In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Looks like your thread may have made a difference...

I saw that. His experience is quite different from ours. They never took my temperature or blood ox levels. Not even in medical. 

11 hours ago, Parkerson said:

I saw that. His experience is quite different from ours. They never took my temperature or blood ox levels. Not even in medical. 

@Parkerson  Yes … he seems to be getting much better treatment on the Constellation.  Either Celebrity learned from your thread and the email that was sent to them … or they just have way fewer passengers and are not as overwhelmed as the Equinox was.  It’s just too bad that you and your neighbours on the 6th deck had to go through what you did. 

Whatever the reason … I’m happy … & hoping that Celebrity will be treating their Positive passengers way better going forward.  

18 hours ago, Parkerson said:

Yes, they do seem to be much more prepared on my cruise. They had sectioned deck 7 forward off early in the cruise and seem to have clear protocols in place from the beginning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wblotner said:

Just curious if you’re being offered anything as far as compensation. Missed ports and of course the quarantining.

I’ve heard nothing so far. I called guest relations on-board and was told that they were “working on that” and they would let us know. She said that they would credit the card on file with a refund for the days in quarantine. 

I haven’t felt great the last few days, so I haven’t followed up. I’m going to get an email off this weekend and see if I can make some headway. 

Our travel agent has also emailed them requesting they provide compensation. 

@Parkerson … do you, by any chance, have a notice from Celebrity about their post cruise coverage for Positive passengers?  I remember reading that Celebrity will cover $350./night for hotel and $100./day for meals.  Today on FB, someone posted this notice … $150./day for hotel and $100./day pp for meals.   I know most passengers were sent to the 4 Points Sheraton.  I’m curious how much Celebrity  actually allotted for hotels.  

image.jpeg.eadcb5e03e783d5ff9ededc834ed404c.jpeg

Edited by luv2cruise0611
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, luv2cruise0611 said:

@Parkerson … do you, by any chance, have a notice from Celebrity about their post cruise coverage for Positive passengers?  I remember reading that Celebrity will cover $300.or $350./night for hotel and $100./day for meals.  Today on FB, someone posted this notice … $150./day for hotel and $100./day pp for meals.   I know most passengers were sent to the 4 Points Sheraton.  I’m curious how much Celebrity  actually allotted for hotels.  

I wish we could see the date of this notice.  Most recent reimbursements I have seen, from very recent cruisers are what you state, per day, $350/hotel  and $100/meals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I wish we could see the date of this notice.  Most recent reimbursements I have seen, from very recent cruisers are what you state, per day, $350/hotel  and $100/meals.

The lady who posted it just got off the Millenium on Thursday, Jan. 6th … so I imagine she got it just before disembarkation.

I also remember seeing this and it stating $350/night for hotel - guess they had to 'economize' given the number of people getting sick and need quarantine?  So now only $150/night which is pretty limiting (and I guess you would personally be responsible for the difference should you choose something more expensive!)

13 minutes ago, Froufie said:

I also remember seeing this and it stating $350/night for hotel - guess they had to 'economize' given the number of people getting sick and need quarantine?  So now only $150/night which is pretty limiting (and I guess you would personally be responsible for the difference should you choose something more expensive!)

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is it could be embarkation/dis-embarkation port specific and/or varies by the time of year vs a blanket fulltime fixed rate.  I also wonder whether the per night rate covers the taxes or the mandatory resort fees if there are any.

3 hours ago, luv2cruise0611 said:

@Parkerson … do you, by any chance, have a notice from Celebrity about their post cruise coverage for Positive passengers?  I remember reading that Celebrity will cover $350./night for hotel and $100./day for meals.  Today on FB, someone posted this notice … $150./day for hotel and $100./day pp for meals.   I know most passengers were sent to the 4 Points Sheraton.  I’m curious how much Celebrity  actually allotted for hotels.  

3 hours ago, luv2cruise0611 said:

I think I messed up my reply. Post #323. 

Edited by Parkerson

9 hours ago, Parkerson said:

I’ve heard nothing so far. I called guest relations on-board and was told that they were “working on that” and they would let us know. She said that they would credit the card on file with a refund for the days in quarantine. 

I haven’t felt great the last few days, so I haven’t followed up. I’m going to get an email off this weekend and see if I can make some headway. 

Our travel agent has also emailed them requesting they provide compensation. 

When you are feeling better you may want to make a phone call to Captain.s Club re your prorated refund of cruise fare.  I chased down our refund by calling very early in the morning.  Once the process was initiated the refund to my credit card still took over a month.

3 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

When you are feeling better you may want to make a phone call to Captain.s Club re your prorated refund of cruise fare.  I chased down our refund by calling very early in the morning.  Once the process was initiated the refund to my credit card still took over a month.

In your case, did you need to supply some evidence of your 'experience' to them that you received aboard, or did they already have full records to work from on their end?

2 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Could be they're getting group rates now (i.e. Four Points). 

I don't think you have to go to that hotel - I believe you can choose where you wish to isolate and the would now only reimburse you $150/night....  I believe some people were saying this property was not that nice?

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

In your case, did you need to supply some evidence of your 'experience' to them that you received aboard, or did they already have full records to work from on their end?

When I called CC the rep on the phone was able to verify that my partner and myself were both close contacts.  She had a list of names.  At first she was just refunding my one day’s worth of cruise fare.  So I informed her we were both contact traced and quarantined for the one night.  She was very easy to work with.  Our last Luminae meal of the cruise just wasn’t the same in quarantine without the amazing Luminae crew on Equinox, but a least it was served on real china with real cutlery.😁

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Froufie said:

I don't think you have to go to that hotel - I believe you can choose where you wish to isolate and the would now only reimburse you $150/night....  I believe some people were saying this property was not that nice?

Then again, it might also depend on cabin category.

6 hours ago, Parkerson said:

I didn’t do that last reply correctly. The memo I received is on my post #323. 

Here it is again. 

EF7F13D7-CB83-4206-A669-638B7A6B9B36.jpeg

Thanks for sharing.  

On your notice, there is no mention of return flights home.  I’m sure they said they will cover commercial flights home or pay for change fees up to $400.00.  Is that not written anywhere?

It appears that on the new notice, from only 4 days later, Jan. 6/22, they have now reduced the hotel allowance from $350./day to $150./day.  WOW … what a difference.  I wonder if it’s because of the growing numbers. 

When I was looking for a hotel for the night before my cruise in Feb/22 … I could not find prices that low for a reasonably decent hotel.   And just now,  out of curiosity, I decided to check out the prices for the Four Points Sheraton in Dania Beach … and guess what … their site says they are SOLD OUT … for all February and March.  I wonder if they have reserved the hotel for only QUARANTINED COVID guests from ships.  Hmmm
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Then again, it might also depend on cabin category.

Hmmm... good point.  I distinctly recall that this is how the airlines used to manage it.  Got stuck in Seattle (not quarantine, just mechanical issues) when our flight for Tokyo was cancelled.  Some of us were put up at the Hilton, but most were sent to the local Red Lion or something along those lines.  The difference was 1st/business vs. economy.

We know Parkerson was in a suite.  Do we know the cabin class for the passenger who received the $150 rather than $350 offer?  I think @LGW59 posted the FB $150 offer.  Wonder if the cabin class of the FB passenger is also known?

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

Hmmm... good point.  I distinctly recall that this is how the airlines used to manage it.  Got stuck in Seattle (not quarantine, just mechanical issues) when our flight for Tokyo was cancelled.  Some of us were put up at the Hilton, but most were sent to the local Red Lion or something along those lines.  The difference was 1st/business vs. economy.

We know Parkerson was in a suite.  Do we know the cabin class for the passenger who received the $150 rather than $350 offer?  I think @LGW59 posted the FB $150 offer.  Wonder if the cabin class of the FB passenger is also known?

Good point.  I don’t know what cabin class that passenger was.  it could be class dependant.  

But MoJo65, from this thread, also posted on FB that she was told she could go to a hotel for up to $350./night … and she ended up in the 4 Points Sheraton.  She did mention that she didn’t want to have to search for a hotel on her own so she decided to go where Celebrity was sending most everybody.  I have no idea what class cabin she was in.

Which hotel $ amount they alot for you could be cabin class dependant … but if it is … that’s just wrong.   This is not just one night before a flight … this could be up to 14 days, if you’re returning to Canada … and for that period of time … a possibly sick person should get better treatment and be put up in a fine establishment. 

But my guess is … perhaps with the rapidly growing numbers, they just reduced the daily hotel allowance. I’m giving them the benefit of doubt.  I personally think they should have met it somewhere in between … maybe $200-$250./night.   But I guess they found a hotel that fits their bill.   MoJo65 said the 4 Points is only $140. 

• Like 1

So if I had to guess why the amount was decreased from $350 to $150, here it is:

The new CEO of RCG is Jason Liberty. His previous title was CFO. Once he caught wind of the amount cruisers were receiving he clutched his chest and said who the heck decided that?  We don’t need them staying at the Ritz Carlton. Motel Six will be just fine. 

This may not be the exact reason, but I’d bet that whoever came up with the $350 per day probably didn’t run a spread sheet to estimate how many guests could be quarantined, for how many days and how long this situation will last and once someone did, the total $$$ came to a pretty big number. 

Just did a quick search and the Four Points Sheraton Airport/Cruiseport is $195/night including all taxes. That was first week of February. 

Edited by RICCruisers
Additional information
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, luv2cruise0611 said:

Good point.  I don’t know what cabin class that passenger was.  it could be class dependant.  

But MoJo65, from this thread, also posted on FB that she was told she could go to a hotel for up to $350./night … and she ended up in the 4 Points Sheraton.  She did mention that she didn’t want to have to search for a hotel on her own so she decided to go where Celebrity was sending most everybody.  I have no idea what class cabin she was in.

Which hotel $ amount they alot for you could be cabin class dependant … but if it is … that’s just wrong.   This is not just one night before a flight … this could be up to 14 days, if you’re returning to Canada … and for that period of time … a possibly sick person should get better treatment and be put up in a fine establishment. 

But my guess is … perhaps with the rapidly growing numbers, they just reduced the daily hotel allowance. I’m giving them the benefit of doubt.  I personally think they should have met it somewhere in between … maybe $200-$250./night.   But I guess they found a hotel that fits their bill.   MoJo65 said the 4 Points is only $140. 

There are a few hotels by FLL for that amount ones like Hampton inn or Homewood Suites, etc.

But you would have to arrange your own food delivery since most of those at that price do not have in house restaurants with room service.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

For the record, we were not in a suite. We’re we’re in a regular balcony room 8121. 

I think that everyone that was positive on our Equinox cruise were placed on the 6th floor regardless of original booking (correct me if that’s not right). 

Seems to me that they’re trying to reel-in their costs. The way I read it was that I could’ve gone to ANY hotel of my choice, using their provided transportation, and been reimbursed up to $350 per day plus $100 for food. It sounded like everyone just took celebrity’s offer of the 4 points without balking. 

In addition, we could have rented a separate car since one of us was negative to drive home and been reimbursed up to $150 per day.  At least that’s how I read it. 

We chose to stay safe, not get a room, and drive our own vehicle home. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4