Regent Dress Code

sabrefan

9 minutes ago, APFBarb said:

Going to Amazon on Regent in Feb.  Are collared caribbean print shirts acceptable with nice pants?

Yep!

From RSSC.com

Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear consists of resort-style outfits; some examples are jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime both on board or ashore. Casual wear is not appropriate after 6:00 PM. On the night prior to disembarkation, guests may need to pack their luggage early due to morning flights the next day. With this in mind, on the last night of every voyage, we will relax the dress code for dinner to Casual.

Otherwise, the recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress for ladies includes a skirt, or slacks with a blouse or sweater, a pant suit or dress; slacks and a collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Casual wear is not to be worn at dinner. Ties are not required.

On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two of the evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen.

48 minutes ago, oceanviewer21 said:

My wife is asking would a denim skirt be allowed for dinner on the Grandeur?

50/50 chance she is asked to change out of "jeans"...all depends who is working the door. I've seen it go both ways.

16 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

Why do some people feel they have to push the rules? The guidelines say no denim after 6. Just follow the friggin’ rules.

A denim skirt is definitely not "Elegant Casual" and there are plenty of other cruise lines that might be a better choice if you don't want to follow the dress code of Regent.

I've never worn a denim skirt. It's a heavy, uncomfortable fabric, and it never seemed to go with bare legs. In a totally casual setting where it's cool enough to wear denim, I would rather wear pants. But, it's never cold enough in a Regent dining room to wear pants that are made of a heavy fabric.

14 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

Why do some people feel they have to push the rules? The guidelines say no denim after 6. Just follow the friggin’ rules.

The rules are actually vague on this (although the spirit is clear to me). They say "no jeans", not "no jean material"...aka denim. I have seen it allowed and seen it turned away. It is more vague because the dress code only applies to the interior public venues of the ship. You can wear shorts after 6PM if you stay outside...I do it all the time after clearing it with a GM. In either case, I am going with posting the rules and letting the adult make their own decision as I have no desire to turn into the Regent Dress Code Police and I really don't care what others do.

Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear consists of resort-style outfits; some examples are jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime both on board or ashore. Casual wear is not appropriate after 6:00 PM. On the night prior to disembarkation, guests may need to pack their luggage early due to morning flights the next day. With this in mind, on the last night of every voyage, we will relax the dress code for dinner to Casual.

Otherwise, the recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress for ladies includes a skirt, or slacks with a blouse or sweater, a pant suit or dress; slacks and a collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Casual wear is not to be worn at dinner. Ties are not required.

On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two of the evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen.

38 minutes ago, mrstanley said:

Oceanviewer21,

Denim skirts and jackets are really unacceptable after 6pm. I’m sure your wife must have something else to wear in all the dining venues. 

Why Regent doesn't spend 5 minutes and clarify the dress code is beyond me...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Why Regent doesn't spend 5 minutes and clarify the dress code is beyond me...

Perhaps they assume that their customers have enough common sense to not require any further clarification of a their very simple dress code 😉

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Perhaps they assume that their customers have enough common sense to not require any further clarification of a their very simple dress code 😉

You would hope but the thousands of posts here and on other forums indicate otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You would hope but the thousands of posts here and on other forums indicate otherwise.

IMHO, many of the posts simply indicate that some would like Regent to adopt their own lower, or higher, interpretation of the simple, and widely understood, term "Elegant Casual🤨

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

IMHO, many of the posts simply indicate that some would like Regent to adopt their own lower, or higher, interpretation of the simple, and widely understood, term "Elegant Casual🤨

You mean the Regent Dress Police?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrstanley said:

Oceanviewer21,

Denim skirts and jackets are really unacceptable after 6pm. I’m sure your wife must have something else to wear in all the dining venues. 

Nicely stated!

When we first started cruising with Radisson the dress code during the day...except for the pool area....was what it is now for the after 6 code. You never saw cargo shorts and t shirts and polyester sweat suits. The dining room for breakfast or the buffet looked quite civilized and serene. Life has evolved into a much more sloppy picture. I don't care anymore. The dress code police on other message boards are hilarious. Most unacceptable questions start with... what if I wear NICE.   NICE NICE NICE whatever. Your nice and my nice are different but if you have sparkles you should be OK. The company could save a fortune in dry cleaning and laundry for the crew if they were allowed to take it down a notch in their uniforms. I chuckle at waiters in proper suits looking after people dressed like....well you know what I mean....during the day.

• What people wear affects how they behave.
  • If someone says we shouldn't care what they or others wear, what they really mean is, we shouldn't care how they or others behave.
  • It is absurd to tell people that they shouldn't care how others behave on a Regent cruise.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:
  • What people wear affects how they behave.
  • If someone says we shouldn't care what they or others wear, what they really mean is, we shouldn't care how they or others behave.
  • It is absurd to tell people that they shouldn't care how others behave on a Regent cruise.

I think that is a bit of a stretch.  I don't think I behave differently if I'm in shorts during the daytime on a shore excursion or a tux at night at dinner.  I think that applies to many on here.  Similarly, I think Will Smith was in a tux when he had his little tantrum at the awards.    Now when chooses to disregard the dress code that is considered in poor taste.  

• Like 3

I’d rather see a nice stylish denim skirt than the scores of women who adhere to the dress code dressed like Dame Edna. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GMIAC said:

I’d rather see a nice stylish denim skirt than the scores of women who adhere to the dress code dressed like Dame Edna. 

😅As an Australian I resemble that remark. Dame Edna was very stylish. A bit of colour can be a very good fashion statement. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Dame Edna was very stylish

As was her/his alter ego, Sir Les, who always went beyond the minimum requirements of the Regent dress code

Barry3.thumb.jpeg.dba26d3db9669317cc6c473f402319fa.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

As was her/his alter ego, Sir Les, who always went beyond the minimum requirements of the Regent dress code

Barry3.thumb.jpeg.dba26d3db9669317cc6c473f402319fa.jpeg

🤣Like I said...colourful.

So sad Barry Humphries is no longer around to entertain us.🥲

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

I don't think I behave differently if I'm in shorts during the daytime on a shore excursion or a tux at night at dinner.

Perhaps not.  I am a retired pilot.  My flying skills are my flying skills, whether I show up in my double breasted "Navy" style uniform complete with 4 stripes and Captain's hat, neatly shaved and hair (what's left of it), and well groomed.  OR I show up in flip flops, t-shirt (wife beater type) with some "message" on it, soccer shorts, 5 day old beard and disheveled hair that hasn't been combed or cut in months or more.  I'm still the same pilot.  Question is, will YOU get on my airplane?  And if you say I won't matter to you, I'm throwing up the B.S. Flag!  Of course it matters. The way people appear, including grooming and dress, makes a definite impression on others. It's simply a fact of our society.  

Also,,, and no one seems to mention this, A lot of people feel "I paid for this cruise, I should be able to dress as I wish." Well,  I ALSO paid for the cruise, and I paid for it with full expectation of experiencing the cruise Regent advertises.  So, just like I should have equal rights to a deck chair, no smoking in public areas or balconies,  expect excellent service, cleanliness of spaces, shore excursions, food, and drink,  I also have an expectation of decorum and ambiance.  That includes the PUBLISHED dress code.  I paid just as much with the "promise" that people will be dressed to a certain level after 6 pm.  This is CLEAR (no confusion on my part anyway) and part of  the "experience" I chose and paid for.  So, doesn't matter why I care, what matters is this is part of why I chose Regent.  

• Like 11