Regent Dress Code

sabrefan

10 hours ago, Mahogany said:

do you mean the knit short-sleeve shirt most wear for golf or tennis

Most probably wear them for polo, as well. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harters said:

Most probably wear them for polo as well. 

Here's a link to a department store in your part  of the world, so you can check out exactly what I meant. 

https://www.macys.com/shop/mens-clothing/mens-polo-shirts?id=20640

Here is the problem,  there are polo shirts and there are bodies, no one on cruise looks like those models!   Yes,  they are part of the dress code and my husband on a cruise may where a nice one (if he hasn’t played golf in it).  It is tucked in with a belt, non wrinkled pants and presentable shoes.  Just look like you made an effort! Sometimes,  I need to send him back to the closet to try again.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

It is tucked in with a belt, non wrinkled pants and presentable shoes.

I wouldnt dream of wearing it to dinner otherwise. 😀

• Like 1

Count me among those who find the dress code on Regent easy to follow: DH wears a long-sleeved shirt and khakis to dinner.  I wear a dress, appropriate to the weather (from Lilly Pulitzer in the Caribbean to jersey knit on a TA crossing in the off-season).

We just came back from a European vacation, part of which was spent at an Alpine resort just outside Innsbruck.  The dining room had a similar dress code, and we dressed exactly the same as we do on Regent: DH in his long-sleeved shirts and khakis, I, this time, in light merino wool dresses, as the evenings were chilly.

We just returned from a Mediterranean cruise with the Voyager and the dress code was a joke. In the Compass Rose (at dinnertime) we saw flipflops, plain white shirts, outdoor clothing, sneakers, casual jeans etc. Very few (elegant) dresses or sports jackets. This was a huge disappointment, for us dressing up (at least a bit) is part of the experience, but apparently most people just don't care.

• Like 2

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I enjoy dressing up and have no dedicated formal nights on our upcoming cruise. Will we be awkward try-hards if we are dressed to the 9s or even the 7s?

2 minutes ago, BobAnne said:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I enjoy dressing up and have no dedicated formal nights on our upcoming cruise. Will we be awkward try-hards if we are dressed to the 9s or even the 7s?

I think the general response on board will be “wow, you look nice”.

• Like 6

To be honest, I felt a little uncomfortable in my sparkly dress and high heels. But then again, there is no such thing as being overdressed, so we dressed up anyway. 

Are people dressing up more on cruises with a dedicated formal night?  We're not very experienced cruisers, so I was wondering. 

• Like 1

Didogaribaldi:  

With the caveat that a cruise segment of 16 days or more will have two "Formal OPTIONAL" designated nights:  

Yes.  The tuxes do appear (about 15% of gents, me included, don them).  Some guys will actually jump the shark by wearing a sports jacket. Even see a few adding a tie.  

Ladies seem to exceed their spouses or significant other in dressing in a manner befitting honoring the 5+ star service we have always experienced on Regent ships.  That is easy for me to opine, as my wife of 54 years was a model both before and following our marriage.

GOARMY!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Didogaribaldi said:

To be honest, I felt a little uncomfortable in my sparkly dress and high heels. But then again, there is no such thing as being overdressed, so we dressed up anyway. 

Are people dressing up more on cruises with a dedicated formal night?  We're not very experienced cruisers, so I was wondering. 

Please don't give up on your sparkly dress and heels.  I wear a skirt and low heels even on casual nights.  I like feeling snazzy and feminine.  I've seen women wearing socks with birkenstocks and capri pants to dinner.  I don't really care what other people wear, but can't help but thinking, "Why have you given up?"

• Like 7

I’ve seen way too many passengers dressed inappropriately for dinner.

Take a good look at the way the crew working in the restaurants are dressed. Take a good look at the interiors of these restaurants. Does anyone really think capris and flip flops are acceptable?

Tee shirts and sneakers? Work out clothes? 

Passengers need to do better.

• Like 9

Be careful how you judge,20 years ago I would have worn a pretty dress and heels but now due to my disability and braces I might be viewed as being casual with handicapped .shoes.Just enjoy what you are wearing and stop complaining about what people are wearing  until you you know there story

• Like 10

11 hours ago, ssdot said:

Be careful how you judge,20 years ago I would have worn a pretty dress and heels but now due to my disability and braces I might be viewed as being casual with handicapped .shoes.Just enjoy what you are wearing and stop complaining about what people are wearing  until you you know there story

This.  ⬆️ ⬆️ ⬆️

• Like 2

I understand your point and I don't think anyone will complain about disabled or older people wearing braces, comfortable clothes or handiccaped shoes. I certainly won't.  But there is just no way that 95% of the people on board are disabled or have another valid reason for dressing far less formal/elegant than specifically requested. If there is a dresscode, I expect people to put a little effort into their appearance, that's all. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, ssdot said:

I wouldn't judge anyone with a handicap, or disability.  I do wonder how people can afford a $30K+ cruise, but can't afford a nice pair of slacks.  Wondering is not the same as judging.

• Like 4