Celebrity Virgin

Sarahjane001

So just booked a four night cruise on Summit. We chose a celebrity suite # 6104. I have not sailed with Celebrity before only Seabourn, Silverseas Disney and Royal.

I have so many questions so going to dive right in.

Do I need to pre book dining ? We have retreat benefits ( whatever that includes). I think we have like a concierge service that deals with this for us?

I didn't get a choice of cabin - I think the one we have is ok?

To be honest this is a chill vacation for us - I'm not bothered about the excursions as we have done them before - I just want to relax and enjoy life on the ocean wave again - its been so long. If anyone has tips and experiences they want to share please do - I'm unfamiliar with this cruise line and how to get the best from the ship so any input is welcome. If we like it we are going again at Easter. Our trip is on March 10th.

Thanks 

Sarah

You will like 6104.   It is one of our favorites.  Why don't you think it is choice?

No reservations required for dinner.  Just show up.  At times you may have a short wait or the Maitre 'd will invite you to return to Retreat and he will call when your table is ready.

Retreat benefits include use of the Suites only Retreat areat at front of ship, Luminae and the Retreat.  The Retreat is like an Airport Lounge with 2  Hosts and a bar.  All drinks are included.  They also have a light breakfast buffet in morning,  Afternoon Tea and treats and cocktail hour hot and cold treats.

Edited by Jim_Iain

40 minutes ago, Sarahjane001 said:

So just booked a four night cruise on Summit. We chose a celebrity suite # 6104. I have not sailed with Celebrity before only Seabourn, Silverseas Disney and Royal.

Do I need to pre book dining ? We have retreat benefits ( whatever that includes). I think we have like a concierge service that deals with this for us?

To be honest this is a chill vacation for us - I'm not bothered about the excursions as we have done them before - I just want to relax and enjoy life on the ocean wave again - its been so long. If anyone has tips and experiences they want to share please do - I'm unfamiliar with this cruise line and how to get the best from the ship so any input is welcome. If we like it we are going again at Easter. Our trip is on March 10th.

Thanks 

Sarah

Congratulations on booking your first Celebrity cruise and in the Retreat for Suite guests. For dinning you will be in the exclusive suites only Luminae restaurant which is our favorite venue with Celebrity that has service and special upscale menus not found anywhere else. You do not need to prebook in Luminae, just walk in when you want. In addition to the concierge service for the Retreat, you will have your own Personal Host (Butler) who will and can take care of most requests, like booking specialty restaurants and even shore excursions, We always have our Butler bring us breakfast every morning and they will set up your table and eve pour your first cup of coffee. He can also bring an afternoon appetizer to your cabin, we like having a shrimp cocktail. You also have exclusive use of the Retreat Lounge with a full service (free) bar and bartender. In the morning and late afternoons, it also has appetizers and cheese plates. You also have exclusive use of the Retreat sun deck.

We love the Retreat and the experience of all of its venues, and this is what keeps up sailing with Celebrity and not going to more premium and luxury lines. We have 5 Celebrity cruises booked in the next 2 years, all in suites.

The Summit is an older ship but in 2019 it was completely revolutionized with new furnishings and the addition of all the Retreat facilities I covered above. 

If you decide to book again if you book while onboard, you can get an additional OBC onboard credit and a reduced deposit of $200.

Edited by terrydtx

44 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Congratulations on booking your first Celebrity cruise and in the Retreat for Suite guests. For dinning you will be in the exclusive suites only Luminae restaurant which is our favorite venue with Celebrity that has service and special upscale menus not found anywhere else. You do not need to prebook in Luminae, just walk in when you want. In addition to the concierge service for the Retreat, you will have your own Personal Host (Butler) who will and can take care of most requests, like booking specialty restaurants and even shore excursions, We always have our Butler bring us breakfast every morning and they will set up your table and eve pour your first cup of coffee. He can also bring an afternoon appetizer to your cabin, we like having a shrimp cocktail. You also have exclusive use of the Retreat Lounge with a full service (free) bar and bartender. In the morning and late afternoons, it also has appetizers and cheese plates. You also have exclusive use of the Retreat sun deck.

We love the Retreat and the experience of all of its venues, and this is what keeps up sailing with Celebrity and not going to more premium and luxury lines. We have 5 Celebrity cruises booked in the next 2 years, all in suites.

The Summit is an older ship but in 2019 it was completely revolutionized with new furnishings and the addition of all the Retreat facilities I covered above. 

If you decide to book again if you book while onboard, you can get an additional OBC onboard credit and a reduced deposit of $200.

Thanks for this info - can I ask about dress code? Seabourn and Silverseas are jackets for men in evening and black tie on other nights. Evening gowns or cocktail dresses for Ladies. Whats celebrity like? I don't want to pack a ton of stuff if not needed.

Thanks

Much less formal. There are no "formal" nights. Celebrity has "Chic Nights" which most people in the Caribbean still treat as more like country club casual. Most men do not wear ties or jackets, just long sleeved shirts and slacks or dress jeans and most women wear skirts or pants with dressy, or sparkly tops. I break out my jewelry those nights. You may see some women in cocktail dresses. It is pretty much dress up as much or little as you want. 

14 minutes ago, Sarahjane001 said:

Thanks for this info - can I ask about dress code? Seabourn and Silverseas are jackets for men in evening and black tie on other nights. Evening gowns or cocktail dresses for Ladies. Whats celebrity like? I don't want to pack a ton of stuff if not needed.

Thanks

You will have one night called Evening Chic and people will wear anything from resort casual (no shorts or tee shirts) to suites and very few black tie. No more traditional formal nights, other nights resort casual is fine, again no shorts in dining rooms for diner. You can find more information on the Celebrity website.

18 minutes ago, Sarahjane001 said:

Thanks for this info - can I ask about dress code? Seabourn and Silverseas are jackets for men in evening and black tie on other nights.

That is good to know and would keep me from booking either line. A cruise is a vacation and last thing I want is to dress up. When I retire in 2020 all my suits and formal wear went to Goodwill.

The way people actually dress at dinner is much less casual than on luxury cruise lines (my only experience being on Crystal).  My husband does occasionally wear a jacket to dinner, but he is in the minority and he NEVER packs a tux anymore.  It is rare to see an evening gown anymore although you’ll see many cocktail dresses on evening chic nights.  

During the day, for the most part, I don’t think the way people dress on Celebrity is all that different than luxury lines.   

7 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

The way people actually dress at dinner is much less casual than on luxury cruise lines (my only experience being on Crystal).  My husband does occasionally wear a jacket to dinner, but he is in the minority and he NEVER packs a tux anymore.  It is rare to see an evening gown anymore although you’ll see many cocktail dresses on evening chic nights.  

During the day, for the most part, I don’t think the way people dress on Celebrity is all that different than luxury lines.   

The way people actually dress at dinner is much less casual than on luxury cruise lines.  EXACTLY how we like it. 

• Like 1

On the 4 night cruise I agree it will be very casual.   I do find that many in the Retreat still do wear a suit or a sport coat with or without a tie.   

On the 10/11 night sailings I just did on Constellation I'd say 75% or more in Luminae/Retreat had a jacket.

The only bit of extra advice I would offer is re the menu in Luminae. It is worded ‘playfully’ and can be a bit confusing. There are many threads with pictures you can look at pre cruise or alternatively ask your waiter to describe items you are interested in ordering.

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

On the 4 night cruise I agree it will be very casual.   I do find that many in the Retreat still do wear a suit or a sport coat with or without a tie.   

On the 10/11 night sailings I just did on Constellation I'd say 75% or more in Luminae/Retreat had a jacket.

Exactly!  Which is why we like Celebrity dress code or lack thereof sort of.  One can dress to the nine's be perfectly comfortable or one can dress when 6's and 7's will do and feel the same.  Don't know why but as I was typing this the song from Evita popped into my head.  

I think others have answered most of your questions and provided great information. I just wanted to add that we were in 8104 on the Summit last August, which is virtually identical to yours, and it was AMAZING!  The cabin is large and very well appointed, with a separate bedroom, the balcony is wonderful, and it has a HUGE walk-in closet. 🙂 Here are a few pictures to give you an idea (the picture of the closet is only 1/2 of the whole thing). I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. 

IMG_20210821_133645.jpg

IMG_20210821_133702.jpg

IMG_20210821_133755.jpg

IMG_20210821_135719.jpg

IMG_20210821_133835.jpg

IMG_20210821_133730.jpg

On 2/12/2022 at 8:54 AM, Sarahjane001 said:

Thanks 

Sarah

I think you we really like summit and the suite dinning room Luminae , my only complaint on your suite is the balcony is very narrow. There is a concierge in the retreat lounge that can help with anything, they is a personal retreat host for each suite , they were called butlers before . We are sailing on summit this Saturday on a music charter in a royal suite.