Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

3 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

This was my first blog and i am not very proficient in its workings.  When i go to it whether on my cell phone or tablet, there are 3 horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner.  If you click on them, you will see Archives and a v (pointing down thingie).  It you click on the v you get the months with the different chapters.  For example April 2020 (2).  We went Santiago to Buenas Aires so Chile to Cape Horn will be in earlier months.

Thanks I found it.  When I started my blog, I had the option of adding an archive to the sidebar.  Things have obviously changed to accommodate smaller iDevices.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

Thanks I found it.  When I started my blog, I had the option of adding an archive to the sidebar.  Things have obviously changed to accommodate smaller iDevices.  Thanks for sharing.

I know I have seen the archive as a sidebar.  Perhaps it is when I use my laptop.

4 hours ago, Diveloonie said:

I am loving all the WC blogs and following along!  I am having a harder time reading the kolbsontheroad.blogspot.com because of the background.  

I for one have no problem with Garry’s blog - and the background colour 🙄 hope he leaves it as is, it is after all his Blog 😏

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 29/152 - Sea Day - Bridge over untroubled waters

My eyes adjusted to the bright background, I think I need sunglasses!!!  What is next? A proposal to allow blue jeans and tee shirts in the dining room?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 29/152 - Sea Day - Bridge over untroubled waters

Your blog is so much easier to read now and the photos are better too. Thank you for removing the black background, which made reading very difficult.

i really appreciate all you do.

• Like 2

So good to see Captain Olaf, the Captain on our last cruise Sydney to UK,via Sth Africa..Viking Sun. A fine man in every respect,managing crew and passengers in such a personable way,remembering our names and Country of origin, and coming back to update previous conversations.. Very happy ship in so many ways... Your Blog is a very nice link to dreams past and present, as a fellow blogger, I understand it is a mission ,but a pleasure. My books [ press a link and it becomes one] are now a delightful link to all cruises past ,like sailing all over again, and recalling details forgotten.. Sail on,and we appreciate everything you write and photograph. I would not dream of asking you to change a thing.!🤔

I learned two new words! 

This reminds me of the first time a heard a song by my favorite British/American singer/songwriter James Maddock.  There was a line in one of his songs about "faggots chase the plastic spoons racing down the drain."  I didn't understand, googled, and found a picture/description of FOOD! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I learned two new words! 

This reminds me of the first time a heard a song by my favorite British/American singer/songwriter James Maddock.  There was a line in one of his songs about "faggots chase the plastic spoons racing down the drain."  I didn't understand, googled, and found a picture/description of FOOD! 

I had a bit of a shock when shopping in a British supermarket many years ago and came across an entree titled “Four Frozen Faggots in Gravy.” 😳 I think it may have been meatballs. My British hosts couldn’t figure out why I was doubled over laughing in the frozen food aisle. 

Edited by Twitchly
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Twitchly said:

I had a bit of a shock when shopping in a British supermarket many years ago and came across a frozen entree titled “Four Frozen Faggots in Gravy.” I think it may have been meatballs. 😳

Faggots are a common dish over here 🙂I had to Google why Alexa wouldn’t let me add them to my shopping list….  “Brains faggots”. is probably what you saw in a shop. Still sold. Brains is the company name, not what they’re made from!  Basically they are large soft meatballs. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise day 31/152 - Puntarenas, Costa Rica again - one month in, and it's a croc!

Great blog post. You asked for help identifying some of your birds… Your “little blue heron” appears to be a black crowned night heron and your “hawk” looks like a snail kite. We have both of them here in Florida. 😁

Sorry I've been remiss about posting when there's something new on my RoundTheWorldWriter blog. Blame it on fair seas, following winds, excellent food and company! But here are some links to our life on board the Star! 

World Cruise Day 10! The Bayeux Tapestry!  https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/day-10-beautiful-briny-sea.html

Days 11 & 12 Sea Days  https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/day-11-12-no-land-in-sight.html

Day 13 The Viking Difference! https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/viking-cruise-line-how-do-i-love-thee.html 

Day 14 Puntarenas, Costa Rica, our third "new-to-us" port! https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/day-14-puntarenas-costa-rica.html

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Aquadesiac said:

Sorry I've been remiss about posting when there's something new on my RoundTheWorldWriter blog. Blame it on fair seas, following winds, excellent food and company! But here are some links to our life on board the Star! 

World Cruise Day 10! The Bayeux Tapestry!  https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/day-10-beautiful-briny-sea.html

Days 11 & 12 Sea Days  https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/day-11-12-no-land-in-sight.html

Day 13 The Viking Difference! https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/viking-cruise-line-how-do-i-love-thee.html 

Day 14 Puntarenas, Costa Rica, our third "new-to-us" port! https://roundtheworldwriter.blogspot.com/2022/01/day-14-puntarenas-costa-rica.html

If I have not before done so, I want to thank you for your blog.  I have been following the other two blogs and  I enjoy the different perspectives.  We love to travel, but not so extensively (Viking Istanbul to Venice in May and HAL Quebec City to Boston with 3 stops in Newfoundland in September) but I love to travel vicariously and have done so since laying on the couch reading National Geo as a child in the 60's

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise day 31/152 - Puntarenas, Costa Rica again - one month in, and it's a croc!

Your photo of the unidentified heron intrigued me.  Here is a photo of the full breeding plumage of an adult yellow crowned night heron and an immature.  Although the artistic rendering makes it look brownish, the description says gray plumage, small white flecks.  Hmmm...

IMG_20220124_131242932_HDR~2.jpg

6 hours ago, Buckwheel said:

Great blog post. You asked for help identifying some of your birds… Your “little blue heron” appears to be a black crowned night heron and your “hawk” looks like a snail kite. We have both of them here in Florida. 😁

Great bird photos.  Wish I were there!  I think your "great blue heron" is an agami heron, and the tiger heron is a fasciated tiger heron.  Concur with Buckwheel on the BC night heron and snail kite.  Thanks again

• Thanks 1