New mask requirements

pdobrynski

30 minutes ago, pdobrynski said:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/health-and-safety-measures/caribbean-cruises

Sailing on Meraviglia on Sunday.  I’m I reading the new requirements correctly, marks boll longer required onboard?  Also only limited testing at the terminal?

Starting April 23rd they are no longer required for vaxxed guests. Before that, they are not required in areas designated for vax only.

To be clear, this is just for Caribbean/Bahamas cruises...and you still need to wear when em/debarking.

• Like 1

On Seashore March 19th.

So I'm assuming there will be easy way to determine which venues are designated for vaxxed guests only?

Seems like it will cause confusion...Butcher's Cut, mask on...now Cabaret, mask off.

Should be interesting.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kym05 said:

Wow I am so happy! Hope they stop the testing at the port!

The way I read this, it looks like they are only testing those under 12:

While at the terminal and during embarkation you will need:

• Masks are required for all guests in the terminal at embarkation and disembarkation.
  • Proof of vaccine (vaccine card or certificate of vaccination is required).
  • Proof of negative COVID-19 test for guests 2 years and older, for both pre-embarkation testing, and if provided and required by MSC Cruises for embarkation testing.
  • Until April 22, 2022, all guests 12 years and under will be tested at the pier.
  • Beginning April 23, 2022, all guests over 2 and under 5 years old will be tested at the pier.
  • MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew.
  • An assigned arrival time will be provided on your e-ticket. If you arrive early, you may be asked to wait outside until your embarkation time.

Next cruise, April 16, hmm, expect things to loosen up even then,  well all except that pesky terminal testing! We were on the Mera last week and had embarkation time of 10am and there were no lines and only wait was for test results but those who had a later embarkation time experienced longer lines and backups. 

18 hours ago, hapytobehr said:

The way I read this, it looks like they are only testing those under 12:

While at the terminal and during embarkation you will need:

• Masks are required for all guests in the terminal at embarkation and disembarkation.
  • Proof of vaccine (vaccine card or certificate of vaccination is required).
  • Proof of negative COVID-19 test for guests 2 years and older, for both pre-embarkation testing, and if provided and required by MSC Cruises for embarkation testing.
  • Until April 22, 2022, all guests 12 years and under will be tested at the pier.
  • Beginning April 23, 2022, all guests over 2 and under 5 years old will be tested at the pier.
  • MSC Cruises may provide additional testing, if necessary, at the terminal during embarkation or on board to protect our guests and crew.
  • An assigned arrival time will be provided on your e-ticket. If you arrive early, you may be asked to wait outside until your embarkation time.

It should say all guest 11 years and under will be tested.  My son is 12 years old and is fully vaccinated as of Oct. 2021.     

On 3/1/2022 at 3:05 PM, fish_guru said:

On Seashore March 19th.

So I'm assuming there will be easy way to determine which venues are designated for vaxxed guests only?

Seems like it will cause confusion...Butcher's Cut, mask on...now Cabaret, mask off.

Should be interesting.

Was on for Feb 12, 2022 sailing. Masking was not enforced in theatre. Nor was social distancing. Passengers sat in seats labeled "X" DO NOT SIT. Cabaret was vaccinated only venue, children running around not vaxxed in Cabaret, dancing with the performers. One older masked couple in theatre walked out when group sat directly behind them in "X" and did not stop talking during performance. She 'Shhhussed' them to no avail.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:03 PM, cellfree said:

Next cruise, April 16, hmm, expect things to loosen up even then,  well all except that pesky terminal testing! We were on the Mera last week and had embarkation time of 10am and there were no lines and only wait was for test results but those who had a later embarkation time experienced longer lines and backups. 

I appreciated the pesky terminal testing. Only cost me around 15 minutes of my life a few weeks ago on the Seashore. Had a great cruise. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Was on for Feb 12, 2022 sailing. Masking was not enforced in theatre. Nor was social distancing. Passengers sat in seats labeled "X" DO NOT SIT. Cabaret was vaccinated only venue, children running around not vaxxed in Cabaret, dancing with the performers. One older masked couple in theatre walked out when group sat directly behind them in "X" and did not stop talking during performance. She 'Shhhussed' them to no avail.

LOL! Had to laugh when I read this. 

A few years ago on the Divina I was in a situation in the theatre where two ladies in front of me were essentially having a conversation during the performance. Neither were watching the show. I finally reached my limit and very politely leaned forward and asked them to please refrain from talking during the show. I got a dirty look but for the most part they stopped. 

After the show however, I was confronted by one of their husbands who accused me of yelling at his wife and putting my hands on her. Thankfully, as I've aged the hot head temper of my youth has given way to a much more thoughtful state of mind. Not to mention I work in high stress situations so I'm somewhat used to maintaining control in stressful situations. I kept my cool, laughed at him and walked away. I'm not fighting on vacation.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, blueslily said:

I have no issue with testing at the terminal. Process was easy peasy. 

I don't have an issue as well, prefer a test at port and no mask on ship,  I am just worried on a false positive or as they up the passengers on board this will become not so easy peasy =( , but yes it does provide a safer environment... Ugh if we can just live in a perfect world....