Inside cabin on Lido deck on Sapphire - a hard pass or maybe ok...?

Bellalu

Wondering if choosing a Lido deck inside cabin would be a mistake. We have always had a cabin between decks - but this is such a good deal. Anyone able to chime in here? Also never been on Sapphire before.

We do not do inside cabins anymore. One time we were basically next to an engine room and the noise and vibration were horrid! 

We now go for an act balcony, with a larger balcony, loveseat or not.

Inside lido deck cabins are our favorite. We like the darkness of the inside cabin and I love being on that deck so when I wake up at 4:30am I am real close to my first cup of coffee 🤣

I have several inside cabins on Lido and they are amazing. Very quiet, great location to be able to get outside. Enjoy. I am usually somewhat close to the elevators.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

Another vote for the Lido deck inside cabins.  We had one in a Hawaii cruise on the Star Princess and another in a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Emerald.  We've had balconies on the Lido deck too.  No noise from spa above and quick access to the small pool in the front of the ship (adjacent to the Sanctuary but open to all).  No noise from the cabins below nor engine vibrations.  Early morning coffee only a stroll away.  A slice of pizza is dangerously close!  The front of the ship's stairwells are never crowded (an easy way to exercise) and the elevators are quick save from when there's a show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd book one of those like a shot if hubby didn't get claustrophobic in inside cabins. Very convenient location. Maybe try not to be too close to the outside Lido deck, since it sometimes gets loud there.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I'd book one of those like a shot if hubby didn't get claustrophobic in inside cabins. Very convenient location. Maybe try not to be too close to the outside Lido deck, since it sometimes gets loud there.

No one seems to use the front elevators. I am amazed at how quiet that deck is. I have had multiple cabins on multiple ships in that location. I actually would avoid the cabins forward as I always avoid forward cabins.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

No one seems to use the front elevators. I am amazed at how quiet that deck is. I have had multiple cabins on multiple ships in that location. I actually would avoid the cabins forward as I always avid forward cabins.

I agree with you on the front elevators. Not much traffic there. We love the forward cabins, since we like the motion. 😃

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

It's fine if you don't want to do an Inside because you'd rather have a balcony but what does the engine noise have to do with an Inside cabin on the Lido deck?  The engine is nowhere near there.

You are right! I would much prefer the stomping of feet from the fitness center and the scraping of chairs from the pool.

1 hour ago, nini said:

You are right! I would much prefer the stomping of feet from the fitness center and the scraping of chairs from the pool.

We recently had a balcony room  on Enchanted  Deck 17 Sun Deck forward  with open deck space (ie deck chairs) above us. We did not notice any noise from above.

On the grand class ships, we love the lido cabins - inside or outside.  Also worth considering are the far aft insides on either Riviera deck (super grand class) or Aloha deck (Grand, Sapphire, Diamond) as there is a door for quick access to the terrace pool and the back side of the Horizon Court.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisingrob21 said:

On the grand class ships, we love the lido cabins - inside or outside.  Also worth considering are the far aft insides on either Riviera deck (super grand class) or Aloha deck (Grand, Sapphire, Diamond) as there is a door for quick access to the terrace pool and the back side of the Horizon Court.

That's always been our "go to" cabin choice, but that's where the quarantine cabins are. That's how we got the Lido cabin that we're booked into - we got turfed.

3 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That's always been our "go to" cabin choice, but that's where the quarantine cabins are. That's how we got the Lido cabin that we're booked into - we got turfed.

Oh really?

That's a bummer.  Did you find out before boarding or did you get on and have a different cabin assigned than you booked?

Edited by cruisingrob21

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Haven't boarded yet...this is for a NOVEMBER cruise. We got moved last month!

Oh I see - ok that makes me feel better for my CB voyage in 2 weeks.  I got an inside cabin on aft Riviera deck and don't want to move!  Unless the upgrade price is right to move to a balcony cabin in the same area 🙂

1 hour ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Same. We really won’t consider cabins in any other locations.