I just spoke to one of the "new hires". OMG

esther e

14 hours ago, marieps said:

OMG, I didn't scroll down do read all the love for Bo before I posted!!!  Sorry, not sorry. 😊

Thank you m - I Am, albeit a short period of time as in 12 years, Roswellian....

bon voyage

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

You need no defense for being considerate...

Methinks it was the way it was written, yet I understood that you were...

Most of us here on CC know the posters who are less than considerate and would hotly call them out on it as their posts are directly so even here... LOL

bon voyage

If you knew me in person you would know I am definitely one to make waves or ever be inconsiderate to anyone.  People who work in restaurants or customer service of any sort are to be admired because everyone is not nice to them.  Happily I admit to NOT being one of them...my parents taught me respect and I've passed it down to my kids and they to their kids.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

m - you have no idea as to how many computer screens I have had to replace after trying brow beat a few members here.... LOL

bon voyage

There goes my day !!!

Now, I feel guilty for some of my posts I've posted referring to posts others posted on CC.

Just for that, I'm going to Tim Hortons for a couple ( 3 ) donuts and a large coffee and " try " to get rid of my guilt ( ?? ) feelings. 

( I think staying home because of Covid makes one ( Me ) " punchy " which leads to eating too many donuts -- which leads to " paunchy " ). 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

There goes my day !!!

Now, I feel guilty for some of my posts I've posted referring to posts others posted on CC.

Just for that, I'm going to Tim Hortons for a couple ( 3 ) donuts and a large coffee and " try " to get rid of my guilt ( ?? ) feelings. 

( I think staying home because of Covid makes one ( Me ) " punchy " which leads to eating too many donuts -- which leads to " paunchy " ). 

LOL p - nothing like taking a cruise, wearing your mask and taking a two (2) hour walk on the upper deck, that may help with the "paunch"....

bon voyage

10 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

There goes my day !!!

Just roll with the punches. You have a right to your opinion. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bo1953 said:

LOL p - nothing like taking a cruise, wearing your mask and taking a two (2) hour walk on the upper deck, that may help with the "paunch"....

bon voyage

LOL--- Can't do-- no cruises at this time for Pinboy and " you know who " --- especially now,  after reading what some people are experiencing .

FYI--- I take a 4 hr drive/walk 4 times a week on a golf course and the " paunch " doesn't go away. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL--- Can't do-- no cruises at this time for Pinboy and " you know who " --- especially now,  after reading what some people are experiencing .

FYI--- I take a 4 hr drive/walk 4 times a week on a golf course and the " paunch " doesn't go away. 

As Mark Twain never said “Golf is a good walk spoiled”

Or do you just walk around the course but don’t play golf?😉

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

Only if you don't take your rest breaks at the Mast Grill. 😄

• Haha 1

Part of the issue industry wide, they're basically sales people; once the agent realized it was beyond a new booking with new money, they transferred them.  This is industry wide, in most cases you cannot cancel your cable/internet online, you need to call in and will be transferred to sales who will attempt to talk you out of it.

22 minutes ago, Terre said:

But if you are a first time cruiser, would you think it was incorrect?

Maybe I am. Speaking only for myself, yes. Just based on the time frame on rebooking and sail by date.  As a first time cruiser I would have a TA or a Celebrity Cruises TA (VP). 

Edited by davekathy

On 1/4/2022 at 3:04 PM, esther e said:

I had a question about FCCs and the lady I spoke with went over my booking.  She wasn't able to pronounce Constellation or Curacao.  I gave her a pass on that.   However, when she told me I had to make a new reservation by January 31 and sail by May, I questioned it.  She also said it would be 45-60 days to get my FCC info.  Obviously there are less than 45 days to the end of this month.  She transferred me and I spoke to someone who gave me the correct information.  I worry about people who would take her at her word and not re-check.

Just curious - what was the correct information from the second person?

On 1/5/2022 at 1:16 AM, esther e said:

spoke to the agent she transferred me to and there was nothing she could do.  I just have to wait it out for the dreaded email to come through.

That is worrying.

When we cancelled on 17th April 2020 for our 1st August 2020 cruise, we were NEVER issued with a FCC, or sent an email. The TA said ‘just give your booking reference when you rebook.’

In September 2020, we had notification from Celebrity of an extension to the booking window, where we could use FCC, so I knew they were aware of one on our records.

Eventually, when we rebooked on 30th April 2021, I gave the agent our previous booking reference and she phoned Celebrity. The FCC was used as our deposit( that was all its value).