How to pay Azamara???

alfredo1

We are booked direct with Azamara for a cruise on Quest in May 2022, and final payment is shown due as 7 February 2022.

I cannot find a method for doing this, will they issue an invoice? Logging to our account shows the cruise details but not further updated.

A phone call was directed to a call centre where the operator did not understand my query, and then cut me off.

Thanks to all

On 2/7/2022 at 5:38 PM, donaldsc said:

Just a suggestion for future cruises.  Waiting until the final day that payment is due is not really a great idea.  Always give yourself at least a few days just in case you have a problem.

DON

Absolutely!!

• Like 1

In the future, consider using a travel agent. Our very first AZ cruise we didn’t know better and booked direct…then discovered our fellow guests all had onboard credit from their travel agents as well as the convenience of their services for booking and payments, making sure we got the best stateroom available, and were notified in a timely matter about itinerary changes etc. So much better than dealing directly with AZ. We enjoy the onboard experience, but our experience with AZ pre-boarding has not been great. 

1 hour ago, AllisonJames said:

In the future, consider using a travel agent. Our very first AZ cruise we didn’t know better and booked direct…then discovered our fellow guests all had onboard credit from their travel agents as well as the convenience of their services for booking and payments, making sure we got the best stateroom available, and were notified in a timely matter about itinerary changes etc. So much better than dealing directly with AZ. We enjoy the onboard experience, but our experience with AZ pre-boarding has not been great. 

I've booked all ways and started by the direct route because I knew someone in the UK office to speak to. They left when there was a shake up and I used a TA to good effect.  Rather than extra OBC they would discount the price. Worked for me. Go forward to covid and I had a lot of trouble getting money back for cancelled cruises so have now gone back to booking direct. 

I don't need much servicing and think I know more about the best staterooms to have so am happy to rely on my own knowledge. I've found the servicing centre in Wichita very helpful and am getting to know a couple of names there that I understand have worked for Azamara for years. Payment?  Using my TA in the UK I couldn't use my AMEX card for which I earn air miles. Using Azamara direct I can use AMEX no problem. 

So I guess what  I'm saying is that "it depends". Some good and some not so good. Going back to booking direct, for me it has been a huge bonus that the people in the Azamara office are helpful, clued up and approachable. 

Phil 

• Like 10

From what I've been able to tell while following all these Covid-related developments is that passengers using US-based TAs, such as myself and AllisonJames, have fared MUCH better than our British brethren.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NC&KY said:

From what I've been able to tell while following all these Covid-related developments is that passengers using US-based TAs, such as myself and AllisonJames, have fared MUCH better than our British brethren.

I think you maybe right, but I did want to post my experience as this is not a US exclusive board and others may read. 

Phil 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think you maybe right, but I did want to post my experience as this is not a US exclusive board and others may read. 

Phil 

Absolutely. I was not differing with your posting; I was trying to point out that AllisonJames' advice might not be the best for non-Americans.

• Like 1

I use a TA, that I am very happy with after switching about a year ago. They are very responsive and offer some OBC. And save me hours on the phone. Case in point, I requested today and got a much reduced fare for my 6/19 cruise, based on the current sale. I lost one benefit, but the total savings more than made up for it.

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 3:59 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Indeed, as you say Phil, Azamara cruisers come from all parts of the world.

Like many of our cruising friends in the UK, we also had problems with obtaining refunds from our TA for a couple of the first cruises to be cancelled in March 2019.

We have since returned to booking directly with Azamara.

Not all USA cruisers fared as well as @AllisonJames and @NC&KY not all Travel Agents behaved as well and ethically as theirs obviously did.

Trish

Any US cruiser whose Travel Agent doesn't make the payment direct to the cruise line should immediately get a new TA.  Same for those bad apples who charge cancellation fees.  US Travel Agents are the agent of the traveler, not of the cruise line, and should be held to that standard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

To each his/her own I guess, I just wanted to point out what I didn’t know about originally — the opportunity for additional onboard credit and/or some rebates or other perks if you use a TA. Our next AZ cruise we will receive onboard credit and a complimentary shore excursion provided by the company, we received this on our Baltic cruise in Tallinn and it was a very enjoyable experience.

And, as a previous poster pointed out, my TA has saved me hours on the phone…I’m really busy at work during the day and just don’t have time to devote to that. In 2020, I made a final payment of more than $10k for a Crystal River cruise one week before the pandemic…and my travel agent consistently followed up with Crystal, which required many calls, until I received all of the money back. In light of the recent Crystal situation, I feel fortunate to have received a full refund. She was also the one who advised me to take a refund rather than a credit…again, good call!

Obviously experiences vary…but what we all probably have in common is we are  hoping to return to AZ! By the time we are able to sail in 2023 (BIG knock on wood) it will have been FOUR years since our last AZ cruise…a very long time after having the opportunity to sail AZ once a year in 2016-2019!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, brian6u said:

Can you pay these people by mail, since no one answers their phone lines...ever?

Unfortunately no, it really isn't a great experience.  One hint if you call and get to the menu option click you want to book a new cruise  They seem quicker answering that line - I wonder why 🙂 

• Like 1

We are new to Azamara. I clicked on the Request More Information button on their web site. I received an email from a customer service agent. I asked for them to call me to explain a few things about the cruise I was interested in and we set up a time for them to call me. They called me when they said they would and have also answered any questions I had via email. Perhaps you can try that route to get  of someone and schedule a call to pay your balance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1