Onward Rebuild

roberts2005

14 minutes ago, Island Travelers said:

Did anyone see or care that the sunset bar is now the sunset veranda. I wonder if they took the bar out. Always like sitting back there with a drink to see the sunset.

There never was a bar back there on this ship.

My understanding is the bars were put on Journey and Quest when they were owned by Celebrity and were very expensive to install.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, laurieb said:

I don’t think they’re necessarily doing it to create another revenue source.  It might be to draw or keep some younger cruisers.  Lots of competition out there.

If they are after younger cruisers there’s a lot more than just a fancy drinks place they’d need to address.  Agree there’s lots of competition but I’m not sure Azamara has fully identified what game they want to play.  There’s also lots of younger guests who like Azamara as it is because it’s not aiming to be what it’s not.  Anyway time will tell but Onward has lost revenue from us in December- we will do something else to renew our vows at another time. 

• Like 3

My theory, and my theory only, is that the Drawing Room was a vastly underused space. I noticed on our cruise everyone was hanging out at either the Den or the Living Room, and the Drawing Room was empty. Combined with the fact there isn't a Sunset Bar (our favorite spot to unwind with a drink after a long day of sightseeing), Azamara is just looking to re-use a space with something that is lacking (Onward had ne less bar). Just my opinion, your will vary!

As long as they keep the Swirl and Top, I'm good! Are you listening Azamara? Keep the Swirl and Top!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If they crank up music on Azamara or pipe muzak around the ship I'll likely walk away.

They had an endless loop of piped in music on the pool deck during our Christmas cruise that drove me batty.

22 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

And it was in the LR during the day and some of the time, while I was trying to read it became annoying.

There is an issue in the Living Room. I've been in there in the morning and the music is left on from the previous night by the DJ I would guess. Trouble is he's been playing at high volume all night so even the lowest volume is still too loud. I now know how to sort it out 😉

Phil 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There is an issue in the Living Room. I've been in there in the morning and the music is left on from the previous night by the DJ I would guess. Trouble is he's been playing at high volume all night so even the lowest volume is still too loud. I now know how to sort it out 😉

Phil 

We now know to ask you Phil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Any update whether Onward is out of dry dock.   How long will it take for the trip to Monte Carlo?

Floated out last week still a lot of internal work to do

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 2:45 PM, roberts2005 said:

I’m on the maiden voyage, so major concern that it won’t be ready.

Looks like you will will make your cruise.  We are on the Onward in October doing a back to back to back!  We have never sailed with Azamara.  Have you? If so would appreciate info on what to do on board in the evenings.  We usually sail RCI and Celebrity.  We are in Massachusetts and I thought I would reach out to a fellow New Englander.  Would also love pictures of ship when you are on board 

1 hour ago, mjwaruba said:

Looks like you will will make your cruise.  We are on the Onward in October doing a back to back to back!  We have never sailed with Azamara.  Have you? If so would appreciate info on what to do on board in the evenings.  We usually sail RCI and Celebrity.  We are in Massachusetts and I thought I would reach out to a fellow New Englander.  Would also love pictures of ship when you are on board 

Yes it does look like the ship will be in Monte Carlo on time.

we have sailed Azamara a few times over the years.  The last cruise being on Pursuit in 2019.  While we do go to some evening entertainment, for us it is mostly destination cruising.  Early to bed and off the ship as early as we can to tour on our own.

I’m sure lots of photos will be posted.  I’m also sure you will enjoy the smaller ship.

25 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Yes it does look like the ship will be in Monte Carlo on time.

we have sailed Azamara a few times over the years.  The last cruise being on Pursuit in 2019.  While we do go to some evening entertainment, for us it is mostly destination cruising.  Early to bed and off the ship as early as we can to tour on our own.

I’m sure lots of photos will be posted.  I’m also sure you will enjoy the smaller ship.

Thank you