B2B and Tipping

Saphire

I understand how tipping is an individual thing and we all do it differently. But I have a question about doing a B2B cruise, our first ever. 😊  Do most of you wait until the final night (14 days), or tip on each segment of 7 days. Thank you for your input.

8 minutes ago, Saphire said:

I understand how tipping is an individual thing and we all do it differently. But I have a question about doing a B2B cruise, our first ever. 😊  Do most of you wait until the final night (14 days), or tip on each segment of 7 days. Thank you for your input.

We leave the auto tip on but tip room stewards and anyone else we feel goes above and beyond in cash.  Our room stewards we tip at the end of our total cruise UNLESS one of our stewards leaves at the end of a segment.  They will let you know if they are leaving.  If you want to tip your dining room waiter, I would tip them at the end as well but don’t be afraid to ask at the end of your first segment if they will stay on for the next leg.

• Like 1

Our last 6 or 8 cruises have been B2Bs (or Collector's Cruises, technically, but no difference for the crew). We have learned to make sure the regular staff we commonly deal with know we are on for more than one cruise, and they inform us if they are going home, or moving to another location on the ship during our cruise. However, we also had great fun making sure we chased down an employee that was moved to another assignment in the middle of our cruise to get him some extra tip money.

• Like 1

I would recommend checking with anyone you see regularly and want to tip extra to make sure that they are not moving to a different area (dining room switches from fixed to open seating every 2 weeks or so from what have heard, not sure about room stewards, bartenders, etc). I also recommend leaving the auto gratuity on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

On our last cruise, we tipped daily. When we first met our stewards we told him that money left in this specific location was for them. We left two $5 bills there each morning. They were happy.

I like this idea.  

I always tip the room stewards the first time I see them, in cash, usually as we arrive at our cabin. I always leave the gratuities "on" and pay them at the end. I have never down a B2B because I cannot understand spending additional time in our embarkation city since we always arrive several days early to "see" the city. I tip other staff as necessary during the trip. I ask when they are getting off so I do not miss anybody. Watching You Tube cruise bloggers, I now buy snacks ashore to give to staff as well. Also very important, mention staff by name in the comment cards available at guest relations (i did that daily). I got instant positive feedback from those I mentioned. They were very HAPPY about the mentions.

I’m confused when you say, “I recommend leaving the auto gratuity on.” I didn’t think we had a choice.  I thought the tips or crew incentive or whatever you want to call it was added to everyone’s bill and there was no on or off about it.  …?

@RAS4331 If the Crew Appreciation (gratuities) is included in your fare as part of the Have It All or other promo, it immediately becomes non-refundable and you cannot remove or decrease the amount. If Crew Appreciation is not part of your fare, then you are able to remove or decrease each daily amount. You need to do it thru Guest Services. Unless service is sub-standard, it should always be left in place.

Anyone can increase the amount of Crew Appreciation.