U.K. traveller’s need best and reasonably price from Miami airport to ft Lauderdale hotels

nicben

We are travelling to Miami airport to join vision of the seas in April for the transatlantic crossing, we are staying at the embassy suites in ft Lauderdale can anyone suggest a reasonable transfer as we are in our late 60s   Thanks 

UberX or standard Lyft for about $40+ or a taxi for about $75+.  Depending upon traffic the ride will take 35-60+ minutes.

You could ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to the FLL station for about $5 each and from there taxi or Uber to your hotel (or call them to see if their shuttle can pick you up) - only a good option if you can handle your own luggage.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - whatever bitter your local pours will be fine! 😎

Thanks johnindc looks like a taxi after 2 flights and all the hassle each side of the pond just to put the bags in cab and go .  Plenty of bitters on draft in my local my favourite at the moment is old speckled hen i think you can get in the USA but in bottles 

On 12/8/2021 at 9:44 PM, nicben said:

We are travelling to Miami airport to join vision of the seas in April for the transatlantic crossing, we are staying at the embassy suites in ft Lauderdale can anyone suggest a reasonable transfer as we are in our late 60s   Thanks 

I think JohninDC is a little out of touch with regards to the taxi pricing for your journey.  Pre Covid, we ordered and pre paid  a taxi from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and it was $120 then.  We needed a child seat so I don't know whether that made a difference to the pricing but the US is like the UK, everything has gone up.  Our niece who is hopefully going to Florida in June has reported car rental doubling since the last time they were there, 3 years ago.  Uber would be a better bet I think but I have no idea if it is a relatively easy thing to do via a UK mobile.

A private shared shuttle bus from your hotel to POM (Port of Miami...not the airport) might be a good option...there are several to choose from like...South Florida Shuttles, Jazzy Jeff & SAS Transportation just to name a few. Contact each of them and get a quote.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ashland said:

A private shared shuttle bus from your hotel to POM (Port of Miami...not the airport) might be a good option...there are several to choose from like...South Florida Shuttles, Jazzy Jeff & SAS Transportation just to name a few. Contact each of them and get a quote.

SAS and most of the other shared shuttles are not licensed or choose not to do business at the MIA airport.  😪 

Best options for OP from MIA to the Embassy Suites in the 17th street area is Uber, Lyft, taxi or limo.

3 hours ago, JohninDC said:

SAS and most of the other shared shuttles are not licensed or choose not to do business at the MIA airport.  😪 

Best options for OP from MIA to the Embassy Suites in the 17th street area is Uber, Lyft, taxi or limo.

Reading the OP's title and then their post seems to differ...I went by their post details.

My first suggestion ... South Florida Shuttles is licensed to serve MIA.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly after a transatlantic flight the last thing I'd want to do is dick around  with public transportation.  

Just grab a cab.  In order to compete with Lyft and Uber, taxi prices have plummeted from the airport.  I think it is only around $50 now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, yoj13 said:

I think JohninDC is a little out of touch with regards to the taxi pricing for your journey.  Pre Covid, we ordered and pre paid  a taxi from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and it was $120 then.  We needed a child seat so I don't know whether that made a difference to the pricing but the US is like the UK, everything has gone up.  Our niece who is hopefully going to Florida in June has reported car rental doubling since the last time they were there, 3 years ago.  Uber would be a better bet I think but I have no idea if it is a relatively easy thing to do via a UK mobile.

Yes, you can book Uber using a UK mobile. Not Lyft however, no idea why. I don’t like the idea of trying to get an Uber after we arrive at MIA. We have used Get transfer in the past but that was to the airport from Fort Lauderdale so no worry about finding the driver at the kerb. The rates have gone way up since we used them last (as expected). 

On 12/19/2021 at 11:47 AM, yoj13 said:

Uber Estimate - Get a Price Estimate in Your City | Uber

Uber Estimator has the price for UberX from FLL to POM to FLL as $54 - taxi will be more and not bringing your own car seat will add even more to the fare (and severely limit the number of transport options).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, sandancer said:

Just had a quote from Jiffy Jeff. $160 plus 20% tip. 

I’m pleased you asked this since it’s what we are thinking of doing also. We  will be in Fort Lauderdale for 2 nights (New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day) and have yet to decide whether to do a 2-day car hire, or private transport from MIA.

Plenty of suggestions here to investigate, so thanks.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:06 PM, JohninDC said:

UberX or standard Lyft for about $40+ or a taxi for about $75+.  Depending upon traffic the ride will take 35-60+ minutes.

You could ride the Tri-Rail train from MIA to the FLL station for about $5 each and from there taxi or Uber to your hotel (or call them to see if their shuttle can pick you up) - only a good option if you can handle your own luggage.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - whatever bitter your local pours will be fine! 😎

We are staying at the BW Oceanside Inn. I know there are 2 Tri Rail stations in Fort Lauderdale. Which one is most convenient for our hotel. In the past we used Get Transfer but the prices we are being offered are beyond acceptable. So it’s Tri Rail or Uber. 

We paid Booking.com and tipped the driver in cash on the day. When booking online they ask for your flight number and landing time and they track your flight in case of any delays. We probably took around an hour and a half from landing to exiting the terminal but they keep in contact by text and let you know which exit to meet your car and they tell you the driver’s name, car type, reg no. and colour.

The car was spacious and clean and the driver polite and professional, would definitely use again.

• Like 1

I had a look at the Booking.com website and they state that the driver will wait 45 mins from the time your flight lands. At MIA it has taken us at least the hour and a half it took you on the many occasions we’ve arrived there. The current cost for a standard car is just under £60. ($81). Still a decent price but I would want to be sure the driver would wait as long as necessary. 

We decided to go with Booking.com and have to hope we get an accommodating driver like yours. I assume you are given a number to contact if the driver couldn’t wait. On another thread someone posted that it took 3.5 hours of queuing to get through MIA in January!