Where is the Diamond Lounge on the Allure of the Seas

Bjbilly

Just now, Bjbilly said:

Just wondering where it is last time I was on it was just above the Promenade thanks for any help

That is now cabins.  It is on deck 11 with huge windows looking out to the boardwalk.   It is what used to be called the concierge lounge which was for D+ and above and suite guests.  Now that lounge is for D and above and not suite guests.  Allure now has the best D lounge among oasis class.  

• Like 2

The diamond lounge on Allure is great, if you can get a seat.  The second floor of the lounge has been taken over by chef dinner so that space is no longer available.  The Allure welcome aboard letter now says access to the lounge is first come, first served.  And there is no overflow lounge.  Which is silly because the library is right next door and there are NO books in the library so it could easily be used as an overflow lounge.  Our experience is if you really want a seat you better be there no later than 4:30pm before the start of the happy hour at 5:00pm..

8 hours ago, topnole said:

That is now cabins.  It is on deck 11 with huge windows looking out to the boardwalk.   It is what used to be called the concierge lounge which was for D+ and above and suite guests.  Now that lounge is for D and above and not suite guests.  Allure now has the best D lounge among oasis class.  

It's a fabulous space, but not for Happy Hour.

Better to enjoy your free vouchers in a more 'civilized' setting, far from the LMP's.😉

Great for morning coffee and an afternoon escape.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

The diamond lounge on Allure is great, if you can get a seat.  The second floor of the lounge has been taken over by chef dinner so that space is no longer available.  The Allure welcome aboard letter now says access to the lounge is first come, first served.  And there is no overflow lounge.  Which is silly because the library is right next door and there are NO books in the library so it could easily be used as an overflow lounge.  Our experience is if you really want a seat you better be there no later than 4:30pm before the start of the happy hour at 5:00pm..

Here's a solution, use the Library as your own personal overflow. Just run back in to the DL for your snacks and drinks. Much quieter that way. 

I doubt you'll ever see another overflow lounge now that vouchers are the norm. Really no point

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

Is that your experience recently or pre Covid?   I wouldn’t have guessed that to be a problem now with reduced capacity and the voucher system making the lounge unnecessary for those just wanting some free drinks.  

DL is dead now that vouchers are the norm. This is Navigator last month. DL was Pinnacles only for HH. D & D+ were given deck 14 Cosmopolitan club as HH private party. This was the 7 pm norm on our cruise. Used our vouchers in Schooners or Tiki bar.   DL HH is just good for the appetizers. Chicken wings are still great.IMG_5349.thumb.jpeg.469b9cae164f515c5c5c2dd059e449d3.jpegIMG_5350.thumb.jpeg.3fab73a50ac3f9fd4383bc6dbb3571fc.jpeg

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It's a fabulous space, but not for Happy Hour.

Better to enjoy your free vouchers in a more 'civilized' setting, far from the LMP's.😉

Great for morning coffee and an afternoon escape.

I was thinking the same thing:  "I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this DL".  I'll go look at the view during the day.......................................

16 minutes ago, pcur said:

I was thinking the same thing:  "I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this DL".  I'll go look at the view during the day.......................................

Unfortunately the view is definitely fuzzy. 

Never understood why the glass on Oasis and Allure was so crappy. Oasis is fixed now that it's a card room

On 2/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, topnole said:

Is that your experience recently or pre Covid?   I wouldn’t have guessed that to be a problem now with reduced capacity and the voucher system making the lounge unnecessary for those just wanting some free drinks.  

This was back to back sailings during October 2021.

5 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

This was back to back sailings during October 2021.

Interesting.   Was it unlimited drinks in the DL on those trips (or were they lenient on that in the DL)?   That could explain it.  Personally, if the vouchers remain (and I’m not on a drink package) I have trouble seeing myself going to a DL for happy hour in the future.  At least that frees up a couple extra seats for others.  😂

On 2/23/2022 at 8:00 PM, homedepot124 said:

What does the Diamond Happy Hour entail- reduced prices? Food?

7 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

What does the Diamond Happy Hour entail- reduced prices? Food?

In the evening the C&A HH offers snacks in the DL. No charge.  Your C&A drinks (D4, D+5, P6) loaded on your SeaPass card will be used for any drinks you have in the DL. No charge. 

• Like 1

I am on the Allure now. It can be difficult to get a table in the D lounge before 6:25 or so when it starts clearing out of those with early dining.  And this is at about 60% capacity. The service has been quite good and the appetizers better than many. 

Edited by kccrzr

• 2 weeks later...