~ Ah..the Steam Room?~

topaz123

I think it was the Glory that had a actual Steam room, with windows facing the sea. It was a fabulous experience. Is this Steam Room still around today..I know that most of  Ships offer the sauna, etc. But the actual Steam room ( free) was a real experience.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

I think it was the Glory that had a actual Steam room, with windows facing the sea. It was a fabulous experience. Is this Steam Room still around today..I know that most of  Ships offer the sauna, etc. But the actual Steam room ( free) was a real experience.

I'd like to know if it's in the Glory.  I'm on her in 37 days!

• Like 1

OK....I got GLORY and MIRACLE having the steam "ROOM". It was fabulous..large enough for about 12 or so, flooded with steam and you can view the ocean as you steam away.  Any more Ships with this feature...it's sure hard to find...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topaz123 said:

OK....I got GLORY and MIRACLE having the steam "ROOM". It was fabulous..large enough for about 12 or so, flooded with steam and you can view the ocean as you steam away.  Any more Ships with this feature...it's sure hard to find...

Actually the window is so fogged with steam you can't see a thing out of it but then people walking by outside can't see in either 😉  The set up for free steam, sauna and multiple head shower jets with rainforest ceiling shower head is on the Spirit Class of ships: Spirit, Legend, Miracle and Pride.

• Like 1

There is a discussion on CC on Cruise Ship Steam Rooms/Saunas:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2488742-list-of-ships-with-free-steam-andor-sauna/

There is a link in the discussion to a listing of many ships from many lines and what the Steam Room/Sauna situation is.  Please make updates to the list if you have any -  It can be edited.

My suspicion is that some may be closed due to COVID.

Here is the link to the document.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit#gid=836403675

• Like 1

To summarize this, The Conquest class (Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Valor, Liberty) and Spirit class (Spirit, Miracle, Legend, Pride) ships have a free sauna and steam room with windows. The sauna on the Freedom didn't work super well, but it was still nice to look out at the ocean. Other ships usually have a free, but small, sauna or steam room in the locker rooms off the gym. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

To summarize this, The Conquest class (Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Valor, Liberty) and Spirit class (Spirit, Miracle, Legend, Pride) ships have a free sauna and steam room with windows. The sauna on the Freedom didn't work super well, but it was still nice to look out at the ocean. Other ships usually have a free, but small, sauna or steam room in the locker rooms off the gym. 

Not entirely true. The new trend is to remove the single sex sauna in the locker rooms and have one co-ed sauna that is complementary. The Sunrise is so (not sure about the Radiance but my bet it's the same setup as the Sunrise) and the brand new Mardi Gras is the same; no sauna in the respective men's or women's locker room  but one co-ed Sauna just outside the locker rooms. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, topaz123 said:

The steam room was definitely open on the Magic, DH went everyday every chance... 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:41 PM, kwokpot said:

Not entirely true. The new trend is to remove the single sex sauna in the locker rooms and have one co-ed sauna that is complementary. The Sunrise is so (not sure about the Radiance but my bet it's the same setup as the Sunrise) and the brand new Mardi Gras is the same; no sauna in the respective men's or women's locker room  but one co-ed Sauna just outside the locker rooms. 

Radiance has a free co-ed sauna for free. Steam room is extra cost

1 hour ago, DrSea said:

Radiance has a free co-ed sauna for free. Steam room is extra cost

I figured it would be the same set-up as the Sunrise instead of the Sunshine with separate men's and women's saunas. I think the Panorama will be the last ship recently built to have free separate men's and women's saunas.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2022 at 10:24 PM, RGEDad said:

There is a discussion on CC on Cruise Ship Steam Rooms/Saunas:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2488742-list-of-ships-with-free-steam-andor-sauna/

There is a link in the discussion to a listing of many ships from many lines and what the Steam Room/Sauna situation is.  Please make updates to the list if you have any -  It can be edited.

My suspicion is that some may be closed due to COVID.

Here is the link to the document.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ROCmeNSYj_VwCYs3IUjWbrcEomFeqOrvIDUnXG6GLTg/edit#gid=836403675

Fantastic....great info.....now I know why some cruisers cruise by SHIP not necessarily by destinations.

• 4 months later...