Feb. 2, 2022 Koningsdam Live Cruise Report, San Diego - Hawaii - San Diego

Looks like you both are having a great time.  You two are very photogenic.  The entertainment sounded good on the second night with the Jersey Tenors.  With regards to the pickle ball, did you bring your own racquets or did HAL provide them?  In the gym, all those people without masks, you would think they would want to be careful at least until they get tested the second time so that they don't have to go to quarantine before Hawaii and miss Hawaii ports, but that is just me.  If you are walking around, just wondering the room where they used to have the computer classes,  (I forget the name of the room) are they having art classes in there?  Hope you continue to have a great cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

Looks like you both are having a great time.  You two are very photogenic.  The entertainment sounded good on the second night with the Jersey Tenors.  With regards to the pickle ball, did you bring your own racquets or did HAL provide them?  In the gym, all those people without masks, you would think they would want to be careful at least until they get tested the second time so that they don't have to go to quarantine before Hawaii and miss Hawaii ports, but that is just me.  If you are walking around, just wondering the room where they used to have the computer classes,  (I forget the name of the room) are they having art classes in there?  Hope you continue to have a great cruise.

You are very kind.  LOL

We were just tested and now we are waiting in our cabin for 30 minutes, hoping the phone doesn't ring!

To answer some of your questions:

We brought our own paddles, but the ship does provide some paddles and balls.

We did cardio again this morning.  The gym hasn't been that crowded when we go, so maybe that is why some folks are comfortable not wearing a mask.  We are right there with you, and we want to be able to enjoy Hawaii and the rest of the cruise.

We walked past the room that was used for computer classes last evening, and the table tops are completely clear.  I don't know if they will start using that space after this round of testing is over.

Thanks again for your well wishes.

15 more minutes to wait now.

Bob & Steve

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Newly Retired Teachers said:

We were just tested and now we are waiting in our cabin for 30 minutes, hoping the phone doesn't ring ... 15 more minutes to wait now.

Bob & Steve

NO PHONE CALLS ALLOWED!!!  🙏

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Newly Retired Teachers said:

9F2E4240-735B-49EC-9C98-44467831664F.thumb.jpeg.0cadd53e9facbb082004d67d7897c767.jpeg

a post movie trivia celebration

AA12E69D-943A-4660-8A9C-E1D00B5D8269.thumb.jpeg.dff67d5f09776f4474bb1fe449ae616a.jpeg

Our take on Gala Night

What a dapper looking couple you are!  I’m enjoying your reports, thanks for taking the time to do them!

Smooth Sailing!

• Like 3

Passed our Covid test- 'No phone call'! Hawaii, here we come. Hoping it gets warmer as we get close. But will definitely continue to wear serious masks. PSA: I am amazed at the # of people who will pull down their mask from its most contaminated spot!! HANDLE MASKS ONLY FROM THE EDGES OR STRAPS! If you pull it down from the front, you are touching the one place it is intended to catch and STOP the virus! The front is a NO TOUCH zone! Wash hands immediately if you touch there.

• Like 4

On 2/3/2022 at 6:50 PM, DAllenTCY said:

The ships do not re-provision in Hawaii. 

By the time the prior 17 night reached San Diego the ship was low on just about everything.

Those items that were delivered to the pier days ago because they do not spoil, were the last to be loaded.

David

Oh wow! Did not know this! Was hoping for fresh Sushi out of Hawaii! Yikes!

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 9:00 AM, Chicanocruiser said:

Carlos, a crew member, stated that 1472 passengers boarded.

Nothing seems crowded this far. 

Wow! I have been on two MSC cruises (Nov and Jan) and I'm sailing a third in two weeks. Passenger volumes are generally around 1,000 or less on much larger ships. 1,500 pax on a 99k GT size ship feels very crowded to me in these sailing-with-Covid times. Well wishes!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sp00n said:

Just found out theres a grand total of two children on the entire ship. I guess they have all of Club HAL to themselves, lol. 

But according to their Dad, Club HAL is only taking them for 2 2-hour time periods per day, because there are only 2 kids on board.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, forwardho said:

I am curious about the ukulele, Hulu dancing and Hawaiian leis making. Do you sign up ahead? Is there a cost? 

There has never been a cost to attend any of these classes nor did you have to sign up ahead of time.  The only class that's limited is ukulele - it's first come, first serve since there are a limited number of instruments onboard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Newly Retired Teachers said:

But according to their Dad, Club HAL is only taking them for 2 2-hour time periods per day, because there are only 2 kids on board.

I hope there are more on our California Coast at the end of March.  Since it's our spring break, I assume that others might have the same thought as we did about a year ago and booked for spring break.  We will be on Koningsdam with our three kids and while I think that they will all do better with a kids club less crowded than say a carnival ship with 100's of kids, having just them would not be too fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Have any of you heard whether there were any people who tested positive during the onboard testing during the last two days?  

There are only "a few" passengers quarantined according to our waiter.  DH saw some masked staff removing the people (not sure if it was one or more) out of a cabin 3 doors from us yesterday afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1