Just entered isolation/quarantine on Constellation

Quarantined

When Guest Relations called to check in on me earlier I mentioned that I missed the Bulgari products from the suite bathroom. They promised to take care of it, and just now delivered as promised. 

(Is the picture upside down? Preview won’t let me change the orientation)

54E52959-CC32-4B4E-BEFA-DC28921481E6.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Quarantined said:

(Is the picture upside down? Preview won’t let me change the orientation)

It is, but now it's not. 😉   Hope you continue to feel better, and glad about your wife testing negative.

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQZAtzcykDek3iqWAQg4iYtAldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1641579821

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thank you for posting. We sail on the Equinox on Sunday and then on the Constellation on Jan. 24th. We bought N95 masks and are keeping our fingers crossed that our tests are negative tomorrow morning and our flight actually takes off. Hope we are able to continue reading about your "adventure" while we are onboard. Glad you are not feeling seriously ill and that your wife is negative.  Hope you don't get too bored. Can you order bottles of wine?  (If a person isn't suite class)?

Will they test you every few days?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, abbydancer said:

On our Summit cruise, there were two under 12 kids with their moms who seemed to take the mask rule (unvaccinated people had to wear them on board).  They were talked to by the retreat concierge, the suite manager, and guest services.  I thought they should have been removed in Cozumel and banned for life.  Maybe that's just me.

We may have been on the same Summit cruise  (11/13 sailing).    Mama and I both commented about seeing two younglings running around during the entire cruise without masks.    When we saw them, if they went left, we went right.    Luckily, with only 522 on board, it was easy to avoid them.

• Like 1

If you feel 100% can you ask for a retest to get out of quarantine? (Assuming enough time) Asking this since the new 5 day CDC “guidelines” came out. 

Also are they still announcing how many positive cases and if so how many so far have been reported? 

Edited by wiredforflight
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, zdad59 said:

We may have been on the same Summit cruise  (11/13 sailing).    Mama and I both commented about seeing two younglings running around during the entire cruise without masks.    When we saw them, if they went left, we went right.    Luckily, with only 522 on board, it was easy to avoid them.

Nope, we were on the 11/5 sailing.  I did ding them on their health and safety score, but I explained it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wiredforflight said:

If you feel 100% can you ask for a retest to get out of quarantine? (Assuming enough time) Asking this since the new 5 day CDC “guidelines” came out. 

I've read on CC that one of the cruise lines told passengers that those guidelines don't apply to folks on cruise ships.  Can't recall which cruise line board I read that on.  But whichever cruise line said that also stated that the time in quarantine on the ship would count towards the total needed on land. 

Unless it was Celebrity, it doesn't hurt to ask!

26 minutes ago, wiredforflight said:

Also are they still announcing how many positive cases and if so how many so far have been reported? 

I’m not 100 % sure to be honest - the wording of the information letter suggests I will be stuck in isolation for 10 days (or until the end of the cruise) regardless, but once I feel completely fine I will inquire about the possibility of testing again. 

I missed the captain’s announcement that was broadcast in the cabins yesterday (that’s Netflix and noice cancelling headphones for you), and today the announcement was only in public areas, so it wasn’t audible here. My impression is though that they only give a very generalised picture of above/below the 1 % that seems to be the standard of the islands denying ports of call. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, wishuponasea said:

Can you order bottles of wine?  (If a person isn't suite class)?

Will they test you every few days?

Everything that’s normally on the room service menu is available to me, as well as a la carte menus, and since I have a premium drink package they’ve made clear I’m perfectly welcome to order 2, 3, 4 or as many drinks as I would like at a time, without cost. I haven’t inquired about ordering wine by the bottle, so I don’t know if they would charge for that order or comp it. 

No word about further testing, but I will keep you updated as I learn more. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know being quarantined in a veranda state room is not what you hoped your vacation would be. I’m at home and trying to stay safe with my husband. I took four weeks off work to care for him after he fell and broke his pelvis. So, I’m not going to work, and there are no college classes during winter break. The only thing to look forward to each day is cooking dinner and doing the dishes. The highlight of my week is getting dressed up to go grocery shopping (early, early before the store gets crowded). I feel like I am quarantined as well.
This reminds me of early 2021, when we were going stir crazy. Hope this ends soon.

Take care, and I hope your experience continues well.

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit
  • Like 2

Quarantined,

Kudos for your positive attitude. Somehow you have failed to succumb to the "Me First" syndrome and spend your time playing the victim and the blame game. 

Really, really sorry that this happened to you. Really, really impressed with how you are handling it.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, tugboat said:

Didn’t you read the contact you agreed to before boarding it States they can change anything about your cruise, and you agreed to abide by it.

you should really those contacts in the future.

I don't know if you're being serious or trying to be cute.  They certainly can change things like ports, make masks required, etc..  But when they make commitments for your safe handling if you catch Covid then that's a whole different matter.  I don't think they are the same things at all.  If they can change anything about your cruise, then I guess by that logic they could change the price of things after you board and start charging you double.  They could move you from a Penthouse suite to an inside cabin for no reason at all and not refund your money.  And on and on.  Apples and oranges

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I've read on CC that one of the cruise lines told passengers that those guidelines don't apply to folks on cruise ships.  Can't recall which cruise line board I read that on.  But whichever cruise line said that also stated that the time in quarantine on the ship would count towards the total needed on land. 

Unless it was Celebrity, it doesn't hurt to ask!

I thought Celebrity was saying this as well.  Not sure if it was on their website or not or honestly where I heard it

OP

If you are starting to feel better, are there any stretching or exercise videos on the TV.? .you could also ask for a mat.,they stock them in AQ. Maybe exercise videos on line??

Nice you can eat and drink what you want but I would want to try to be active,.,if feeling up to itl

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

I don't know if you're being serious or trying to be cute.  They certainly can change things like ports, make masks required, etc..  But when they make commitments for your safe handling if you catch Covid then that's a whole different matter.  I don't think they are the same things at all.  If they can change anything about your cruise, then I guess by that logic they could change the price of things after you board and start charging you double.  They could move you from a Penthouse suite to an inside cabin for no reason at all and not refund your money.  And on and on.  Apples and oranges

You are sounding really angry.  There have been probably hundreds of cruisers, if not more, who have come down with Omicron in the last few weeks and med-flighting them on a private jet home is unrealistic.  

Edited by Oville
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Oville said:

You are sounding really angry.  There have been probably hundreds of cruisers, if not more, who have come down with Omicron in the last few weeks and med-flighting them on a private jet home is unrealistic.  

I actually am quite angry with Celebrity about this.  I do agree that it would be unrealistic.  But that is what they promised, and now they can't deliver.  So IMHO they should allow people to cancel and get a full refund rather than having to take FCC  if they booked during the timeframe when that promise was made.  

I also get tired of some of the snarky comments people are making on these boards.  Times are stressful enough without that going on.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I actually am quite angry with Celebrity about this.  I do agree that it would be unrealistic.  But that is what they promised, and now they can't deliver.  So IMHO they should allow people to cancel and get a full refund rather than having to take FCC  if they booked during the timeframe when that promise was made.  

I also get tired of some of the snarky comments people are making on these boards.  Times are stressful enough without that going on.  

If someone politely disagrees with you, is that the same as snarky? I would politely disagree with you, specifically I don’t believe they ever promised what you thought they had promised with respect to medical evacuations. But I won’t say anything if you think that would be snarky, and will just let you alone in your bubble.

Happy cruising to all, sooner than later, please!

Stan

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Didn’t mean to be snarky.  We had final payment coming up on an April cruise and decided to bolt. The April cruise already had $3,500 of FCC applied to it with another $3,000 due on January 10th.  So we took our chances and will apply the $3,500 FCC to a November cruise, fingers crossed.  At the end of the day we could end up out of pocket a lot of money but I’m not complaining, we are healthy as are our families and most friends.   Am I angry, no, thrilled no, but hope things work out in November. We long ago stopped worrying about it.

Edited by Oville
  • Like 2

Having followed Parkerson's recent quarantine and now Quarantined's isolation experience, I've also decided to take a break from cruising for awhile.  Even though I was refunded for the 2 days I was quarantined on Equinox in September, the chance of spending the majority of a cruise in isolation is too great a risk.  With all my FCCs, my next cruise, an October TA, will be just about paid in full.

• Like 2

@Quarantined … After reading how the quarantined passengers were treated on the Equinox (on the ‘In Quarantine’ thread) it does seem that they are definitely treating you better on the Constellation.   Glad your symptoms are mild and that your wife is Negative.   

I have to be honest … after reading all these quarantine stories … I have my doubts about my upcoming B2B cruises.  It’s already paid in full so I may just take another few weeks to decide.

Cancelling would be sad enough but I realize that even if we get an FCC for the two cruises combined (21 days) … it probably won’t even cover one future 12 day cruise with the new, much higher prices.  We do have another 10 day cruise already booked for June but the FCC we would get would more than cover the balance for that one and we would have left over.  

Does anyone know if you use an FCC and there’s still a balance left on it … do they issue you another FCC for that balance? 

Please keep us updated on your progress.  And let us know if you hear that your floor is getting full with more Positive passengers.  I imagine there will be way less than what was on the Equinox?  That ship had so many passengers because it was a Christmas/New Years cruise.  The Equinox just got overwhelmed with cases.  I’m sure the Constellation will fare much better. 

10 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I know being quarantined in a veranda state room is not what you hoped your vacation would be. I’m at home and trying to stay safe with my husband. I took four weeks off work to care for him after he fell and broke his pelvis. So, I’m not going to work, and there are no college classes during winter break. The only thing to look forward to each day is cooking dinner and doing the dishes. The highlight of my week is getting dressed up to go grocery shopping (early, early before the store gets crowded). I feel like I am quarantined as well.
This reminds me of early 2021, when we were going stir crazy. Hope this ends soon.

Take care, and I hope your experience continues well.

Thanks for sharing.  Some are being very negative about how exactly cruise lines are handling the COVID protocols.  We need to not forget that in general any health issue causes major issues.  Many of us have experienced bad cases of the flu, noro,  pneumonia, etc while cruising or traveling.

I do appreciate the reports to set expectations.  Having just done land travel that was impacted by one of us having symptoms, where we had to deal with all the issues alone such as no testing available in the area;  I can notice some things that the cruises lines are doing that are positive.

Just hoping the situation gets better with time.

Information such as what the OP is providing is very helpful.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

If you are presently booked, have you already written or considered writing Celebrity to ask for a full refund for the reasons you state? That may get you more definitive results than venting your anger here. (Sincere question, not intended to be snarky.)

Thank you all for your kind words, they really are much appreciated! I try to make the best of the situation, though this of course isn’t the kind of cruise I was hoping for. I’m normally very physically active, so not being able to go for walks is one of the hardest things about being cooped up in a cabin. I obviously miss my wife a lot as well, but it’s a comfort to know that she is healthy and well taken care of by the amazing staff onboard. 

I appreciate having a balcony. The last two days I haven’t gotten any sun on my balcony, since it been facing north the whole time, but this morning I’m getting a few minutes at least. I would except more sun later on in the cruise as well. 

My symptoms keep being mild, a dry cough and about one degree (Celsius) of fever if I’m not taking the Tylenol provided to me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

If you are presently booked, have you already written or considered writing Celebrity to ask for a full refund for the reasons you state? That may get you more definitive results than venting your anger here. (Sincere question, not intended to be snarky.)

I agree with Caribbean Chris!  I have cruised twice since August because of X Covid policies snd praised them on other cruise line boards,  Now with the quarantine situation on board so undesirable and filled with uncertainty X should be offering refunds for those who booked with their original Cruise With Confidence Policy  in effect. Reading all the “In Quarantine “threads on CC and FB is certainly an eye opener and cause for concern. 

• Like 2