Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

11 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:

It depends on where you're reading it. On a PC, at the bottom of each post is a link called Older Posts. On mobile devices, typically, at the top, there is a back (left) arrow next to the title that takes you to the blog home. Click the three lines in the upper left for a month archive list.  Hope this helps and thanks for reading.

Garry, on my PC, there is no tab called Older posts.  There used to be on the old format, but not now.  Now, there is an Archive post on the left hand side and I have to click that to see older posts.  A little more work, but no biggie.  I still like the newer format better as it is much easier to read.

Edited by Diveloonie
add
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 34/152 - Sea Day - You ate how much?

Garry, following avidly every day from cruise starved Australia - and loving every moment of your daily musings. Tell Arlona her art is lovely 💐

Just curious; are you still having to do your daily saliva test for Covid? With other cruise lines having break outs of Covid on board - perhaps these daily tests is what is having the greatest results for Viking?

Anyway - following along every day as you make cruising a reality 👏

Thank you and keep ‘em coming, 

Rose 🌹

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 34/152 - Sea Day - You ate how much?

Would love to see those “behind the scenes at Viking” videos. They sound fascinating.

I’m jealous of all your sea days! Our cruise next fall has only one. 

Our fabulous room stewards, Joey and Hazel, will be leaving us in March and February, respectively,  to go home to see their families after a long time at sea. We will really miss them. They do such an amazing job and are so nice. They work incredibly hard to keep our room so very clean and with a great attitude too.

Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 10.29.35 AM.png

• Like 8

Enjoy  this thread and the there bloggers who are reporting daily  on this World cruise. The  variety of food , special menus , are all mouth watering. Looks like the officers and crew are  having fun at the equator ceremony.  

Thanks for the photos of the great crew that are working hard. I did love the post about the housekeeping and laundry staff.  

How many  world cruisers are aboard?  Does the WC have segments that other will join you in the coming weeks? thanks to  WCers who take time to   post here for the rest of us to read and follow from home. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lswankel said:

Am following with great interest as we are taking this world cruise in 2022. Thanks to all blogger for your journals! 

This is our first WC. It is so great! Totally different when you have so many days to enjoy it! I understand why people go on multiple WC’s!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Azulann said:

Enjoy  this thread and the there bloggers who are reporting daily  on this World cruise. The  variety of food , special menus , are all mouth watering. Looks like the officers and crew are  having fun at the equator ceremony.  

Thanks for the photos of the great crew that are working hard. I did love the post about the housekeeping and laundry staff.  

How many  world cruisers are aboard?  Does the WC have segments that other will join you in the coming weeks? thanks to  WCers who take time to   post here for the rest of us to read and follow from home. 

Around 515 world cruisers are aboard.

This cruise had two segments - Ft. Lauderdale to LA and LA to London (optionally Bergen) so everyone is on the ship now that will be on the ship, with the exception of entertainers and crew swaps.

4 hours ago, SteelCity Cruiser said:

I am really enjoying your blog and photos and living your cruise vicariously!  My "start of the day" routine now consists of coffee, check email, check the news, check the World Cruise and South Pacific blogs!

I too am enjoying the (3 that I know of) Viking world cruise blogs. Thanks to the bloggers for faithfully reporting. It is interesting to get the different takes on the same cruise! 

Can you share the links of the South Pacific blogs you follow? Winters are long and hard here in Minnesota and until we are ready to cruise again, I will have to get my travel fix vicariously through others. 

4 hours ago, AryMay said:

I too am enjoying the (3 that I know of) Viking world cruise blogs. Thanks to the bloggers for faithfully reporting. It is interesting to get the different takes on the same cruise! 

I too am enjoying all the blogs.  Thanks to all the bloggers.

• Thanks 1

The difference is point of view. We all write about what speaks to us, what we want to remember, how we're feeling about things. And when we're in port, we'll likely be on different excursions too! For me, the blog is my souvenir.  A year from now, I want to read it to remember what I was doing, what I was learning and experiencing and feeling, to take stock of how travel changes me. 

And to that end, here's another post https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/day-21-welcome-to-our-home-away-from.html  . It's a video tour of Cabin 4008, our home away from home! Hope you'll come in and feel welcome!

• Like 5