Birth certificate question

We purchased a cruise(christmas present) for our adult kids and their significant others. Long story short, my daughter's boyfriend is estranged from his mess of family and has no contact with his parents. Obviously, he needs a birth certificate. Any idea what the best website is to order one(Illinois)? I see a lot of different ones when I search. I've heard Vitalchek is good, but every time we attempt, we're getting an error message saying 'enter valid date' even though everything is correct. Thanks in advance.

20 minutes ago, ryano said:

Thanks, Unfortunately they can't do it because their offices closed in March 2020 and are STILL closed 🙄 so everything takes at least 12 weeks, and that's too long.

If the DPH who holds the official records can't get it to him in less than 12 weeks, why would you think some other organization could do it faster? The official records have to be accessed to get a certified copy no matter who goes after it.

1 minute ago, floatn said:

If the DPH who holds the official records can't get it to him in less than 12 weeks, why would you think some other organization could do it faster? The official records have to be accessed to get a certified copy no matter who goes after it.

Because if you took 30 seconds to look at the Illinois DPH website, they tell you to contact VitalChek. It is their official subcontractor.  They've essentially closed their offices in person and outsourced the provision of vital records to VitalChek.

1 hour ago, Mr. Blonde said:

I've heard Vitalchek is good, but every time we attempt, we're getting an error message saying 'enter valid date' even though everything is correct. Thanks in advance.

For VitalChek, you may want to reboot your computer and try again, or clear your cache, or try a different browser, or a different computer.

Sometimes websites just get buggy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We used Vitalcheck and had the birth certificate within a week.  Keep trying,  maybe they are having IT issues.

OP - Can't you just check with the courthouse in the city where he was born and see if they can help?

Edited by mek

16 hours ago, mek said:

OP - Can't you just check with the courthouse in the city where he was born and see if they can help?

Given that the OP is in Tampa and the BF was born in Illinois, it's probably not an easy thing to go to the courthouse...

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

Given that the OP is in Tampa and the BF was born in Illinois, it's probably not an easy thing to go to the courthouse...

Understood - I meant give them a call.

23 hours ago, floatn said:

Pretty much anyone can get things done faster and more efficient than any Government agency.

• Like 1

Keep trying, because without the gov't issued birth certificate the young man won't be able to join you. 

Odd question, is it possible that the 'messed up family' messed up their son's actual date of birth for some crazy reason like it wouldn't coincide with a holiday, or another family members' birthday, or they didn't like the number date i.e., 9/9/99.

It's not making sense that it would be difficult to get a birth certificate from the state of Illinois.