Onward Rebuild

roberts2005

49 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

They had to go out and buy waste bins for the rooms for Pursuit. Then there was the hanging birdcage seat in Living Room that was sitting on the floor without suspension. It was still like that two years later. Supplies to new ships must be a nightmare, but that Living Room chair was just odd because it was really unusable. 

Phil

IMHO it would have been just as unusable if they had got the suspension cables.  🤣

When Journey was refitted in 2016 besides all the big suites not being completed amongst many other things the contractors has thrown away all the bath tub plugs from the CC suites fitted with tubs. Poor old Ryszard had a nightmare trying to source bath plugs in the Caribbean, fortunately we found Pringles lids do an adequate job.

Regarding hairdryers, we’ve dug out an old 1200w hairdryer that’s done service in years gone by, although it’s not something that matters to me. I always have a good travel adapter that will handle 16 amps (3,500w) so should have no problems.

Of course Azamara can’t go out and purchase any old hairdryers as they have to be the special ones that can’t be left on for safety reasons. It’s good that they have confessed to the problem early as we wouldn’t want to be hunting around shops during the cruise trying to purchase one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I believe they have non USA sockets.

Yes there’s 2 pin euro 220v sockets as well, but those of us from the U.K. need adapters to use those for our 3 pin plugs. Voltage isn’t a problem as most U.K. hairdryers are 220/240v but obviously wouldn’t work with the U.S. outlets.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, uktog said:

Its nothing to do with the sockets its to do with the wattage

Correct the 1500 w limit is going to be a problem for some as 1800/2000w is probably the most common. I hope the Electrotechnical dept are ready to be re-set a few breakers every evening.

• Like 3

I've seen an early photo of the Atlas Bar and can't say I'm very impressed.  Not a comfortable place to sit. There seem to be a  line of bar stools at an oval desk similar to the one in The Living Room (which is totally underused and a waste of space in my view).  I couldn't see anything in the way of lounge type seating. I'm not getting good feelings about Atlas, but time will tell and more pictures show. 

Phil 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

To be honest I think you may be right!  Style over substance. I have very rarely seen anyone in them. I tried, but not comfy, even when hung up. 

Phil 

Absolutely - The majority of users I have seen use the chair for more than 10 seconds are younger things after a few libations.  Thinking of it, it is busiest on cruises where travel agents or head office staff are onboard - they all seem to love it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've seen an early photo of the Atlas Bar and can't say I'm very impressed.  Not a comfortable place to sit. There seem to be a  line of bar stools at an oval desk similar to the one in The Living Room (which is totally underused and a waste of space in my view).  I couldn't see anything in the way of lounge type seating. I'm not getting good feelings about Atlas, but time will tell and more pictures show. 

Phil 

I was underwhelmed by the craft cocktail menu as well.

0769A9CF-DAFA-4102-BD4A-9E74FF099948.png

• Like 2

Now I’m really confused about what happened to that ceiling. In footage from when she was a Princess ship, I saw a painted ceiling.  Now it’s not, but it’s pretty sad and streaky looking, like it leaked or something. It certainly doesn’t look newly tarted up like the rest of the room!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

No prices on the appetizers either, which also do not appeal to me

I guess they are served like tapas when you buy a drink (tapas were originally served at no costs with drinks in restaurants). These finger food offerings are common in Celebrity ships or Royal Caribbean in their daily cocktail offers to high tier members. Do not appeal to me either. 
Ivi