Has Infinity summer been cancelled

york survey

2 hours ago, phe8800 said:

I asked Celebrity, and was told today, that: 

“We inform you that in this moment we do not have a official communication regarding this topic. The cruise is confirmed for this moment.

If will be new information regarding this topic, please be aware that you will receive a notification by email regarding this.”

That is the same story we got about our Infinity cruise that was supposed to have sailed last September up to the day they finally canceled in June.

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Not one single person who has responded here "knows", they are surmising, assuming, wishing and hoping.  The Magic 8 Ball is still resting. 

You raise a good point.  Unless you work for Celebrity you don't know and you can't answer these questions.

Like with Eclipse taking over in South America from the Infinity.  I know it's a repositioning cruise, but how/why/when did they decide to have Eclipse take over the routes?  I know it's happening, but I couldn't tell you why.  If I knew why, then maybe I could "guess" what will happen to Infinity in Europe.

51 minutes ago, zitsky said:

You raise a good point.  Unless you work for Celebrity you don't know and you can't answer these questions.

Like with Eclipse taking over in South America from the Infinity.  I know it's a repositioning cruise, but how/why/when did they decide to have Eclipse take over the routes?  I know it's happening, but I couldn't tell you why.  If I knew why, then maybe I could "guess" what will happen to Infinity in Europe.

Z-man, I am going to set up a high-profile meeting with some X-Men big wigs, you and I will represent the masses. We'll do dinner at "3030 Ocean" one of Miami's best. We'll ply them with Blue-Fish Martinis  and Rib-Eye steaks until they come clean. Then, our own Blue-Fish Martinis in hand, we will toast to Infinity's pure, unadulterated sailing schedule through... well... infinity. 

I do not like seeing you fraught with uncertainty.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The plan for Eclipse to take over the South America routes December 2023 and Winter 2024 was announced last month.

Lines move ships around frequently even in normal times.

The concern is Infinity for NEXT winter season.

Hopefully the fact that they are selling two years out will make them disinclined to outright cancel next year, but rather substitute a ship if in fact Infinity leaves the fleet.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:02 AM, zitsky said:

When you look at a cruise and a category is unavailable, how do you know when it’s just full or when Celebrity is playing games?

I’m on Oct 12 sailing and categories are unavailable or guarantee.

You don't.   This has been discussed in several threads.  Celebrity can block cabins.  TAs also can have unsold cabins in their group blocks.  For example we are on the Summit this summer.  Verandas, Concierge and Aqua shows sold out yet my TA has several cabins on all three categories.   Presume likely there are other TAs holding cabins as well.

1 hour ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Z-man, I am going to set up a high-profile meeting with some X-Men big wigs, you and I will represent the masses. We'll do dinner at "3030 Ocean" one of Miami's best. We'll ply them with Blue-Fish Martinis  and Rib-Eye steaks until they come clean. Then, our own Blue-Fish Martinis in hand, we will toast to Infinity's pure, unadulterated sailing schedule through... well... infinity. 

Maybe toast to Infinity sailing into the sunset?

1 hour ago, foodsvcmgr said:

The plan for Eclipse to take over the South America routes December 2023 and Winter 2024 was announced last month.

Lines move ships around frequently even in normal times.

The concern is Infinity for NEXT winter season.

Hopefully the fact that they are selling two years out will make them disinclined to outright cancel next year, but rather substitute a ship if in fact Infinity leaves the fleet.

Ya, that all makes total since, Eclipse returning to the old route before all this 'interruption' happened.  I was on the Eclipse, South American cruise,  when the first news of the 'disease' was coming out.  

When you advertise and take peoples money, you have an obligation to fulfill your end as a cruise line (obviously barring force majeure and lockdowns etc)

I really hope this is just a marketing strategy or diverting sales to a specific channel etc.

There is also that the longer they take if they mess with the ship , their customers could have booked and planned other options .......

13 minutes ago, TheShoot said:

When you advertise and take peoples money, you have an obligation to fulfill your end as a cruise line (obviously barring force majeure and lockdowns etc)

I really hope this is just a marketing strategy or diverting sales to a specific channel etc.

There is also that the longer they take if they mess with the ship , their customers could have booked and planned other options .......

As a consumer, you have an obligation to understand what you are purchasing and what the risks or possible inconveniences might be. You sign up early and in exchange for any special cost/amenities and choice of accommodations, you take an increased risk that the cruise will be subject to change or cancelation.  You also need to read the fine print as you consent to it when making the purchase.  Also recognize that you are merely making a token deposit, not a full purchase until a few months prior. Your comments above are overly simplistic and just plain incorrect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

If you do this count me in!  I will sign up for an Infinity cruise just to be part of this plan!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

As a consumer, you have an obligation to understand what you are purchasing and what the risks or possible inconveniences might be. You sign up early and in exchange for any special cost/amenities and choice of accommodations, you take an increased risk that the cruise will be subject to change or cancelation.  You also need to read the fine print as you consent to it when making the purchase.  Also recognize that you are merely making a token deposit, not a full purchase until a few months prior. Your comments above are overly simplistic and just plain incorrect.

I should have made it clearer Guppy. My comments is how I feel about it. They are not an opinion about right and wrong, risk reward and consumer obligations. I FEEL that they should not advertise something and then later decide to sell a boat for instance ! You cannot tell me how I feel about something is incorrect.

I differ from you regarding the deposit which I don't see as a token. I see it as a commitment from the consumer to fulfill an obligation. Now the line has to fulfill theirs.

I fully understand the reality of fine print as well as the world we live in currently, which is why I added a caveat too

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Also recognize that you are merely making a token deposit, not a full purchase until a few months prior.

An exception:  One of the major complaints you see expressed here occasionally is that some feel X has known about significant changes and cancellations prior to final payment, and announced them only immediately after final payment in order to lock in the $.

Don't know if that really happens, and only an X insider could prove it, but would certainly justify complaint if true.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Just saw another example:

Agree with you completely if that if its true. Again that will be covered in the fineprint. I do however feel that most peoples "obligation as a consumers" only extends to a point where if they get treated in an unsatisfactory manner or see that others do, I FEEL they will take my business elsewhere ....

Edited by TheShoot

21 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

You are just TOO funny!! 😁  And so generous and caring!!

3 hours ago, canderson said:

An exception:  One of the major complaints you see expressed here occasionally is that some feel X has known about significant changes and cancellations prior to final payment, and announced them only immediately after final payment in order to lock in the $.

Don't know if that really happens, and only an X insider could prove it, but would certainly justify complaint if true.

Conspiracy theories always abound among the uninformed. Like any other reasonable nn-paranoid person, I assume they have zero validity unless proven otherwise, with even marginal evidence. Inexcusable that we have the privilege of living in an "innocent until proven guilty" country (US that is) but the very same persons who rely on that protection are so very quick to assume otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheShoot said:

I should have made it clearer Guppy. My comments is how I feel about it. They are not an opinion about right and wrong, risk reward and consumer obligations. I FEEL that they should not advertise something and then later decide to sell a boat for instance ! You cannot tell me how I feel about something is incorrect.

I differ from you regarding the deposit which I don't see as a token. I see it as a commitment from the consumer to fulfill an obligation. Now the line has to fulfill theirs.

I fully understand the reality of fine print as well as the world we live in currently, which is why I added a caveat too

Then you don't understand the legal concepts of offer / acceptance and deposit/full payment and the conditions under which those things occur.  You should actually read the agreement you are signing when you accept an offer and make a deposit. Not what you think it should say or mean.

5 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Conspiracy theories always abound among the uninformed. Like any other reasonable nn-paranoid person, I assume they have zero validity unless proven otherwise, with even marginal evidence.

So many anecdotal cases, though.  The one I cited, above, is of a sort that sadly isn't uncommon.  We have also had cases where it was possible to book online a cancelled cruise.

Incompetence or conspiracy.  Pick one.

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

So many anecdotal cases, though.  The one I cited, above, is of a sort that sadly isn't uncommon.  We have also had cases where it was possible to book online a cancelled cruise.

Incompetence or conspiracy.  Pick one.

I would assume incompetence over conspiracy every time.

Seems you have issue with everyone else that has an opinion or feeling here Guppy

Please read my post again ... you misunderstand the gist of it

Canderson also qualified what he said .... I dont think he is "uninformed" (quite the opposite it seems) and also not a conspiracy theorist .... just a realist and (what my post also covers) and unhappy customer.

Anyway ... lets hope we can all still go cruising !

13 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

TheShoot says "Anyway ... lets hope we can all still go cruising !"

I'll raise a Bluefish Martini to that and hope things become clearer.

Mystery, incompetence, conspiracy. A novel in forum form. We should be reading this on a ship.

I'll raise a.....

Well said Spif B, well said ...

56 minutes ago, TheShoot said:

... just a realist and (what my post also covers) and unhappy customer.

Nope, we haven't been burned by a cruise cancelled right after final.  But we've seen others who have been.  Hard to imagine that X couldn't have made a decision on day 91 instead of day 89, providing their customers with much better options.