Upgrading drink package on board

sun bum

We are sailing on the Edge the end of January. In the past, we have been able to upgrade to the Premium drink package on board. We usually do it the first night when they are offering deals on dining also. Does anyone know if this is still available on the Edge. if so, how much is the upgrade per day.

Thanks in advance!

26 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

You can upgrade for $12 per day per person on line and save yourself he hassle. 

p - what is the hassle when up-grading a drink package on-board, that you have experienced?

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

p - what is the hassle when up-grading a drink package on-board, that you have experienced?

Cheers and bon voyage

Curious as well. 
Last time I upgraded onboard, they even made my premium drink first and then tended to the upgrade paperwork.  

Just knowing that the bartenders at the location I frequent get some extra $$ in their pocket for 'selling' the upgrade is enough for me to justify any hassle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/21/2021 at 4:08 PM, sun bum said:

We are sailing on the Edge the end of January. In the past, we have been able to upgrade to the Premium drink package on board. We usually do it the first night when they are offering deals on dining also. Does anyone know if this is still available on the Edge. if so, how much is the upgrade per day.

Thanks in advance!

If you are Elite or Elite+ you are eligible for a 10% discount if you upgrade your drink package before sail date (usually at least 2 days before).

• Thanks 1

I must add here, that if X has a 20% discount on PBP, yes I will upgrade on-line, absent that then do it on-board...

... and tip accordingly during the sailing, so the up-grade on-board more than makes up for it...   😎

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Cheers and bon voyage

Ok... maybe "hassle" was a misnomer.  All I was saying was that you can upgrade on line and you don't have to do it on the ship.  Just easier for me I guess.  But to each their own.  

Oh yeah,.... I'll tip as I get drinks. So the one's who serve me will be the one's getting tips. 

1 minute ago, papaflamingo said:

Ok... maybe "hassle" was a misnomer.  All I was saying was that you can upgrade on line and you don't have to do it on the ship.  Just easier for me I guess.  But to each their own.  

Oh yeah,.... I'll tip as I get drinks. So the one's who serve me will be the one's getting tips. 

No worries at all, just took it to mean that it was a challenge....

Your explanation is right on point, for sure as is the point that it is just (almost) as easy to do it on board for a few of us...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1