Rogueperson's **Live** Enchantment of the Seas 3/5/2022

42 minutes ago, pxy cda said:

Very cute!  He looks to have some Scottish terrier in him. Maybe papillion with those ears?

There may be a very large Yorkie somewhere in his line.  Those ears are definitely Scottie-like!  Wonder if his hearing is just as selective (we have two Scotties).

Looking forward to this and will have to go back to read your Brilliance thread.  Brilliance has been the smallest ship we've cruised on -- DH does not like small ships -- but Baltimore is an hour away!!

So this is the voom surf and stream internet speed.

2A2F11CE-DE95-49C5-930C-6EF858DB038C.thumb.png.0b16b6957a328403ac00edb3193564dc.png

I finally got speedtest to work.  Speedtest would not work on Brilliance or Mariner for some odd reason.  Kept timing out.  

With a 230 ms ping, thats O3B speed there.  This picture didn’t take long to upload.  

Oooh!!!  This cabin’s bathroom is bigger!  2443F85C-8F97-46CA-834B-9CFE5E45FAB1.thumb.jpeg.1b7194873ff80594d375c36c76f566bb.jpeg

You may or may not be able to tell with this picture, but look how much space is between the toilet and the sink!  On Mariner and Navigator, i could sit on the toilet, brush my teeth and spit without having to get up

off toilet.  You can’t do that here.

Granted, I have an interior and not a balcony, but i’ve had balcony rooms before and the bathrooms were always as small as the interior rooms.

Wife was hungry for a snack.  We went to Park Cafe.  I asked about the Nachos i once saw on Grandeur a couple years back.  They said they use to have a Nacho bar but stopped it in favor of a Salad Bar.  Seriously?!?!  You trade Nachos for Salad?!?!?

Aaah well

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks you so much for letting us "sail along" on your cruise.  Just yesterday I booked a cruise on Enchantment.  Woohoo!!   Loooove your review so far, enjoying your commentary and photos.  After a long hiatus from cruising or any travel for that fact (moving cross country, our dear but very geriatric dog, and then, well, Covid), we are ready to be on the seas once again.  Thanks!! 😀

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

Made it to the cabin.  

Here is today’s cruise cruise compass.  

BC6DD66F-7D1D-4A72-85EA-6DB892AF0BA4.thumb.jpeg.2e2e811c71877cc39b2f3bcc13db4d1d.jpeg

AAE1CF5E-49C5-47DB-819A-950F6DC64DE3.thumb.jpeg.aea423ecafaa39ed2b19c27d37c9abe8.jpeg

5D6910C8-202D-4E15-BD31-0895BC1CAC3D.thumb.jpeg.913b963ec1f7ccfeb9970248da96f823.jpeg

2981B473-76D9-4191-82E1-A5D0EA5B3C97.thumb.jpeg.d8567d87bdbc1449fff01ddc9a05d07a.jpeg

How'd you find out about lunch in the MDR?  It's not on the compass under dining.  It shows WJ and Park Cafe for lunch.

7 minutes ago, BND said:

How'd you find out about lunch in the MDR?  It's not on the compass under dining.  It shows WJ and Park Cafe for lunch.

One reason why there was a five minute delay in my stopwatch.  You come in the gangplank on deck 4.  As we were wandering and mentioned lunch, a crewmember came up to us and informed us that the MDR was open and we were thrilled.  I asked them how long they’ve been doing this because Princess does this and I loved that.  They said only in the last cruise or so because their Windjammer only held 600 which was woefully insufficient for embarkation day and everyone clamoring for lunch at the same time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

One reason why there was a five minute delay in my stopwatch.  You come in the gangplank on deck 4.  As we were wandering and mentioned lunch, a crewmember came up to us and informed us that the MDR was open and we were thrilled.  I asked them how long they’ve been doing this because Princess does this and I loved that.  They said only in the last cruise or so because their Windjammer only held 600 which was woefully insufficient for embarkation day and everyone clamoring for lunch at the same time.

15 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Just got off this morning... sorry I missed you. They didn't have any escargot on our trip either, but the scallops were pretty good. Have fun!!

2 hours ago, Allisin said:

Just got off this morning... sorry I missed you. They didn't have any escargot on our trip either, but the scallops were pretty good. Have fun!!

There was escargot at dinner tonight.

@DELTABLUE

The table on the ramp on right side of the stairs if you’re facing the stairs is 206.  However, its an 8 top, not a 10.

Also, i think the table numbers are changeable.  I saw at lunch where they rearranged some of the table numbers

Edited by Rogueperson

3 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Problem is people sit on their butts in the WJ until cabins open instead of eating and leaving.  There's plenty of places to wait, but a lot of people are so self-involved.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BND said:

Problem is people sit on their butts in the WJ until cabins open instead of eating and leaving.  There's plenty of places to wait, but a lot of people are so self-involved.  

We were sitting outside the WJ while we were

waiting before i decided to go to next cruise and i kept hearing the same announcement asking people to vacate the table if they were done eating.

• Like 1

Day 1 Recap.

Waking up at 6:30am after only 4 hours of sleep is catching up to me.  I thought i could stay up until we pass by the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel.  I have a better camera this time around to get a

picture but as of 2 minutes ago, we’re still in Maryland.  It will be way past midnight, maybe even past 1am before we reach it.  I do ‘t think i will make it much longer.

Today was typical embarkation day.  They got me for a chops and taste of royal lunch for 65/person. Slight savings for both.  They were also offering a combo of Chef’s Table and Chops for 110/person.  A slight savings as well, But i have already booked Chef’s table, so you see that later.  The person who sold that to is turned out to be one of the head wait staff.  Fiery lady named Maria. 

What got me is that there is no welcome aboard show.  That was something i thought was a staple but if you looked at the Cruise Compass, no show mentioned.

Tonight’s menu

D7055739-22C3-4632-BBB0-2D323FF4C74B.thumb.jpeg.5702eda244194315713898ef7d95080d.jpeg

My favorite escargot.  I asked for two, but got only one order.  No big deal

75AB33C9-932D-4B4B-8F90-8C973CA3B2EC.thumb.jpeg.8d2d883f5a1c49b493fa74878dbccc29.jpeg

This mushroom soup is amazing.

5B55A667-AFD3-4A8B-9D48-E78C581B371B.thumb.jpeg.1ad960921a742c0849d1c612970162e7.jpeg

Check this Prime Rib.  Its beyond rare.  Awesomeness on a plate.

C1BBA2F8-9936-4EB7-A00D-71A98EB30253.thumb.jpeg.b1371f20f1f55852ce6844d5493487b0.jpeg

This was my wife’s Baked Polenta and feta cheese

6D2BAFCB-9F23-4749-B926-6C47892F64FB.thumb.jpeg.a8f511f9bc07268f2999074754fe6d7f.jpeg

And finally, the chocolate hazel nut cake with vanilla ice cream.

815BB62C-6DFE-45CA-9197-73AFB91B9626.thumb.jpeg.4cfc22b1010f93421360b9c0b8823252.jpeg

After dinner we went to the Schooner bar and it was packed.  Is it me or does this schooner bar feel narrower than the one on Grandeur.

We tried to stay out, but we’re fading.  Thus ends day 1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The wild mushroom soup is always a standout that I look forward to.  Looks like your prime rib could moo!:classic_ohmy:  Surprised that there was no Welcome show tonight.  They usually have one show to cover both sittings.  Rest well and let the motion of the ocean, or the bay, gently rock you sleep.

Hope you're sawing wood by now.  FYI... wanted to let you know that from Beautiful Downtown Bowie, it looks like you are just crossing over the bridge tunnel now, at 2:20AM. 

If you happen to pass table #206 and have your camera ready, would appreciate a pic.😉

15 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Woah.  The MDR on Enchantment is open for lunch for everyone on embarkation day!!!!1F123CE0-AF9E-4433-BB1A-5E157DBD897B.thumb.jpeg.2f9c78e7ae8255408b410a2e5ec56d41.jpeg

See

15 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Woah.  The MDR on Enchantment is open for lunch for everyone on embarkation day!!!!1F123CE0-AF9E-4433-BB1A-5E157DBD897B.thumb.jpeg.2f9c78e7ae8255408b410a2e5ec56d41.jpeg

Same menu we had on Anthem at our B2B lunch. Do you know if those doing B2B were also with you in MDR? We will be doing B2B 3/17. 

10 hours ago, Allisin said:

Never mind, see this was fixed on a later post.

Edited by zebra36