Feb. 2, 2022 Koningsdam Live Cruise Report, San Diego - Hawaii - San Diego

The ships do not re-provision in Hawaii. 

By the time the prior 17 night reached San Diego the ship was low on just about everything.

Those items that were delivered to the pier days ago because they do not spoil, were the last to be loaded.

David

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

The ships do not re-provision in Hawaii. 

By the time the prior 17 night reached San Diego the ship was low on just about everything.

Those items that were delivered to the pier days ago because they do not spoil, were the last to be loaded.

David

Why do the ships not re-provision some items in Hawaii.  I love getting to Hawaii and getting fresh produce and other items.  Just curious.  Cherie

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cccole said:

Why do the ships not re-provision some items in Hawaii.  I love getting to Hawaii and getting fresh produce and other items.  Just curious.  Cherie

They do, for fresh things like locally grown produce and (YUMMM!! 😋) fresh catch ... and a real treat, fresh flower leis for everyone! (at least the two times we've sailed to or through the Hawaiian Islands)

Edited by zelker
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, zelker said:

They do, for fresh things like locally grown produce and (YUMMM!! 😋) fresh catch ... and a real treat, fresh flower leis for everyone! (at least the two times we've sailed to or through the Hawaiian Islands)

I wonder if this is still true in COVID times. I suspect not resuppying might we one of the ways Hawaii is restricting contact.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Love2cruise77 said:

It could be more expensive to resupply in Hawaii than in Mexico/LA

True. If they do resupply in Hawaii, much of it would likely be shipped from the mainland. They have ways to keep fruits and produce from ripening, and probably still be cheaper than buying in Hawaii. Or a combo of mainland and Hawaii purchases.

• Like 1

ACA1EC40-0BF4-42D9-8032-7E93798C1015.thumb.jpeg.b5a4506045d390f1139dae64b742e763.jpeg014FEB11-8FDC-4745-AEC6-7F98C9C06324.thumb.jpeg.747b24ced06e3e832589e7cc4296bb8c.jpeg4BF7B685-E25D-4118-9867-1931C768CB13.thumb.jpeg.5ad0c87210a16917c4e8b08c0a3c1e4b.jpegDay 2 - Catalina Island

It was a beautiful sunny day, and we made the choice to stay on board.  We just didn't want to risk the transfers by tender with our next COVID-19 Test scheduled for the 5th.  The views of Avalon harbor were wonderful and the water in the Sea View Pool was surprisingly warm.  All in all, a very relaxing day.  We have met some very nice passengers, from as nearby as our own town of Palm Springs, to as far away as the East Coast.  Trivia in the afternoon was fun.  At dinner, we noticed a lack of Wine Stewards (and we're not even big wine folks).  We had a surprise reunion though with our Wine Steward from our last HAL cruise, South Pacific, Fall 2019 on the Amsterdam.  It was great to see Manny, though he is running drinks to Dining Room tables now, instead of acting as a Wine Steward.  I hope that changes for him soon!

For entertainment, we went up to deck 14 for a lights out view of the stars, guided by the on board astronomer.  Looking forward to tonight's experience!  The show in the World Stage theater was The Jersey Tenors, a fun filled show.  Afterwards, we caught the last act at the dueling pianos in Billboard Onboard.

Bob & Steve

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

If you get the chance, tell Manny hello from Howie and Me. He is the best. Helped to make both of our South Pacific cruises so special!!

we love the view of Catalina from the ship. We were there in November, so we will be staying on the ship this time also. Laying low until after testing for Hawaii. 

Cheers!! 🍸🍸

• Like 2

Our meet & greet was such a delight to have! Thank you Eddie for your MC skills and all you both did to pull it off. Some Covid tests were done today (2/4), the rest tomorrow. Here's hoping the 95 masks are as good as they say!

Went in to Avalon, took an open air bus tour (via Trip Advisor)! Pretty little town!

IMG_20220203_121847108.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Newly Retired Teachers said:

ACA1EC40-0BF4-42D9-8032-7E93798C1015.thumb.jpeg.b5a4506045d390f1139dae64b742e763.jpeg014FEB11-8FDC-4745-AEC6-7F98C9C06324.thumb.jpeg.747b24ced06e3e832589e7cc4296bb8c.jpeg4BF7B685-E25D-4118-9867-1931C768CB13.thumb.jpeg.5ad0c87210a16917c4e8b08c0a3c1e4b.jpegDay 2 - Catalina Island

It was a beautiful sunny day, and we made the choice to stay on board.  We just didn't want to risk the transfers by tender with our next COVID-19 Test scheduled for the 5th.  The views of Avalon harbor were wonderful and the water in the Sea View Pool was surprisingly warm.  All in all, a very relaxing day.  We have met some very nice passengers, from as nearby as our own town of Palm Springs, to as far away as the East Coast.  Trivia in the afternoon was fun.  At dinner, we noticed a lack of Wine Stewards (and we're not even big wine folks).  We had a surprise reunion though with our Wine Steward from our last HAL cruise, South Pacific, Fall 2019 on the Amsterdam.  It was great to see Manny, though he is running drinks to Dining Room tables now, instead of acting as a Wine Steward.  I hope that changes for him soon!

For entertainment, we went up to deck 14 for a lights out view of the stars, guided by the on board astronomer.  Looking forward to tonight's experience!  The show in the World Stage theater was The Jersey Tenors, a fun filled show.  Afterwards, we caught the last act at the dueling pianos in Billboard Onboard.

Bob & Steve

If I knew you were taking a picture I would have smiled 🙂

• Like 1

5E4B4C7E-BFA5-4C45-975C-5F013FA1405F_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.5cba3112007051279d288267d13f4ca9.jpeg12EB3760-B6FC-46BE-A5F3-C41C021401EF_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.2080d0fa9e9b69c573d6295930c95be3.jpegDay 3 - North Pacific

A little more active today, cardio on the treadmills in the morning.  Surprised to see about half the folks in the gym were not wearing masks.  Guest Services told me that if you are doing strenuous exercise, you don't have to wear a mask.  Hmm.

Koningsdam has Pickleball set up for playing at 9am and 1pm.  It's always fun to play on a moving court with wind, but it fact, it's pretty sheltered up there.  We have to miss the 9am slot tomorrow because of COVID-19 testing, but we plan to play again at 1pm.

Tonight was a Gala Night, and dress code ran the gambit.  Dinner was good as was the dance show in the World Stage Theater.  Weather today was cloudy and cool, about 55 degrees.

Bob

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1