Re-fare refund

kayelbee

I managed to get a booked cruise Re-fared two weeks ago. 

I was told that the refund would go on the credit card which I used to originally pay for the cruise. 

The refund has, as yet, not materialised. 

To add a bit of contrariness this is a US dollar booking but made with a UK credit card. 

Is this currently a normal length of time to wait or a bit excessive?

Anyone else have recent experience of a re-fare refund? 

I recently did a refare and this is what happened:  original money from my cruise was transferred to my new booking.  Incidental charges such as excursions and water package was refunded back to my original credit card within a couple of days.  I was told the refund would take a bit but to my surprise, it didn't. 

My re-fare refund took just over two months to post to my credit card. 

At one month, I called and was told, "we see it there, give it another 30 days."

Then after that 30 days, I was told, "we see it there, but it hasn't been 'released' yet. Let me do that."

Two days later it posted to my credit card. 

On my last refare I asked that the FCD be transferred to the new # and excess FCC be put on my September cruise. 2 days later I had the $100 refunded to my credit card, FCC on the September cruise, and 50 OBC. I'm totally confused and think they still have a lot of issues. But hey, my cruise was $100 under Drop & Go price

PCL Accounting Dept has issues

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

PCL Accounting Dept has issues

That's the understatement of the day.  I cancelled a cruise 3 weeks ago and called this week.  Was told it was in the revenue area queue and once they processed it, the credit should appear on our credit card in 10 - 15 business days.  No way should it take that long especially since the representative determined the exact amount to be refunded and the exact amount of cancellation penalties at the point I cancelled.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I cancelled a cruise 3 weeks ago and called this week.  Was told it was in the revenue area queue and once they processed it, the credit should appear on our credit card in 10 - 15 business days.  No way should it take that long especially since the representative determined the exact amount to be refunded and the exact amount of cancellation penalties at the point I cancelled.

I think every refund must be processed manually by some department to help prevent fraud.

Obviously their computers know instantly how much should be refunded and how the refund needs to be made. But with the number of refunds happening and needed to be subject to approval by a real accounting person, it can take a while. 

Of course, if you are paying Princess with a credit card, the transaction is processed before you hang up the phone.

• Like 1