our stateroom door! 🙂🙂

That was an extra special welcome aboard.

iamaqt2, did the crew hand out any instructions regarding masking, social distancing, areas of the ship where unvaccinated passenger can not go, elevator protocol etc?  I read on RCCL that at the shows they had separate areas for vaccinated and unvaccinated.  If the Princess crew did pass something out, could you post it please.  Thanks and looking forward to you upcoming post.

I don’t think Princess allows unvaccinated. They make mention of the sip and cover venues but I don’t remember seeing anything specific about wearing your mask inside. But they must have said something because about 99% are doing so. Once siting at a chair or the bar people are taking them off to converse with their travel partners. 

Off to Princess Cay! We are pulling onto our “parking space” now.

26 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

I don’t think Princess allows unvaccinated. They make mention of the sip and cover venues but I don’t remember seeing anything specific about wearing your mask inside. But they must have said something because about 99% are doing so. Once siting at a chair or the bar people are taking them off to converse with their travel partners. 

Off to Princess Cay! We are pulling onto our “parking space” now.

Thank you so much.  Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

I am on board as well posting this from my balcony overlooking princess cays. I can confirm embarkation was smooth. Have your vaccine cards and negative test results ready along with your passport and you’re good to go. We took screen shots of our QR codes in anticipation of the app crashing out on us but it did not. No waiting or groups in the pre-boarding area you just walk right on the ship. Makes sense. Less grouping of people. We were group A 11:30-12:00 and showed up about 10 after 11. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whitecap said:

iamaqt2, did the crew hand out any instructions regarding masking, social distancing, areas of the ship where unvaccinated passenger can not go, elevator protocol etc?  I read on RCCL that at the shows they had separate areas for vaccinated and unvaccinated.  If the Princess crew did pass something out, could you post it please.  Thanks and looking forward to you upcoming post.

There are NO unvaccinated passengers allowed  onboard.  Princess asks for masking in all common areas, requires them in elevators, and has a sip and cover policy in the theater.  Masks are required when entering a dining venue and can be removed while eating and drinking.  No masks required on outside decks.  

Actual adherence is about 60%.  For example, we were in elevator with masks on, and two ladies joined us on another floor with no masks.  They quickly pulled them out and put them on and apologized.  I wasn't worried about it.  I think people are just having a good time and forgetting while moving between venues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Currently sitting on balcony watching tender load.  Glad I'm not in a hurry to get off ship.  That tender has been loading people for well over 30 minutes waiting for a full load.  Mostly just people waiting.  It's overcast this am so we'll wait a bit to see if it clears.

20211205_092622.jpg

20211205_092444.jpg

20211205_092505.jpg

• Like 3