Cococay OTW Cabana reservations

Is there a way to find out how many are available on a sailing?  We cruise this fall and while we know we want a cabana, the thought of paying $1800 7 months in advance is a bit much.  Yes, I know first come first served.  Just wondering if there is a way to keep an eye on the inventory before making the commitment.

10 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Is there a way to find out how many are available on a sailing?  We cruise this fall and while we know we want a cabana, the thought of paying $1800 7 months in advance is a bit much.  Yes, I know first come first served.  Just wondering if there is a way to keep an eye on the inventory before making the commitment.

No.  You'll only know when they are sold out.  Plus, remember there are usually two ships there so both have to share/split them.  Personally, I think $1800 is a lot for a few hours.  We quit getting cabanas on Labadee when the prices skyrocketed.  Was it worth $200 for a day, probably, but not $750.

Edited by BND

14 minutes ago, BND said:

No.  You'll only know when they are sold out.  Plus, remember there are usually two ships there so both have to share/split them.  Personally, I think $1800 is a lot for a few hours.  We quit getting cabanas on Labadee when the prices skyrocketed.  Was it worth $200 for a day, probably, but not $750.

My cruise planner has shown "Only 2 left" and "Only 1 left".  Whether that's true or not is a different story. 

16 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

There are 8 of us it comes to a little more than $230 a person.  So for us, we're all in.  I'm sure we'll have to pony up sooner rather than later.

FWIW, we have an OTW cabana in July, we hoped for a black friday sale and it did not happen, we bit the bullet and paid $1800 first week in March, price has not changed, and there are still Cabanas available today.

Here are some pictures from yesterday.  We (Enchantment) and Oasis were both docked.  It looks really nice with what looks like private servers, slides, and access to a reserved area.  Overall, really impressed with Coco Cay.  

20220321_111116.jpg

20220321_111111.jpg

20220321_111220.jpg

Edited by Stealthdog
Typo
  • Like 1

I always reserve the popular things regardless of the price.  I watch the prices and if there is a sale I call to cancel and repurchase at the lower price.  You can do it online as well, but with things that have a limited quantity I call to do it because I don't want to get shut out.

1 hour ago, msuspartabigten said:

Just book it and if the price doesn't come down, cancel it if you don't want to pay the full price. 

This.

But if you've got a full 8 people, keep in mind that it does include the beach club, and that atmosphere is pretty nice. If you get it down to $230 a person, that's not that bad.

• 4 weeks later...