Onward Rebuild

roberts2005

7 hours ago, mjwaruba said:

Looks like you will will make your cruise.  We are on the Onward in October doing a back to back to back!  We have never sailed with Azamara.  Have you? If so would appreciate info on what to do on board in the evenings.  We usually sail RCI and Celebrity.  We are in Massachusetts and I thought I would reach out to a fellow New Englander.  Would also love pictures of ship when you are on board 

There is a show every night in the Cabaret lounge, mixture of the ships entertainers, including the Cruise Director, and guest artists - musicians, singers, comedians, magicians etc. There is also piano music in the Den, and music in the Living Room including a disco from 10:30.

• Like 1

My husband and I ,together with our friends are on it in Jan 23 , can’t wait , I know their ships are not brand spanking new and let’s not mention that old chestnut the bathrooms !!

But there is something about Azamara , the atmosphere is always so good , the staff  make it a cut above for me.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

What is the Swirl and Top?

It's the frozen yogurt self-serve, and in the original deck plans it was not showing up. If I'm going to survive a summer Greek Isles cruise next year, I NEED to have frozen yogurt!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LT Hambone said:

It's the frozen yogurt self-serve, and in the original deck plans it was not showing up. If I'm going to survive a summer Greek Isles cruise next year, I NEED to have frozen yogurt!

Ah, ok!

Swirl top where I quote "Swirl & Top – can conclude your meal with a variety of flavors and your choice of toppings." its frozen yogurt which you can have on a cone or in a tub.  Toppings used to be great - m and ms, gummy bears, chocolate nibs, fruit bubbles.  Hope its just a supply issue Quest had none of these, it was mainly chocolate sprinkles or booked up cookies.  Still nice but not like "the olden days"

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, uktog said:

Swirl top where I quote "Swirl & Top – can conclude your meal with a variety of flavors and your choice of toppings." its frozen yogurt which you can have on a cone or in a tub.  Toppings used to be great - m and ms, gummy bears, chocolate nibs, fruit bubbles.  Hope its just a supply issue Quest had none of these, it was mainly chocolate sprinkles or booked up cookies.  Still nice but not like "the olden days"

oops broken, not booked 

• Haha 1

Ladies on Onward's first voyage, you might want to bring a hair dryer and slippers:

Dear Travel Partner,

We are counting down the days to have your clients onboard the Azamara Onward's maiden voyage starting May 2nd. We have planned a voyage with both onboard festivities and amazing shoreside experiences.

As with any big project such as a complete revitalization of a ship, there are challenges. And having to work around the Supply Chain challenges the world has right now, doesn't make it easier. So, we wanted to share a couple of things with them.

The ship looks beautiful. The team onboard and our construction partners have done an amazing job. However, there are a few items that have not made it to the ship as of yet.

One of the traditional items they typically find in our rooms is the hairdryer. They didn't make it. If they will need one onboard, we recommend for them bring one.

A few other items are missing, as well, such as the Azamara hangers (yes, they will have hangers, just not ours), laundry bags, slippers and a few other things. While we wanted them to be aware, we hope these little things will not affect their experience onboard.

We look forward to seeing your clients!

Warm Regards,

AZAMARA®

• Like 2

I double checked it wasnt dated 1 April 🙂

Always the risk of an inaugural cruise

Not great news for ladies from the UK whose hairdryers may not work on Azamara's electrics

• Like 2

We were on the third voyage of Journey in 2007.  The bars of (Celebrity brand, at that time) soap did not arrive on time, and only the suites had shower gel.  Our lovely steward went to a local supermarket and bought a family-size bar of Ivory for every cabin in his section. We took the partially used bar home with us as a souvenir.  It lasted for ages! I now travel with a couple of little bars of soap tucked in my carry on, just in case.😊

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, uktog said:

I double checked it wasnt dated 1 April 🙂

Always the risk of an inaugural cruise

Not great news for ladies from the UK whose hairdryers may not work on Azamara's electrics

Good point. They say, I quote:"The on board voltage is 110/220 AC (maximum 1500 watts) so please take any necessary adapters"

So as long as the power does not exceed 1500 W, they should be ok. Having said that, most driers have 1600 W power...

Just now, andrcan said:

Good point. They say, I quote:"The on board voltage is 110/220 AC (maximum 1500 watts) so please take any necessary adapters"

So as long as the power does not exceed 1500 W, they should be ok. Having said that, most driers have 1600 W power...

exactly!  My dryer once got its Airmiles and went on an Azamara cruise.  It was a wasted journey.  I took it because I wanted a more powerful drier, turned out to be zero power

1 minute ago, andrcan said:

My little travel dryer is 1200 watts,, so I should be ok.  All I need is my European adapter for the UK plug.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, uktog said:

exactly!  My dryer once got its Airmiles and went on an Azamara cruise.  It was a wasted journey.  I took it because I wanted a more powerful drier, turned out to be zero power

Hope they put a couple of hair driers in the spa locker rooms. Chained to the wall, of course )

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, andrcan said:

Hope they put a couple of hair driers in the spa locker rooms. Chained to the wall, of course )

It could be a ploy to increase the revenue in the hairdressing section of the spa 😂😂

• Haha 5

They had to go out and buy waste bins for the rooms for Pursuit. Then there was the hanging birdcage seat in Living Room that was sitting on the floor without suspension. It was still like that two years later. Supplies to new ships must be a nightmare, but that Living Room chair was just odd because it was really unusable. 

Phil

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1