Seven Seas Mariner YELLOW as of 21 Dec 21

mrlevin

It's true....but not unexpected either. OMICRON is super infectious but people with 3 shots are faring well and coming out of the tunnel with super immunities according to a report I read today.

Drink the booze and kiss the girls while you have the chance for life is fleeting!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

And remember....unless you are going to live in a cave there is no place safer than on board a Regent ship with triple Vax people and extensive testing. Go live your life and have fun!

I doubt "triple Vax" people are   a big majority.... hoping I am wrong 

We asked at reception, they seemed hesitant to discuss the yellow status. We persisted and we were told there was one case. They said no change in protocols at this point, except signs stating no more than four in an elevator along with stickers on the floor of the elevators telling you where to stand. 🤷‍♀️ We upgrading our masks to from cloth to KN95s. 

What other conditions are changing on the ship in light of this first case? Have the passengers been put in quarantine? Are they in their own cabin or have they been moved to another isolated cabin?  Have any other restrictions been imposed?  Whatever information you can provide would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Avidtravler said:

What other conditions are changing on the ship in light of this first case? Have the passengers been put in quarantine? Are they in their own cabin or have they been moved to another isolated cabin?  Have any other restrictions been imposed?  Whatever information you can provide would be appreciated.

Read post #11 as it answers most of your questions. The staff probably won’t say much about the individual’s situation, but we have been told and think we can assume that those sick are put in quarantine suites per protocol. Hopefully we will learn more as the cruise progresses and there wil not be anymore cases!

3 hours ago, cwn said:

we can assume that those sick are put in quarantine suites per protocol. 

Just because someone tests positive doesn't mean they are "sick." They may still be quarantined, but they are most likely asymptomatic. 

• Like 5

With small ships like Regent Mariner, there is no chance to go to Orange status but they skip right to Yellow since one case will be more than 0.1% which is what drives Yellow status, or one crew member. The larger ships with thousands of passengers can have a few cases and still be below the 0.1% threshold. 

Although Mariner docked this morning in Cartagena, Colombia, the Captain has just announced that the Colombian authorities are not allowing anyone ashore due to covid case(s) on board and the local health situation in Cartagena.

Edited by flossie009
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

The one positive of not going ashore this morning is that it is now pouring with rain and the forecast for the rest of this morning is thunderstorms ☹️

Should be no problem finding a sun bed on deck 😉

Oh @flossie009 I'm sorry to read that - just heard that Cartagena was a no go.  *sigh*  You'll just have to use the time to work through that list of cocktails 😉 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Our covid test prior to Guatemala apparently has been cancelled.

Hi Marc. Was the test canceled because it's not necessary for going ashore, or was it canceled because the port was canceled?

Tom.

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

Although Mariner docked this morning in Cartagena, Colombia, the Captain has just announced that the Colombian authorities are not allowing anyone ashore due to covid case(s) on board and the local health situation in Cartagena.

Thanks for your reports Flossie. I have a question please since I am on almost the exact same itinerary in less than two weeks on the Explorer.

Knowing what you know now, would you still take the cruise, or reschedule it?

Thanks. Tom.

5 minutes ago, giustot said:

Hi Marc. Was the test canceled because it's not necessary for going ashore, or was it canceled because the port was canceled?

Tom.

I was told that it was no longer required; told by Reception so I am not 100% convinced; would like to hear from an officer.

According to the website for the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala:

All passengers 10 years of age and over arriving in Guatemala by air and land are required to obtain one of the following;

• A negative COVID-19 PCR or an Antigen test within 72 hours prior to check in at the airport, or arrival at the land border; or
  • If you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past three months, a medical certificate from the healthcare facility where you received treatment showing evidence of the date of your diagnosis, and confirmation of your recovery; or
  • Evidence that you have received a complete COVID-19 vaccination course, with the final dose being administered at least two weeks before arrival in Guatemala.