Daniel Johnson monkey and sloth hangout

jrkat69

We were in Roatan on March 10 and took Ronys tours who I recommend highly. I just wanted to give some feedback on the sloth and monkey hangout. It was the highlight of our vacation. They gave each person plenty of time to hold the sloth and take pictures. We got Patricia who was a real ham! We got to spend plenty of time with the monkeys and parrots too. It was my whole groups favorite thing we did on our vacation.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2022 at 8:40 AM, jrkat69 said:

We were in Roatan on March 10 and took Ronys tours who I recommend highly. I just wanted to give some feedback on the sloth and monkey hangout. It was the highlight of our vacation. They gave each person plenty of time to hold the sloth and take pictures. We got Patricia who was a real ham! We got to spend plenty of time with the monkeys and parrots too. It was my whole groups favorite thing we did on our vacation.

Is Patricia the trainer/guide or the sloth?  I so want a fun sloth when I go later this month.  LOL

Thanks for this review! Looking for something to do there, and seriously considering this. And I apologize, is Rony the name of the company? Just trying to figure out which tour company to use, there seem to be several of them. LOL!

On 3/23/2022 at 11:17 PM, kctwinmommy said:

Thanks for this review! Looking for something to do there, and seriously considering this. And I apologize, is Rony the name of the company? Just trying to figure out which tour company to use, there seem to be several of them. LOL!

Yes, you can google RonysTours (dotcom) for information on their tours.   We're using them for our trip in April to do Daniel Johnson and Infinity Bay.  I can report back afterwards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 11:22 AM, brillohead said:

I've been to Daniel Johnson's a couple times now, always booked directly with Daniel's website.  

I've also snorkeled with them each time.  Highly recommend!

This is what I am looking at doing directly through Daniel Johnsons.... was wondering about the snorkeling...did you go out on a boat to somewhere or right off the beach? And was it guided or on your own? Thanks!

Just now, zoiebear said:

This is what I am looking at doing directly through Daniel Johnsons.... was wondering about the snorkeling...did you go out on a boat to somewhere or right off the beach? And was it guided or on your own? Thanks!

They have their own dock and boat right there.  It's guided, usually go to two different places.

• Thanks 1

I've been to Daniel Johnson's a couple times now, always booked directly with Daniel's website.  

If you book directly, how do they do the transportation?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, KB Cruisin said:

If you book directly, how do they do the transportation?  Thanks!

They pick you up just outside the security gate.  They stand right across the street from the gate with a sign, and then take you to their van down the street.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have wondered about the snorkeling through DJ.  If you see this, can you share more? Thanks!

17 hours ago, KB Cruisin said:

I have wondered about the snorkeling through DJ.  If you see this, can you share more? Thanks!

Not sure what else there is to say -- it's all spelled out on their website.

They have a dock/boat right there at their facility, and it's a short 5-minute ride to the reef.  They supply fins/mask/snorkel.

Do you have any particular questions?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Not sure what else there is to say -- it's all spelled out on their website.

They have a dock/boat right there at their facility, and it's a short 5-minute ride to the reef.  They supply fins/mask/snorkel.

Do you have any particular questions?

I heard that it was very shallow where they snorkel. Is that an issue?

22 minutes ago, KB Cruisin said:

I heard that it was very shallow where they snorkel. Is that an issue?

I think the shallowest I've been with them was around 5' deep when you first get in the water.  Definitely not a situation where you're struggling to keep from hitting the coral -- there's plenty of room to maneuver.

One time they took us to "the drop off" where you're going along in about ten feet of crystal clear water, and then all of a sudden there's just a cliff and blackness below.  Way cool.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KB Cruisin said:

Thank you so much. That is very helpful! And I love the Nemo video!!!

Difficulties with shallow snorkeling can happen in West Bay if you take the wrong route.

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Difficulties with shallow snorkeling can happen in West Bay if you take the wrong route.

This isn't applicable to this thread.  Daniel Johnson's snorkeling doesn't go to West Bay.

28 minutes ago, brillohead said:

This isn't applicable to this thread.  Daniel Johnson's snorkeling doesn't go to West Bay.

No, you are correct, I am sorry got threads confused.

The PP has also been looking at sloths and snorkeling elsewhere and I wondered if that was where she had read about shallow snorkeling by the reef. 

7 hours ago, casandbliz said:

We are interested in the excursion that includes the island tour.Is it worth the extra $10? What about the iguana park?

I haven't done the iguana park.  If you've never been to the island and you have in interest in how they live, the island tour on the way to/from the animal park is worthwhile, IMO.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/7/2023 at 9:51 PM, brillohead said:

I haven't done the iguana park.  If you've never been to the island and you have in interest in how they live, the island tour on the way to/from the animal park is worthwhile, IMO.

Thanks for sharing, we just booked the Island Tour and Hangout directly through Daniel Johnson's for our upcoming cruise 

• Like 2