Holland A recommended mock tails

gailellen12

I  LOVED  the "cool as a cucumber". I generally don't care much for Mocktails as I find they are too sugary or sweet for me, but this was perfect and very refreshing.

If you are a drinker of alcohol as well - I also found having "cool as a cucumber' with "a bit of" Gin was a great drink if you are a Gin and Tonic fan.

My husband likes the Nojito and I think it's a grapefruit not-a-Cosmo. We've had good luck just ordering his usual at-home drink - tonic water with muddled lime and mint and a splash of cranberry. They'll make one up or modify any of their menu mocktails on request (most of them are pretty sweet.) 

I'm not much of an imbiber of alcohol either, except for a glass of wine with dinner.  So when I'm just sitting in the shipboard bars with friends I always order a virgin mary.  They make them so well in the HAL bars.  They are quite spicy but you may ask them to tone it down if you don't like it that "hot".

Edited by AV8rix

10 hours ago, ktbraun said:

This "cool as a cucumber" drink sounds interesting!  Anyone know the recipe?

Because I liked it so much I looked for one on the internet when I got home and found there are a ton and vary quite a bit. The one they make consists of crushed or muddled mint leaves (like a Mojito), muddled cucumber, lime , soda water and a bit of sprite to add a touch of sweet. Ice and then shaken... 

• Thanks 1