Military Promo. OBC

Cap'nWoody

@westerdam @aliaschief  Quick question, did you already have the "Have It All" on your reservation?

We are booked using the 2nd passenger 1/2 price without the Have It All (which works better for us).  Just trying to understand if you must Have It All in order to qualify for the Military OBC before submitting the form.  (Don't want to take a chance on them changing the rest of our reservation.)

Edit:  Just went back and read @Pardytime post, sounds like they did not change his/her reservation, just denied the Military OBC.

Edited by kb4683

3 hours ago, kb4683 said:

@westerdam @aliaschief  Quick question, did you already have the "Have It All" on your reservation?

We are booked using the 2nd passenger 1/2 price without the Have It All (which works better for us).  Just trying to understand if you must Have It All in order to qualify for the Military OBC before submitting the form.  (Don't want to take a chance on them changing the rest of our reservation.)

Edit:  Just went back and read @Pardytime post, sounds like they did not change his/her reservation, just denied the Military OBC.

We got the Military OBC on a 2nd passenger 1/2 price promo.  I had wondered about not having HIA but received confirmation of Military OBC yesterday.

When I called they told me my 18 day Hawaii circle trip wasnt included in the promotion even though it has a stop in Mexico. However, I decided to submit the form anyways and woke up to an email thanking me for my service and notifying me that $100 onboard credit has been added to my account. 🙂

Here's the direct link to the form:

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/militaryobc/

3 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

We got the Military OBC on a 2nd passenger 1/2 price promo.  I had wondered about not having HIA but received confirmation of Military OBC yesterday.

I submitted the request shortly after my post this morning and received email confirmation of DH's Military OBC at 12:14!  Pretty quick turnaround.

Thank you to all who have posted here and thank you for your service.

Since I initially booked my Alaska cruise through Princess before jumping ship to Holland, I wonder why Princess always gives a military OBC and Holland doesn't.  Yes, I know...separate companies but under the same umbrella.  Lots of experts here: any inside info into this decision? 

On 1/17/2022 at 7:02 PM, Umbarger said:

Does anyone know how they verify this?  All they asked was name and branch of service.  I thought they would want some sort of proof.  Like a DD214.

I am taking my DD241 and VA identification Card, just in case.  It doesn't appear necessary since the OBC is granted without it.  I am reading into this offer that the amenities of the Have it All package are included for all in the cabin.  Anyone else agree?   

43 minutes ago, carnivaljunkie said:

I am taking my DD241 and VA identification Card, just in case.  It doesn't appear necessary since the OBC is granted without it.  I am reading into this offer that the amenities of the Have it All package are included for all in the cabin.  Anyone else agree?   

That’s what I thought but someone else responded to my same question that we should check in with guest services for that. The cruise line may be able to check DEERS for eligibility. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Military, Healthcare & First Responder Offer is now extended to bookings by March 15, 2022 & sail by May 31, 2022.

They opened it up to 99 sailings. Check out Post #2 and click on 'Learn More', then scroll down to click on Redeem Offer.

It now applies to our May cruise and I just submitted our forms to redeem this offer. We also got it for our upcoming February cruise.👏

On 1/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, wdw1972 said:

I got my approval email today (healthcare worker) - think I applied a couple weeks or so ago.

Sue/WDW1972

Holland America Line Extends Military Onboard Spending Money Offer to Canadians; Now Includes First Responders and Healthcare Heroes for Select Cruises Through May 2022 (yahoo.com)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

@Love2cruise77 See Post #32. OBC given without having HIA.

What I was referring to are the additional amenities.  I think what HAL meant was if you booked the Have it all fare, you get those amenities (Shore Excursions, Drink Package, Specialty Dining, and Wi-Fi), not that it's part of the military appreciation offer.

The OBC is the military appreciation offer, which applies whether you booked the Have it all fare or not.

• Like 1

@Love2cruise77

Okay. That makes sense. It should also apply to healthcare & first responders whether you booked the HIA or not. Both my husband and I received it for our February cruise which we do have HIA. I just submitted it for both of us for our May cruise which we do not have HIA. I am Nurse & hubby is Police. Haven't heard back yet. We shall see.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:22 AM, SUESEABE said:

The Military, Healthcare & First Responder Offer is now extended to bookings by March 15, 2022 & sail by May 31, 2022.

They opened it up to 99 sailings. Check out Post #2 and click on 'Learn More', then scroll down to click on Redeem Offer.

It now applies to our May cruise and I just submitted our forms to redeem this offer. We also got it for our upcoming February cruise.👏

Thanks so much for this information. I was able to submit a form for our May cruise also.

• Like 1